Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

So far I am enjoying it - especially the style of writing...

Read it a couple of years ago and really loved it, the second part only came out late last year I think it was.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only got a dozen pages of Susan Hill's Victorian ghost story,'The Mist In The Mirror' left to read,and will finish it tonight,and expecting a great ending!

Sounds good. :) I was going to post my regret that I hadn't bought a cheap copy of it when I had the chance recently, but I just double-checked my TBR pile and lo and behold, there it is! Now I'm really happy I bought it. :)

I've read about 80 pages of Treasure Island.

A real classic :cool::)

I finished The Hanging Shed. It was okay, a bit like a Scottish version of Jack Reacher, but I got fed up with things being described as 'wee' or characters saying "ah ken, ah ken" :rolleyes:

Now onto the second Dresden Files book, Fool Moon.

Did you read Storm Front first? If so was is it good? I keep looking at starting this series but have been unsure.

I finished Knots & Crosses by Ian Rankin in 24 hrs. Was a quick read for me and felt it could have been more detailed. Especially the story with the brother. Really felt that needed a better ending.

Does the series get any better? Is it worth sticking with?

I'm now reading Every Dead thing by John Connolly. 50 pages in and its great. Although a disturbing start.

Edited by Knox

Yes, it was an entertaining read -- it was enough to make me go out and buy more -- and apparently the books get better and better as they go along :)

Storm Front review

:)

Great review. I also just read the first chapter on amazon and was hooked so have ordered a copy :)

Yes, it was an entertaining read -- it was enough to make me go out and buy more -- and apparently the books get better and better as they go along :)

Storm Front review

:)

They have so far. I have read the first three. :)

Almost finished with Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore. Funny as all hell! :lol:

My book activity today is, as has been my habit the past few days, longing for a kindle.

The selection where I live... SUCKS.

Have you thought of downloading the free kindle app to your pc? You can do so from Amazon ;) Then I think you can transfer all the books you buy, from your pc onto your new kindle when you get one ( I would just check on that).

I have just added 7 new titles on to my TBR pile by Patricia Briggs and Kim Harrison - they're listed on Charm's Choices :)

I am still struggling with "Villa Serena" by Domenica de Rosa. I am 3/4 through and I quite like it, but I just want to finish it and start the Mortal Instruments series which I collected from the library today (I work there!). I find it hard to concentrate on much with all the person problems I have at the minute.

I am reading Emma Blair 'Princess of Poor Street', taking me a bit longer to read at the moment, I have also got personal problems at the moment, Mick is under the hospital,for different tests, and I am very worried.

I am reading Emma Blair 'Princess of Poor Street', taking me a bit longer to read at the moment, I have also got personal problems at the moment, Mick is under the hospital,for different tests, and I am very worried.

Sorry to hear that Vanessa, I hope he gets some positive news soon. :friends0:

I've put 1066-The Aftermath to one side as I have to be in the mood for the Battle of Hastings. I've started Berlin Noir - the Bernie Gunther trilogy by Philip Kerr as it was actually in the library and I wanted to grab it before anyone else. :wink:

friends0.gif to Vanessa and Lyra.

I haven't done any reading apart from work stuff today. But I did get two books in the mail:

M Barnard Eldershaw: Tomorrow & Tomorrow & Tomorrow (out-of-print Aussie dystopian-type novel)

Frank Muir (ed): The Oxford Book of Humorous Prose (a huge book that will be great to dip into every now and then).

Listened to two audio books today, Jeeves in the Offing by P. G. Wodehouse (narrated by the wonderful Simon Callow), and The Art of Destruction by Stephen Cole (a Tenth Doctor and Rose Doctor Who novel narrated by Don Warrington). Also read some more of Out of Time by Monique Martin.

Read about 40 pages of Awakening by William Horwood between 6-7am as even tho it's my day off I couldn't sleep-in,and then another 20 or so sat out in the sun 2 hrs ago.