Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished 'Shades of Grey' by Jasper Fforde (I think I am a Green :giggle:) and I am about to start 'The Body Finder' by Kimberly Derting, which was recommended to me by Kelly (Lexiepiper) ~ thanks hen :)

I received a book voucher for my birthday today, so shortly I'll be going through my wish list to plan my expedition. :)

I haven't had much of a chance to read this weekend, but hopefully I'll get to read a little more of Everything is Illuminated. I took a few books over to Mum's place for her to read. :)

I received a book voucher for my birthday today, so shortly I'll be going through my wish list to plan my expedition. :)

Happy choosing Kylie :)

I'm on chapter 3 of 'The Body Finder' by Kimberly Derting, so far, so good :)

I'm about a third of the way through Gilead, and I want to finish it today, because then I am definitely starting on my re-reads of the Thursday next series, in preparation for One Of Out Thursdays Is Missing, which is out in 9 days, and I'm pre-ordering for my Kindle so it will be downloaded as soon as I get up that day! I will then be using my Waterstone's points to treat myself to the hardcover version as well, to keep my collection of the books up to date. One of the very few authors I insist on having physical copies of their books, as well as digital.

Happy Shopping Kylie :)

About 50 pages into The Help & already hooked.

I haven't had much of a chance to read this weekend, but hopefully I'll get to read a little more of Everything is Illuminated. I took a few books over to Mum's place for her to read. :)

Yay, a voucher!! :doowapstart: Can't wait to hear how your expedition goes :) And c'mon, do you really expect us to be satisfied with only saying you took 'a few books' to your Mum? C'mon, we want details! :giggle:

I'm currently reading Mr Rosenblum's List. Haven't had time to get very far with it but so far so good :)

I'm trying to decide which book to start right now. Its beteen The Hunger Games and Water for Elephants.

I haven't read Hunger Games yet, Cali, but I loved WFE. You should try and read it before April when the film comes out! :D

Just finished Gilead - gonna take some thinking about before I write any sort of review! Have downloaded The Eyre Affair so I can start my re-reads of the Thursday Next series before the 22nd :smile2:

As the Nirvana would sing: Take your time, hurry up, the choice is yours, don't be late! Meaning: can't wait to read your thoughts on Gilead :smile2:

I received three Elie Wiesel books from the lovely Weave in the mail today: Night, Dawn and Day.

Thank you so much, Weave! You're wonderful. friends0.gif

You are very welcome Kylie :)

I managed a good haul of what look like interesting books from the library today as I was determined to avoid the bookshops in toen. I got

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County - Tiffany Baker

Darkmans - Nicola Barker

Wnite is for Witching - Helen Oyeyemi

You Can't Hide - Karen Rose ( I am determined to give her another go with this one)

Also stil reading Iron Council - China Mieville

I read 'The Little Giant of Aberdeen County' last year .. or it may have been 2009. It's quite odd but I liked it. 'White for Witching' is one I'd like to read but it's got a difficult reputation .. be interested to read your thoughts on it Pickle.

And c'mon, do you really expect us to be satisfied with only saying you took 'a few books' to your Mum? C'mon, we want details! :giggle:

I'm currently reading Mr Rosenblum's List. Haven't had time to get very far with it but so far so good :)

I can't wait to hear what you think of Rosenblum. :D

I gave my Mum the third book in the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency (although she's only just started the second book), The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne and A Fortunate Life by AB Facey (an Australian classic that I think she'll really like).

Abby, I agree with Peace. I reckon you should go with Water for Elephants so you can read it before the movie comes out.

I just went out and spent most of my gift voucher on:

Jorge Luis Borges: Fictions (can't wait to read this after reading about it in Alberto Manguel's The Library at Night)

Stephen Fry: Moab is My Washpot (I can finally read this! This edition has a much nicer cover than the others I've seen)

Edited by Kylie

I read 'The Little Giant of Aberdeen County' last year .. or it may have been 2009. It's quite odd but I liked it. 'White for Witching' is one I'd like to read but it's got a difficult reputation .. be interested to read your thoughts on it Pickle.

I really enjoyed The Little Giant of Aberdeen County I thoiught it was quite fairytale like and I really felt for Truly she wasn't all nice which is why I liked her more than if she had been just long suffering, my favourite character though was Marcus.

I am part of the way through White for Witching and its a good read but I am not sure where its going and am afraid that it might be one of those books where nothing really happens, the only thing I find confusing sometimes is who is doing the narrative as it swaps without warning. Saying that its quite and engrossing read and written quite poetically

Edited by pickle

Still reading Behind the Scenes at the Museum which is my paperback and interchanging with The House by the Churchyard by Le Fanu which I downloaded as one of the free Kindle books.

I very quickly read Brighton Rock over the weekend as I accidently bought and then cancelled it on the Kindle Store. I was told that money would be refunded and the book removed from the device ...... it is still on my Kindle (and the money has been refunded :cool: ).