Your book activity in 2012

Kell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I finished The Scapegoat by Daphne Du Maurier :exc: I'm so disappointed I've finished it :( because I did not want to let it go. Its a long time since a book has got under my skin like that one has. Its a book that will be rattling around in my head for a very long time.

Feel in need of some history so have just bought King Charles II by Antonia Fraser.

Finished Moonwalking With Einstein today and very enjoyable it was too. Started Captain Wentworth's Diary for my Year With Jane Austen challenge, which is my first read of one of Amanda Grange's series of diaries based on male characters from Jane Austen novels. :smile2:

I finished reading A Feast for Crows by George RR Martin at the weekend. I found it the worst in the series so far. Not much really seemed to go on until the last few pages.

Am now reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson am half way through part 1 and am finding it an amazing start to a new series. As always with the big fantasy series it takes some time to remember all the characters.

My mojo is at such a high at the minute I have finished 6 books this month in 8 days, the amount that I normally read in a month!

I finished Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard last night and have started Dawn of the Demontide (Witchfinder #1) by William Hussey.

I finished Dead as a Doornail & have now started Pure by Andrew Miller.Also went to visit our eldest daughter in York yesterday & couldn't resist popping into a few charity shops but I was quite restrained & came home with just one book Fall of Giants Ken Follett.

Well returning to a familiar YA series definitely brought my mojo back with a vengeance - hurrah!

Now rushing straight on to Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble...I think it was Lauraloves who warned me I might need tissues for this one though...so no reading it in public then!

A couple of downloads for me today. I downloaded the Kindle Daily Deal which is Roma by Steven Saylor (99p bargain!) and I downloaded The Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham as the price had dropped. Very happy with these two deals. :smile:

I just bought Game of Thrones. I was buying a book for my Mam for Mothers' Day and it was in the same two-for-a-set-price offer, so I thought I might as well pick up a book for me too, and Game of Thrones it was! :)

Inspired by Janet's Roald Dahl challenge, I bought myself James And The Giant Peach and The Magic Finger.

Both delightful - can't believe I went through childhood missing out on Dahl!

Have just ordered Matilda ...

Hurrah - glad it's inspired you - and glad you've enjoyed them. I've yet to read those titles. :)

I'm reading War of the Worlds by H G Wells - it's fab!

Hurrah - glad it's inspired you - and glad you've enjoyed them. I've yet to read those titles. :)

I'm reading War of the Worlds by H G Wells - it's fab!

Matilda arrived this afternoon :)

Will start as soon as I complete the Christie.

HG Wells = sci-fi, correct?

Not my cup of tea - but glad you enjoyed it!

I've acquired far too many books today. Went to the library and got 5, despite my resolution to cut back on library borrowing until my TBR reduces a tad.

Then I acquired all of Agatha Christie's books for the bargain price of 69p all in one handy electronic device. Apparently this is 88 novels. Still, at least I've read some so it's not 88 joining my TBR mount...I bet it's around 60 though.

More reading, less acquiring in the next few months I think!