Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

I'm really excited - just got Room from Play for only Eur3.99 - been waiting to get it for ages... and while I was at it I also got Shades of Grey

I will give them to my husband so my children will "give" them to me for my birthday :D

Good stuff! Your children have good taste in gifts :giggle2:

I've finished reading The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman and I'm not sure what to read next. I think I have to go with a library book, if only I would know which one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the village to get my medication and I noticed a 25p book sale! :o In I went! :out:

Loads of things had gone by the looks of it. But I did manage to pick up

*The INterpretation of murder- Jed rubenfeld

*The Girl who played with Fire - Stieg Larsson

*Gone by Michael Grant.

On the back of the Michael Grant GONE book it said LORD OF THE FLIES for the HEROES generation. Me in a rush thought it said LOST not HEROES. D'oh:banghead: but still looks good.

Dropped into the charity shop this afternoon & came out with

Kraken China Mieville

Vernon God Little DBC Pierre

Sharpe's Fury Bernard Cornwell

Under The Skin Michel Faber

The Remains of the Day Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penelopiad Margaret Atwood

Went to the village to get my medication and I noticed a 25p book sale! :o In I went! :out:

Loads of things had gone by the looks of it. But I did manage to pick up

*The INterpretation of murder- Jed rubenfeld

*The Girl who played with Fire - Stieg Larsson

*Gone by Michael Grant.

On the back of the Michael Grant GONE book it said LORD OF THE FLIES for the HEROES generation. Me in a rush thought it said LOST not HEROES. D'oh:banghead: but still looks good.

A 25p book sale?! Good stuff! :smile2: I hope You like The Girl Who Played with Fire, and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on Interpretation of Murder!

Under The Skin Michel Faber

That's a really good one, looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

I started reading Maria Gripe's Hissillä neljänteen kerrokseen, a children's novel.

A 25p book sale?! Good stuff! :smile2: I hope You like The Girl Who Played with Fire, and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on Interpretation of Murder!

I have read the Girl who played with fire. But it was a library copy. I'm getting the set for my book shelf.

As for the Interpretation of Murder. I have wanted to read this for a while.

I've read about 30 pages of both Shakespeare and From Dead to Worse today.

Shakespeare is fascinating, if just for the interesting historical facts about London. From Dead to Worse is enjoyable so far; looking forward to seeing where it goes.

That's a really good one, looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Yeah it sounded really good when I read the back will let you know when I get round to reading it :D

[quote name='frankie' timestamp='1299656886' post='250367'

As for the Interpretation of Murder. I have wanted to read this for a while.

Hope you enjoy it Catwoman I thought it was a good read :)

I picked up Joe Abercrombie's "The First Law" trilogy at Waterstones as they were in the 3 for 2 sale and I had £10 of book vouchers to use. I read the first page of the first one "The Blade Itself" and already I'm hooked. I can't wait to finish my current book so I can get onto these.

Edited by Amesy

I picked up Joe Abercrombie's "The First Law" trilogy at Waterstones as they were in the 3 for 2 sale and I had £10 of book vouchers to use. I read the first page of the first one "The Blade Itself" and already I'm hooked. I can't wait to finish my current book so I can get onto these.

I've just looked them up on fantastic fiction. They look right up my street, going to pick a copy up from the library tomorrow.

today I recieved in the post,

Marley and Me - John Grogan

Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad (thanks frankie :D)

Hope you enjoy Marley & Me Laura but have plenty of tissues on hand when you read it :cry:

Hope you enjoy Marley & Me Laura but have plenty of tissues on hand when you read it :cry:

I really wanted to read this before watching the film, but someone told me what happends in the end! Still, I will probably be affected by the ending :(

I really wanted to read this before watching the film, but someone told me what happends in the end! Still, I will probably be affected by the ending :(

Ooh that's so annoying :irked: I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway though.

So I picked up a copy of The Blade itself today and it looks really good, I also picked up my reservation for Muddle earth. By Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. Looks really funny. ts a big book but I think a kids book. Ther is a cartoon on the BBC. Has the voice talent of David Jason.

Muddle Earth is not quite like our earth. For a start is has three moons. And of course, the abundance of pink, stinky hogs, sleeping, farting trolls and exploding gas frogs mark it out as something quite extraordinary. In fact, welcome to a world where nothing is quite as it should be, especially for young Joe Jefferson, an ordinary boy who somehow finds himself not only transported to this curious planet, but discovers fairly quickly that he is also its saviour-apparent.

The kids like it because therea character called Randalf. haha.

Also picked up thesebooks in a charity shop.

*KOKO - Peter Straub

*Unfinished Tales - J.R.R. Tolkien ( editied by Christpoher tolkien)

*Dark BLood - John Meaney

Has anyone read KOKO. It sounds good. But more because it sounds a mystery, as mot much is revealed in the blurb.

dark blood I have just found out s part of a series. D'oh!!!! But has been given full marks.

**edit*** I have just reserved the book I need to read before Dark blood. Yay!

Edited by catwoman

I'm halfway through 'One Of Our Thursdays Is Missing', the latest Thursday Next adventure by Jasper Fforde. I'm enjoying it, but am feeling cautious. I will have to see this one through before I know for sure how I feel about it. :)