Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am half way through 'Passing Strange' by Daniel Waters :) The amount of zombie books I have read, I really think I can cope with zombies :lol:

Edited by Weave

You are a zombie pro, Weave! I'm sure Simon Pegg would love you, ;)

I'm over halfway through In the Shadow of Gotham and wish I could've stayed home today and finished it! I'm really enjoying it :D

I got my package in the mail this afternoon, containing:

Jeff Lindsay: Dearly Devoted Dexter

I now have all the Dexter books except the one that was released just recently. But I haven't read any of them yet. lurker.gif

AA Milne: The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh

I read Winnie-the-Pooh recently and totally fell in love with it, so I treated myself to a beautiful hardcover edition of both stories.

I am not sure what the French Title is, its the one where they go to Canada, I think I have read all the translated ones and love them.

Catwoman I really recommend this series, the characters are all quirky and well written.

I read a bit more of Selling Out which is not a very good book, I think I might have had to read the first in the series but it didn't make it clear on the back that it was a continuation, its overly complicated, but I will persevere

I think I am going to go and I either buy it or get it from the library thanks guys!

I finished Copycat by Erica Spindler and enjoyed it so much I went straight on to the next one, Breakneck :D

Glad that it is good. I have so many of hers but I don't have Copycat and thats the first one right? I have to find that somewhere.

I am half way through 'Passing Strange' by Daniel Waters :) The amount of zombie books I have read, I really think I can cope with zombies :lol:

Is it good?

Have you read this book? Dead City - Joe Mckinny.

"Battered by five cataclysmic hurricanes in three weeks, the Texas Gulf Coast and half of the Lone Star State is reeling from the worst devastation in history. Thousands are dead or dying - but the worst is only beginning. Amid the wreckage, something unimaginable is happening: a deadly virus has broken out, returning the dead to life - with an insatiable hunger for human flesh...Within hours, the plague has spread all over Texas. San Antonio police officer Eddie Hudson finds his city overrun by a voracious army of the living dead. Along with a small group of survivors, Eddie must fight off the savage horde in a race to save his family...There's no place to run. No place to hide. The Zombie horde is growing as the virus runs rampant. Eddie knows he has to find a way to destroy these walking horrors...but he doesn't know the price he will have to pay."

My OH bought this for me as a present, to remember him by (long story!) but it seems right down my street. I haven't read it yet but I have it on my TBR pile. YOu might like it.

I got my package in the mail this afternoon, containing:

Jeff Lindsay: Dearly Devoted Dexter

I now have all the Dexter books except the one that was released just recently. But I haven't read any of them yet. lurker.gif

Nice! When do you think you'll be starting the first Dexter novel? :smile2:

I finished Molly Moon and the Incredible Book of Hypnotism and started reading Molly Moon Stops the World. I also went to a charity shop and bought the following:

David Lodge: The Art of Fiction

Anita Diamant: The Red Tent (a Rory Gilmore book)

Mary Alice Monroe: The Book Club

Recieved 'The Baker Street Phantom' by Fabrice Bourland in the post today. It has a stunning cover! It's made to look like an old 1930's pocket suspense novel, and the edges are printed with creases and fading to make it look old! Really stunning little book.

Other than that, my reading has been terrible, so I'm relying on the necessity of finishing review books to get me back into reading my own books again.

Recieved 'The Baker Street Phantom' by Fabrice Bourland in the post today. It has a stunning cover! It's made to look like an old 1930's pocket suspense novel, and the edges are printed with creases and fading to make it look old! Really stunning little book.

Other than that, my reading has been terrible, so I'm relying on the necessity of finishing review books to get me back into reading my own books again.

Yes, I noticed that one today - it's certainly got an eye-catching cover. I'm toying with the idea of adding it to my collection of I'll-get-round-to-reading-these-one-days, so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts when you've read it.

I finished Fear The Worst this afternoon and I rather enjoyed it :) The first two books of the Hunger Games trilogy came today too and I'm so tempted to start them, but I'm going to try and wait 2 weeks until the final one is released so I can read them all together :) So instead I'm reading Eve Edwards - The Other Countess.

Edited by lexiepiper

I went to a local park this afternoon and spent an enjoyable half an hour reading Soul Music. I also read a little more of The Two Towers.

I finished Fear The Worst this afternoon and I rather enjoyed it :) The first two books of the Hunger Games trilogy came today too and I'm so tempted to start them, but I'm going to try and wait 2 weeks until the final one is released so I can read them all together :) So instead I'm reading Eve Edwards - The Other Countess.

I hope you enjoy The Hunger Games hen :)

Edited by Weave

I read a bit more of my overly complicated book Selling Out...I think..see even the name of the book hasn't stuck but I want to persevere to the end. I am going to start Londons Dead - a guided tour of the Capitals dead which looks like a fascinating tour of the cemeteries of London (morbid but fascinating):D

Posted 5 books off to a fellow bookcrosser today

Mum's @ Home

Storm Front

The Fourth Bear

Any Way You Want Me

20 year of Inspector Rebus (short story freebie with Scotsman paper)

Finished reading The girl now leaving by Betty Burton and started reading Haunted by James Herbert, from the library. Also picked up The lost memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James as I couldnt resist :giggle: good old library.

Edited by bunnybooks

I started The Dog Who Came In From The Cold by Alexander McCall Smith - the second Corduroy Mansions books. A nice easy read, while I keep going with the occasional short story from The Secret Lives of People In Love by Simon Van Booy mixed in.

Lucky you!! I hope you enjoy it, It does take over 200 pages for it to really start getting amazing, but once you get past that point you won't turn back. Happy reading!!!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I get around to reading it. =)

I’m still reading The Prince of Tides. So far it’s just ok.

Nice! When do you think you'll be starting the first Dexter novel? :smile2:

Hard to say. I have so many books to read and I definitely want to get started on the Dexter series, but I'm in the middle of so many other series that I feel like I should finish a few of those first. :)

If somebody finds my reading mojo, could they please let me have it back?

(It's small and blue and answers to the name Fang ;)).

:huh: Uh oh. That was your mojo? It was staring at my nose with such a evil glint in its eye that I got frightened and I...well...never mind. I'll see what I can do. :out:

I read a bit more of my overly complicated book Selling Out...I think..see even the name of the book hasn't stuck but I want to persevere to the end. I am going to start Londons Dead - a guided tour of the Capitals dead which looks like a fascinating tour of the cemeteries of London (morbid but fascinating):D

That sounds fascinating! That would be something I would like to read.