Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran to Half Price Books after work and picked up Old Rail Fence Corners by Lucy Leavenworth and Wilder Morris. It's a great reprinting of a book that was originally put out in 1914 and is a collection of tales told by Minnesota pioneers. I love this stuff! :D

I have finished by Terry Pratchett re-read just done a death or should I say DEATH trilogy (Mort, Reaper Man and Soul Music) now I am thinking of either starting Rivers of London or The Leopard

My mojo is brimming over :D I've finished 13 Rue Therese, Private Dancer and a couple of Du Maurier short stories in the space of a week and have now started an ol' favourite, The Magic Cottage by James Herbert.

I've only got the epilogue left to read in Bury The Chains so I should finish tonight & then I'm starting a re read of Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean m. Auel.

Also visited the charity shop today & came home with

The Silken Net Melvyn Bragg

The Virgin's Lover Phillippa Gregory

problem at pollensa bay Agatha Christie

The Winter Ghosts Kate Mosse

Remarkable Creatures Tracy Chevalier

Reading in the Dark Seamus Deane

Ghost Written David Mitchell

The Clan of the Cave Bear Jean M. Auel

The Valley of Horses Jean M. Auel

I was so excited to find the Jean M. Auel books as I have had the other ones in the Earth's Children series but have been waiting ages for the first 2 to turn up on the shelves so I can start my re read :D

Started Tell Me Everything by Sarah Salway today, and absolutely loving it so far - I'm definitely glad Michelle pointed me in her direction a while back, despite the fact that was for short stories, and I've only read her novels so far! :lol:

Started Tell Me Everything by Sarah Salway today, and absolutely loving it so far - I'm definitely glad Michelle pointed me in her direction a while back, despite the fact that was for short stories, and I've only read her novels so far! :lol:

I've read and thoroughly enjoyed her short story collection 'Leading The Dance'. I keep meaning to get hold of more by her, so it's great to hear that I should!

My mojo is OK, but I haven't read anything really in the past week / ten days. My reading mood is changeable, so until it settles on a book I will have to grin and bear it!

I've read and thoroughly enjoyed her short story collection 'Leading The Dance'. I keep meaning to get hold of more by her, so it's great to hear that I should!

My mojo is OK, but I haven't read anything really in the past week / ten days. My reading mood is changeable, so until it settles on a book I will have to grin and bear it!

I've been trying to get hold of more of her books too, Chrissy, but only this one and Something Beginning With (both novels) are in print at the moment :( However, we do follow each other on twitter and she's told me that some of her books are being reprinted later this year - I'm hoping it will be some of her earlier books and even more hoping they'll be available on Kindle or iBooks!

Edited by chesilbeach

From the remnants of a Comic Relief booksale at work - £1.50 got me

Icon - Frederick Forsyth

The Janson Directive - Robert Ludlum

Dan Brown - Deception Point

John Connelly - Bad Men

In the case ready for Summer and will be left in the Hotel foyer Fuerteventura when completed. I wonder about the journeys some of these books undertake before they end up in the bin !

Yesterday I bought:

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn Book 2) and The Hero of Ages (Mistborn Book 3) by Brandon Sanderson

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

3 for 2 in Waterstones. I think they are the first treebooks I've bought this year, everything else has been Kindle-fied.

Finished reading A Mistletoe Kiss by Katie Flynn yesterday morning and started on Hourglass by Claudia Gray last night, Currently on the fourth chapter.

I was going to start Rivers of London yestrday but instead I got sucked into a free book I picked up in the tea romm yesterday Deathstalker Legacy - Simon R Green it takes me back to when I read a load of his books years ago, space opera at its finest :D

I have started reading The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters for this new bookclub I'm going to On tuesday. I doubt I will get it finished but will have a good stab at it.

I also started reading Memoirs of a Geisha over the weekend and I love it so far but think I need to concentrate on one at a time!

No reading cause no mojo :( .... it just up and left :dunno:

What did I do wrong?

Did I hurt it's feelings somehow?

Is it just too exhausted to read anymore?

Or maybe I haven't been giving it enough cookies lately?

Oh mojo, come back! Pleeeaasseee!!! :hissyfit: