TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

I can't wait to see the film, I've read the first 2 books and keep looking for the third (not seen it yet and I don't want to order it because I'll probably end up spending more money if I start ordering...).

I thought they casting looked really good, except Carlisle. He doesn't look anything like I imagined him to look. I think they got most of the others fairly close though.

Anna

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My daughter has read the first three books in the series and loved them. She has now convinced me to try them so I have ordered the series including the fourth from the library. Guess which arrived first :D Yep, the last one :lol:. Ah well, it will keep her happy and she will have finished it well before I get to it. Oh, we got The Host as well, as she wanted to give that one a try too. Will let you know what I think once I read them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought this book was okay. Just okay though, for an easy read which gave me a break from hardcore lit. What I liked about the story was the sentence flow. As well, I was interested in what the story would bring. Like you, I loved the blurb in the back of the cover. However, I have to agree that there's more hype than there should be. Twilight wasn't mind-blowing like Harry Potter (with which it should not be compared!) but it was fun to read. Honestly, the characters were a bit flat; we have no clue what Bella did before Forks and we don't know what Edward did before meeting Bella. We know that Bella is clumsy but it doesn't show anywhere. The plot was fairly good, as it keep me reading for days. I admit, it's not bad. But it could have been better. I'm just a tad disappointed. It's probably because everyone talks about it as if it's the next Harry Potter.

I thought this book was okay. Just okay though, for an easy read which gave me a break from hardcore lit. What I liked about the story was the sentence flow. As well, I was interested in what the story would bring. Like you, I loved the blurb in the back of the cover. However, I have to agree that there's more hype than there should be. Twilight wasn't mind-blowing like Harry Potter (with which it should not be compared!) but it was fun to read. Honestly, the characters were a bit flat; we have no clue what Bella did before Forks and we don't know what Edward did before meeting Bella. We know that Bella is clumsy but it doesn't show anywhere. The plot was fairly good, as it keep me reading for days. I admit, it's not bad. But it could have been better. I'm just a tad disappointed. It's probably because everyone talks about it as if it's the next Harry Potter.

Excellent and right on insight! At least IMO.

I read this on recommendation of someone else last year. While I enjoyed the book, I was not blown away by it by any means, but it does have a slight addictive quality to it. I left it feeling I wouldn't bother me not to read the follow up, but I have been drawn to start reading them.

I do believe that the writer captures teenage love & desire whilst keeping an innocent tone to the whole book.

I read this on recommendation of someone else last year. While I enjoyed the book, I was not blown away by it by any means, but it does have a slight addictive quality to it. I left it feeling I wouldn't bother me not to read the follow up, but I have been drawn to start reading them.

I do believe that the writer captures teenage love & desire whilst keeping an innocent tone to the whole book.

That is so true, I bought the first two books and read them in a couple of days then had to go out and buy the third book (well my boyfriend bought it me as I was skint :)) as soon as I'd finished them. Having to wait til Breaking Dawn came out almost killed me :tong:.

due to all the hype, i've been trying to read this book twice. i could never seem to get past the first chapter though, let alone read the entire series. i'm going to give it one last shot and then i'll stop trying forever.

but i really want to get to the part where edward the vampire sparkles.

long live sparkling vampires!!

(still can't find the edit button, meh.)

Edited by Kell
Merged posts. ;) You can edit once you have made 10 posts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved the Twilight series. I read all four in one week. I just couldn't put them down. It was like I was addicted. There were some frustrating bits in the middle two books, but the first and the last were awesome. I can hardly wait for the movie to come out. I also heard that there is going to be another book added to the series called Midnight Sun, it's supposed to be Edward's perspective on Twilight. It's not certain when it's gonna come out though :roll:. It was put on hold for a while.

Going on recommendations on here, I have bought Twilight for my 16 year old neice for Xmas. She likes fantasy type read (or at least she did). Don't think she has tried anything like this though.:)

I've put this on my TBR. I'm really upset that the local library has only one copy of Twilight and one copy of New Moon in English even though this series seems to be really popular. They don't even have the other two books in English :) I've reserved Twilight but it might be a month before I'll get it :D

• 2 weeks later...
Going on recommendations on here, I have bought Twilight for my 16 year old neice for Xmas. She likes fantasy type read (or at least she did). Don't think she has tried anything like this though.:woohoo:

I hope she liked it :) I like fantasy and SF type of books.. and I was just amazed and thrilled with this book :drama: If she liked it, she might like the books from Anne Rice too :lol:

I finally gave in and read Twilight last week. I finished it in less than 2 days, so I definitely agree that it's addictive and a real page-turner. It's not as well written as Harry Potter though and the way people were talking about it made it sound like it is the next Harry Potter.

I am in love with Edward Cullen, even if I do find Bella & Edward's age difference a bit odd haha.