Your book activity in 2012

Kell

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now about to start The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. My first Agatha Christie novel.

Ooo, this is a good one to start with! :smile:

I have just finished Sebastian Fitzek's 'Splinter'. As twisty turny as 'Therapy', but with a somewhat more disconcerting feel to it. I'm not sure exactly what I thought of it, although I can say that I'm glad I read it.

Ooo, this is a good one to start with! :smile:

I have just finished Sebastian Fitzek's 'Splinter'. As twisty turny as 'Therapy', but with a somewhat more disconcerting feel to it. I'm not sure exactly what I thought of it, although I can say that I'm glad I read it.

Thanks Chrissy, I'll push it a little further up the wish list! :smile:

Finished Black Butterfly by Mark Gatiss last night. :exc: A really fun read and quite a page turner!

Continuing with:

Horse Sense for People - Monty Roberts

John Jasper's Secret - struggled through the first chapter, and I hope it picks up

The Scapegoat - Daphne Du Maurier

Born To Run

Despite being really busy decorating I've still managed to keep up with my reading in the evenings & I've only got just over 100 pages to go in The Plains of Passage Jean M Auel although I've enjoyed it I'm looking forward to reading something different as it's a bit of a doorstopper.

Less than 100 pages of Madame Bovary, and I'd say it's....okay. Meh! Not awful, not brilliant.

Have had a few bargains from charity shops this week:

Bogart by A M Sperber (this has been on my wishlist for ages, and I was lucky to get it for 95p, and in good condition too).

Last Dance With Valentino, by Daisy Waugh (ummed and ahhed about this, but for the small price I paid, I thought it was worth taking the chance. Also, the lovely cover seduced me into buying it).

Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes (heard so many good things about it, saw it in the local charity shop, so jumped at it).

Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes (heard so many good things about it, saw it in the local charity shop, so jumped at it).

I thought it was fabulous Ruth, and friends who have read it have thought the same, I hope you do too! :-))

Finished I am the Messenger (Markus Zusak), it was a quirky read, funny but with a lot of feeling, the ending was a little disappointing but his interesting writing style made it so worth it, lots of quirky similes that made me smile! :-)

I've acquired two new books this week - The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht which is my March Book Club book and The War of the Worlds by H G Wells which my Mum bought me today to cheer me up. :wub:

I got the 'the complete and uncut edition of Stephen king's the stand' for $2 at my local book barn! It's one of my many TBR books on my list. This will be my first book I have read of his, but I have seen a couple of the movies some of his other books got turned into.

Edited by Devi

Started The Buried Circle by Jenni Mills last night. It's set in Avebury in 1938 and 2005,and yep the standing stones are leading characters! :smile:

I couldn't decide what to read next so I let my 11 year old daughter choose for me, she chose The Art of Racing in the Rain, judging by the recent fab reviews on here it was a great choice, I'll start it tonight! :smile:

I couldn't help myself, I went back to the book barn today, I only had 10mins browsing before it closed yesterday. I came out with five books:

Peter Robb - Midnight In Sicily

David Whitley - Children of the Lost

Bernard Cornwell - Harlequin vagabond

Theodore Judson - Fitzpatrick's War

G.M. Hague - Voices of Evil

all for $14 :D

I couldn't decide what to read next so I let my 11 year old daughter choose for me, she chose The Art of Racing in the Rain, judging by the recent fab reviews on here it was a great choice, I'll start it tonight! :smile:

You have such a great read ahead of you, chaliepud. Being a dog owner, I know you will love it. I plan on re-reading it very soon (even though I only read it about a month ago), as it's just such a wonderful story. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. :smile:

I couldn't help myself, I went back to the book barn today, I only had 10mins browsing before it closed yesterday. I came out with five books:

Peter Robb - Midnight In Sicily

David Whitley - Children of the Lost

Bernard Cornwell - Harlequin vagabond

Theodore Judson - Fitzpatrick's War

G.M. Hague - Voices of Evil

all for $14 :D

not bad!! Harlequin and Vagabond are the first two of a trilogy though... did they come in one book?

not bad!! Harlequin and Vagabond are the first two of a trilogy though... did they come in one book?

Yes they did, and I didn't know they were apart of a trilogy! Do you happen to know what the last book is called?

Edited by Devi