Library Thing

~V~

I have completely forgotten. I have been so busy with getting the house sorted out (it is a mess), and of course seeing to Katie every five minutes means not much gets done. Maybe next century when the house is junk free and completely redecorated, fixed up and furnished and the children grow up I might get chance to sit down. Failing that I might find a free afternoon nearer to the present when I won't feel guilty about the mountain of work that needs doing here.:)

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been keeping mine up-to-date with all new purchases, but I haven't made much more progress in adding the rest of my books (mostly my books on the occult/supernatural so I'm not in too much hurry to add them - so long as I've got my 'novels' on there, I'm happy).

Yes, my books go in pretty much as soon as I get them home. But if not, then I am always looking at the site, almost daily, to read the reviews of books that I have, so there is always ready opportunity to stay current. I love the reviews feature more than anything.

I don't want to pay for an extended account, so I maxed the free one up to 201 books, so I wasn't able to put in all of them. But, at least it's a sampling. I'm trying to catalog all of my books in an Excel spreadsheet (I'm sorry if I've mentioned this before), and I'm actually up to about 250 books, but I haven't physically gone through all of them...I don't feel like digging through all of my boxes and closets. :)

I add my books by the ISBN number. If it doesn't come up, I then do it by title, but amend the details so it reflects my own copy as much as possible.

I've just been having a look at the Library Thing website. Do you guys enter the exact edition that you own, or just go with the title?

I use author or title and then look for my edition - if not there then I choose similar - I have managed to upload a picture of a text book once!!

ISBN against amazon does well enough for me. For older books I'll search further for cover or edition and look in Library of Congress. But for something that works so easily and allows me to tag books as I wish, I'm not inclined to be too finicky. I don't have rarities that need precise imprint information, nor am I selling to a market place, so I'm very happy.

I do a title search through amazon, but I always edit the titles once I have them on my list so that the edition information doesn't appear. I then go through the publication dates and change them to the original dates.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've requested it anyway - you never know - one of us might get one! And I promise that if I get it and it's any good, I'll pass it around for others to read in a book ring. :lol:

It's a good sign that they're starting to get books available for the UK members though - now they've had one, they're bound to get more as there are definitely a lot of UK members interested, that's for sure!

• 4 weeks later...

I got the "we regret" message, followed by the, "Oops - I was lying - you're getting Boy A after all" message. Am well chuffed to be one of the first batch of Brits getting LT Early Review books.I rpomise that once I've read and reviewed it, I'll offer it up for a Book Ring, so others who didn't get one this time round can have a read of it too. :readingtwo: