Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my reading mojo has been off recently, I am plodding through 'The Fall' by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan :)

Edited by Weave

I've received two books in the mail:

John Ajvide Lindqvist: Let the Right One In

Richard Yates: Collected Stories

I've finally learnt that I can go to the PO box first thing in the morning to check for books. I don't have to wait all day until I get home. :D

I've read about 50 pages of First Among Sequels. I love getting the in-jokes. :)

I've finally learnt that I can go to the PO box first thing in the morning to check for books. I don't have to wait all day until I get home. :D

I've read about 50 pages of First Among Sequels. I love getting the in-jokes. :)

Happy reading Kylie! :)

I've finished Something to Talk About - Sarah Webb and have started Trixie Trader - Helen Dunne. Am hoping my mojo picks up a bit has been lacking a bit of late :/

I gave up on Trixie Trader, I will go back to it at some point but I just couldnt get into it. I started Four Play by Jane Moore instead.

I started two books yesterday Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry and The Redeemer - Jo Nesbo and both are great

Oooh I hope Moab Is My Washpot is good, I have high hopes for that one. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Haha, that is cunning! :cool: I'm happy to hear that you now, finally, own a copy of Let the Right One In :smile2: It's a long novel, save it for next year :wink:

I finally unpacked my Australia books and was happy to reunite with them. Did a lot of cataloguing and updating my reading blog. Haven't actually read anything today but I'm going to go to bed soon and make amends.

Yep, it's cunning, but it didn't pay dividends today. No books for Kylie. :( I'm going to check again tonight though, just in case. :wink:

It's so good to have you back on board Frankie!

And yes, I was surprised by how big Let the Right One In is!

I finished Jo Nesbo's The Redeemer last night and I loved it, made me want to start The Snowman straight away but I resisted until this morning :D . I like the way his characters and plot twists and turns one minute you think you have solved it the next you are guessing again, and although I did work out some of the tie ups I didn't expect it all, and it was a little sad too.

Edited by pickle

I checked the post office again this afternoon, and this time there were 3 parcels there! Yay! Clearly I'm going to have to continue checking the box twice a day. :) I received:

Lewis Buzbee: The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop (this has been on my wish list for sooo long!)

Neil Gaiman: American Gods

Chris Priestley: Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth

Prior to that, I called in to a bookshop on the way home from work and bought just a couple more books (well? I thought I wouldn't be getting any in the mail!)

Emma Beare: 501 Must-Read Books

Karel Capek: War with the Newts (an additional copy to one I already own)

Ursula Doyle: Love Letters of Great Men and Women

Susan Hill: The Battle for Gullywith

Katherine Howe: The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane

Christopher Reid: Letters of Ted Hughes

Dava Sobel: Longitude

Daniel Waters: Generation Dead

I have actually managed to read a few pages of my two current reads as well.

ETA: Aww, what the heck? I didn't realise The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane was the same as The Lost Book of Salem, which I bought a few months ago. Grrr...I hate it when they do that! irked.gif

Edited by Kylie

I received a good variety of books in the mail today:

Germaine Greer: The Female Eunuch

Sylvia Plath: Ariel

Malcolm X: The Autobiography of Malcolm X

I'm still making slow but steady progress with The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath. I usually have a poor record when it comes to reading on the weekend, but I'm determined to get some reading done this weekend.

I finished The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney a beautifully written story.

I've had this on my TBR pile for quite awhile so good to hear you enjoyed it :D

I've only 20 pages left to read in Sotah but I'm going out tonight so will probably finish it tomorrow now.

I finished The Passage last night and I have started Blackout by Connie Willis .

Forgot to mention, we bought Under the Dome by Stephen King today on sale.

Edited by pontalba

I'll be shelving my new books today and I've set myself up in the library for a pleasant afternoon of reading. My biggest problem will be staying awake long enough to get a good amount of reading in. rolleyes.gif

Happy shelving Kylie, have Rocky Road for me if you have any! :smile2:

I was supposed to spend the whole day reading, instead spent time going through all the threads on the forum and then... I went to a bar. I'm still reading The Bad Dog's Diary, which I'm not enjoying at all, which is totally weird because I usually love books about dogs. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it tomorrow. I mean today.

I finished Sotah this morning at breakfast, a really good read it's set in Jerusalem & centres round a young girl in an orthodox jewish sect I really liked learning about the jewish religion & practices not something I know a lot about.

I've decided to read Gem Squash Tokoloshe Rachel Zadok for my next book.

Nearly forgot I also posted 3 books that I've read to my sister in Holland & so made a bit of room on the bookshelves :D

Since I have been hearing so much about The Passage by Justin Cronin, I decided to follow the beat of my own drum and read Mary and O'Neil instead, by the same author. :P