Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

I'm about halfway through L'Auberge at the moment. Quite good and witty in a French farce sort of way. Can't compare to the great Clochemerle though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started reading 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman the other night and all is currently mojo well. :D He really is an extraordinary writer.

In addition, the paperback of 'I Shall Wear Midnight' by HRH Sir Terry Pratchett arrived today. I was determined to wait until it came out in paperback, which may be the source of all my mojo problems! :o:lol: So my next read is sorted too.

When I mentioned to a friend that I was reading The Ghost Writer (John Harwood) he asked if it's the one the movie was adapted from....I wasn't aware there was a movie...anybody know if there is?

I'm nearing the end of 'Game of thrones' and hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow. Have just ordered 'A clash of kings' and am waiting for amazon to find out when the series is out on DVD.

I am reading House of Silence by Linda Gillard and it has definitely returned my mojo to me.

With the assistance of Charm, of course. :D

I am reading House of Silence by Linda Gillard and it has definitely returned my mojo to me.

Ooh let me know what you think of House of Silence. Have you read her other books? I keep seeing her name pop up on here and my Kindle but I've never read any of hers before. Also, I'm new around here and curious: what is mojo?!

Ooh let me know what you think of House of Silence. Have you read her other books? I keep seeing her name pop up on here and my Kindle but I've never read any of hers before. Also, I'm new around here and curious: what is mojo?!

I certainly will let you know, katie. :)

I read Emotional Geology by the same author and it was brilliant. Made me sob uncontrollably for pages.

I didn't know what "mojo" was really either. I just caught on after awhile.

In regards to this forum, it basically means "desire or enjoyment of reading".

If there is more to it than that, I am sure one of the other lovely people here will let you know. :D

I read Emotional Geology by the same author and it was brilliant. Made me sob uncontrollably for pages.

If there is more to it than that, I am sure one of the other lovely people here will let you know. :D

Thanks! Well in that case, my mojo has been in overdrive today!

I'm really enjoying The Master and Margarita, some parts are a little tough to get through and I have to read them twice, but I'm enjoying the story. I'm also trying not to be tempted to start another book at the same time, I only got my kindle about a week ago and I'm still a bit click-happy with impulse buying books! I have about 30 already, and now I'm definitely going to have to buy some of Linda Gillard's too!

The author did ask me to review the book, so I'm not surprised he read my review, just that he responded!

He basically said that it wasn't a first draft (I had said it read like a first draft) but that he had worked for 3 years on it and had numerous people read it. He said that a publisher had been interested but had wanted a literary agent (who he had to pay for) to look over it- and the agent gave him a good review. He said the only reason they hadn't published it was because they wanted him to pay, and that was too expensive. If you ask me the publisher sounds dodgy!

Right I have just downloaded 9 books to my kindle ready for my holiday I am so excited. a whole different variety of things which I will review when I am back as well as catch up all the ones I have on there already and have read

Cookies worked then? Bribery ... works every time ;)

Couldn't have put it better myself. :)

Right I have just downloaded 9 books to my kindle ready for my holiday I am so excited. a whole different variety of things which I will review when I am back as well as catch up all the ones I have on there already and have read

Just 9? How long are you going for? ... I think you'll need more :giggle2:

My mojo is tentatively returning, I managed a few chapters last night :D

Just 9? How long are you going for? ... I think you'll need more :giggle2:

Now you have me thinking...Do I need more??? might have to peruse Amazon whilst at work today :D

Now you have me thinking...Do I need more??? might have to peruse Amazon whilst at work today :D

Have to agree with Charm there Pickle. I mean how do you know the 9 you downloaded are right for your holiday. :wink: You'll need to download at least another 30!! :giggle2:

I just havent had hardly anytime for reading these last few days :( everytime I sit down with a book I have to go off and do something else! I managed to finish The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett, but only because I only had a couple of pages left!

Just finished reading 'Game of Thrones' and it was bl**dy brilliant. What an ending. Still awaiting book 2 to arrive in post so am now going to read 'The Monkeys Raincoat' Robert Crais. Not read him before but it looks good.

I bought Linda Gillard's bl**dy brilliant 'Emotional Geology' on Kindle today. Only £1.90! :D

Bargain! fab book too :)

I am still reading Lesley Pearse 'Never Look Back', have to keep putting it down as I keep crying reading it, some parts of the book just makes you sob.

This was the first LP book I read and it had me in tears too but I loved it :)

I've not read anything for about a week now :( I'm really missing my mojo again, the little blighter has done another runner :giggle2:

Just finished reading 'Game of Thrones' and it was bl**dy brilliant. What an ending. Still awaiting book 2 to arrive in post so am now going to read 'The Monkeys Raincoat' Robert Crais. Not read him before but it looks good.

I have just started reading Games of Thrones! Its fantastic!!!

I finished Gerritsen's Vanish last night, the best Rizzoli/Isles novel in the series so far in my opinion. Good stuff! Then started reading The Mephisto Club by the same. I'm soon out of Gerritsens and can focus on other books, yay :)

I have just had a reading spurt where I read 3 books and finished 2 that were previously dragging on but now my mojo has slumped again on The Remains of the Day. Think I might have to put it to one side for a bit and start the next Thursday Next.

I read a couple of short stories on the Kindle before deciding on my next read and I've now picked on The One from the Other by Philip Kerr (a Bernie Gunther book). So far looks quite promising.

I'm not quite sure what happened to me a couple of nights ago, but I haven't been able to put my book down! After feeling very 'meh' about reading, this is a welcome change. I've only got about 100 pages left of Discovery of Witches and I'm SO excited this is part I of a trilogy because I honestly cannot get enough :D.