Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

An excellent book, Inver, I hope you enjoy it :smile2:

Not one I had heard off, but she offered to send it....thick book so will take me a while and small print too.

Finished 'Away from it All' by Judy Astley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Room by Emma Donoghue last night in bed, it was superb. The best novel I've read this year by far. I was sad to see the last page of it, I'm going to miss Jack.

I don't know what to read next but I have a lot of choices.

Sarah's Key- Tatiana De Rosnay arrived from bookmooch over the weekend

I have read this and it's a wonderful book. Harrowing at times, but so well written I really look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

Finished Little Girls Lost by Jack Kerely. Not as good as the previous ones in the series. But still good.

I am about to start re-reading Lord of the flies by Wiliam Golding. I LOVE THIS BOOK. Is most definately in my top five, and can't wait to start again. It's on the LOST book club reding list.

Also found another book I wanna get called Twelve by Jasper Kent. Sounds really good.

I started reading Angel Fire East - Terry Brooks this is the third part of the series which I started reading about 10 years ago I think so I am finding it a little hard to remember the book.

I finished Night by Elie Wiesel.

I wanted to read something a little lighter next. Inspired by seeing Macbeth the other night, I've decided to read Shakespeare by Bill Bryson. I'm only a few pages in and it's already very interesting. Typical Bryson. :)

My brain couldn't seem to tackle Kärpäsenkesyttäjä so instead I started and finished Le Bal by Irène Némirovsky. She's someone I want to read more by.

Currently I'm reading The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.

I am now reading Nora Roberts 'The Welcoming' not bad, but not the best of hers I have read, I like her other books better, with romance, thriller and suspense in them.

Was reading Halfhead by Stuart Macbride but I wasn't struck. Despite being a huge MacBride fan I much prefer the Logan McRae series.

So I swapped sci-fi for politics and started Alistair Campbell's The Blair Years. Very interesting and entertaining. It's interesting to see the perspective of a master of spin and the dark arts. :D

My brain couldn't seem to tackle Kärpäsenkesyttäjä so instead I started and finished Le Bal by Irène Némirovsky. She's someone I want to read more by.

Will be popping into Frankie's book blog to see what she thought of Le Bal, as I've loved both books I've read by Némirovsky, and all her others are on my wishlist!

I've read another few chapters of Thistle Soup by Peter Kerr, which I'm absolutely loving, as I have a fascination with post-war agriculture in Britain (I know, you're impressed at how totally cool my interests are :cool: )

Edited by chesilbeach

Will be popping into Frankie's book blog to see what she thought of Le Bal, as I've loved both books I've read by Némirovsky, and all her others are on my wishlist!

Ooh you've read some of her books? Let me know which ones and what you thought about them :)

Read some more Lord of the Flies. still loving it.

I also went into the library to pick up my reservation of American Psycho. I have lost my copy and had the need to read it now. When I picked p the book, a huuuuge paperweightt was also there!!! :huh: A copy of The Passage had arrived! YAY! It's in Hardback, and will no doubt exceed my hand luggage. So the lovely library offered to put a reservation on the paperback copy, hoping that it comes in before my flight.

Just finished '69' by Ryu Murakami and I enjoyed it, I am about to start Afterlife (Evernight) by Claudia Gray :)

I'm really excited - just got Room from Play for only Eur3.99 - been waiting to get it for ages... and while I was at it I also got Shades of Grey

I will give them to my husband so my children will "give" them to me for my birthday :D