Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have managed to acquire a few books over the weekend.

About a Boy- Nick Hornby arrived in the post

I picked up 2 for myself from Waterstones;

Sheep Chase- Haruki Marukami

Something Rotton- Jasper Fforde (at last they had it in stock!)

And The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ- Phillip Pullman for my sister

I also found out Jasper Fforde is visiting my favourite Waterstones next Monday, I am hoping I can finish work early to go.

Oh and am almost finished with When God was a Rabbit- Sarah Winman

Edited by Lucybird

Disappointing lack of reading over the weekend. :( I did, however, reorganise my books to close up some gaps from recent removals and add in my recent additions. Everything is looking nice and neat again. :)

I just this week read Therapy in what amounted to one sitting. :D

Fantastic!

I wrote a little about it on my 2011 books read list.

One sitting? Wow! I take it you enjoyed it? :lol: I've kinda been forcing myself to finish it, only a few pages left though so I'll probably finish it later. :wink:

Have managed to acquire a few books over the weekend.

About a Boy- Nick Hornby arrived in the post

I picked up 2 for myself from Waterstones;

Sheep Chase- Haruki Marukami

Something Rotton- Jasper Fforde (at last they had it in stock!)

And The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ- Phillip Pullman for my sister

I also found out Jasper Fforde is visiting my favourite Waterstones next Monday, I am hoping I can finish work early to go.

Oh and am almost finished with When God was a Rabbit- Sarah Winman

A great haul Lucy, and how extremely exciting about the Jasper Fforde visit!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :smile2:

I have 50 more pages to go with Totta, then it's on to Madame Bovary.

I've just finished The Hanging Shed - Gordon Ferris I downloaded it to my kindle for £1 and it was a bargain!I found it a real page turner and will keep a look out for more books by this author. :readingtwo:

I finished 'Room' by Emma Donoghue this morning, what an amazing book :bookworm:

It certainly is amazing! glad you enjoyed it. :)

I read it a few weeks ago and I still keep thinking about the characters, I even find myself wondering how they're getting on at times!

I finished Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek last night and then started Crave by J R Ward, two very different books :wink:

I have resisted the temptation to get Crave so far as although I liked Covet it wasn't a patch on the BDB books, I have the new one on preorder can't wait for a little sexy vampire action :D (grownup stylee!!!!)

Listening to Audio book To Dream of the Dead - Phil Rickman I like this series and have read all the books so far and love em, but I do despair of the idealised view of archaeology and archaeologists it makes me cringe sometimes

I have resisted the temptation to get Crave so far as although I liked Covet it wasn't a patch on the BDB books, I have the new one on preorder can't wait for a little sexy vampire action :D (grownup stylee!!!!)

:lol: I hear ya! I'm so looking forward to the new BDB as well. I've liked J R Ward on Facebook and it keeps popping up with tempting quotes! :lol:

I did think the same about Covet, BDB is far better, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm wanting to read atm and figured Crave would be a safe bet. I borrowed it from a friend and it's been on my shelf for ages, so I thought I should read it and get it back to her. :blush: Who knows? Maybe it will be even better than Covet ;)

I've just finished The Hanging Shed - Gordon Ferris I downloaded it to my kindle for £1 and it was a bargain!I found it a real page turner and will keep a look out for more books by this author. :readingtwo:

Ooh, I got that one for £1 as well - I'll have to bump it up the TBR list :)

It certainly is amazing! glad you enjoyed it. :)

I read it a few weeks ago and I still keep thinking about the characters, I even find myself wondering how they're getting on at times!

Me too pickle, I think 'Room' will stay with me :)

Finished The Well of Lost Plots and will be starting Something Rotten shortly. Hoping to read this and First Among Sequels today and tomorrow, so that I'll be able to make a start on the nice, shiny new copy of One Of Our Thursdays Is Missing when it's published tomorrow! :exc:

Ooh, I got that one for £1 as well - I'll have to bump it up the TBR list :)

I hope you enjoy The Hanging Shed as much as I did when you read it :) I've just downloaded and started another book by the same author Truth Dare Kill. :readingtwo:

Finished Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult last night. Loved it, but it left me feeling drained.

I've now started The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde after reading numerous positive comments on here. Had no idea it was set in the future; for some reason I'd thought it was a chick-lit type book. :giggle: