World Cup 2010

Michelle

Woh!! Thanks Inver. 1 all draw. I didn't think anyone would be too interested in our game. Didn't he do well?? NZ is rocking today:yahoo:

Italy is ranked 5th in the world, NZ 78th

Yep, great result for the All Whites! Goal was a mile offside, mind, but it's not offside if the ref doesn't give it! Have a glass of finest NZ chardonnay for me, my Antipodean friend ;).

I always support the underdogs...like to see the favourites get shaken around a bit...

Careful there, Diane - that means you'll be supporting England if things carry on the way they are ....

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Ivory Coast player in question should feel disgraced. It was an appalling decision, and hopefully FIFA allow Kaka to continue playing immediately.

This is another reason why I don't like soccer/football. There are endless shockingly unfair decisions that have a huge impact on outcomes. Why don't they have a video ref or something? I've really not been paying much attention (at least, I'm trying not to) but every day all I see and hear about are the latest unfair red/yellow cards and players faking injuries etc.

This is another reason why I don't like soccer/football. There are endless shockingly unfair decisions that have a huge impact on outcomes. Why don't they have a video ref or something? I've really not been paying much attention (at least, I'm trying not to) but every day all I see and hear about are the latest unfair red/yellow cards and players faking injuries etc.

Most clubs, countries, players and fans all over the world have been calling for video refs to be used for years.

FIFA wont allow it, they say they want the sport to be the same at every level because you wont get video refs being used in the lower leagues or semi professional/amateur game it will create a divide. Which I think is right to be honest. The game has lasted hundreds of years without it, referees making the odd bad decision is part of the game. See: 'The referee's a :censored:' ;)

I was SHOCKED at Keita's appalling lack of sportsmanship that resulted in Kaka unfairly being sent off. Ivory Coast should be ashamed of their team and Keita should be penalised for it and a public apology made to Kaka and the Brazilian team. The damage, however, is done - there's no way Kaka will be allowed to play next game. If this isn't an argument for the use of cameras in football, I don't know what is! It takes just a few seconds to get the footage checked (I would also dearly love goal line technology brought in for the same reason). The Ref should have spoken to his Linesmen - that's what they're for! Poor call from the Ref - but not even the first one he made in that match. The handball goal that he allowed, accepting the story that the ball went in off the chest was ridiculous. That Ref should be disallowed from reffing any other games in the World Cup - he's as much as disgrace as Keita!

Must say, this game was fairly average at half-time, and suddenly three goals in seven minutes from Portugal have turned the match into a rampage - the score stands at 4-0 to Portugal, as I type. Portugal truly are dominating this match now, everyone is getting in on the act.

Edit: Well what a superb, emphatic performance from Portugal today. Thoroughly deserved all seven of those goals, and it's good that Ronaldo managed to get onto the score-sheet, I'm sure the goals will flood from him now. A team in good form, and a team to watch.

Edited by Ben

Spain played very well tonight, although I think David Villa will rue that missed penalty, because it was the only blip in a faultless performance. He's going to get better and better as the tournament progresses, in my opinion.