The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We watched Defiance tonight...Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber.

Heartbreaking and wonderful.

I agree pontalba, amazing film, I have the book waiting to be read :)

Harry Potter - which we went to see last night - I thought it was brilliant and it definately didn't feel like nearly 2 1/2 hours.

Looking forward to The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest which is out on Friday !

I saw Deck the Halls on TV the other day. What a terrible, terrible film. Even though it had Kristin Chenoweth in it, I still couldn't make it all the way through.

Hopefully going to see Harry Potter in the next week or so. I prefer to go to the cinema after the initial rush. There's nothing worse than being in a packed cinema when I want to watch a film.

There's nothing worse than being in a packed cinema when I want to watch a film.

I couldn't agree more. There is always some a**hole that insists on kicking your chair or having a casual conversation somewhere behind you.

I agree pontalba, amazing film, I have the book waiting to be read :)

I have Defiance [the book] waiting in the wings as well. No wonder the brothers didn't want to talk about the war...but I'm glad we've heard the story now. It needed telling.

We watched the Simon Brett version of The Hound of the Baskervilles last night, and North by Northwest with the amazing Gary Grant and Eva Marie Saint. I just wish James Mason had been given more screen time.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - the third and final part of the Stigg Larsson Millennium trilogy - it was rather long and there was a lot of detail from the book that was missed out (they had to cut it somehow I suppose), but it was imo by far the best of the 3 films. I will get the DVD as aoon as it appears - the 2nd one is out a few weeks after Christmas.

Film watching has been confined to my armchair in front of the telly over the last couple of weeks, but I've been full on into Christmas films. I've watched A Muppet Christmas Carol, The Holiday, The Family Stone (twice), and A Golden Christmas (rubbish). I fully intend to make use of the snow and cold weather as an excuse to continue this theme this weekend, and will be watching at least one of these: Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street (1994 version) and The Bishop's Wife.

Sweeney Todd, Johnny Depp is a great singer! :)

I have yet to see this one, Weave, but I love Johnny and I know I'd love the music :D.

Speaking of Johnny, I saw Alice in Wonderland for the first time the other night. I wish I liked Tim Burton more, but I haven't since Scissorhands and his stop-motion days :(. Parts of Alice were funny, but too much over-the-top for me unfortunately... I also saw He's Just Not That Into You, which is normally not a film I would see, but I could appreciate certain situations, LOL.