Library Thing

~V~

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a paid-up member on Library Thing with way more than 200 books and I think it is great! Even if, for security reasons, I am there under a different name which I close hold. People there can see my name there, which is sufficient for all purposes there.

It occured to me today, that having all the books catalogued on a site like Librarything, is good for insurance purposes. People who don't read are frequently taken aback by the numbers of books I have (or have had in the past). At least this way you have some proof.

(Although, of course, someone could enter books they don't own...but why bother!)

I've decided to pay a lifetime fee as I have so many books to add. Not sure what the other benefits are though. I am looking at it from the point of view of insurance, if nothing else. You can also get a download of your library contents onto your mobile if you are book shopping and have forgotten what you've got, (available to everyone I think) Might be better having a separate wish list feature for that though.

Anyway, better start cataloguing.

I don't have time to sit and catologue all my books!!

Neither do I! - I've squandered loads of time on this, I'm totally addicted!!! Would love to see some sort of wish list feature though.

Would love to see some sort of wish list feature though.

Have got round this by tagging books as read, TBR or wishlist - that way you can create separate lists by clicking on the different tag options.