What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Danny Boyle, I'd say. Could've done without the NHS bit, but the cauldron was worth waiting for. Irritating that everything had to be announced in French before English - I thought this was the London games :rolleyes:

Irritating that everything had to be announced in French before English - I thought this was the London games :rolleyes:

Without going all Daily Mail, I must admit I thought the same. It should be host nation language first then the "language of the Oylmpics" second.

• 1 month later...

Just this weekend I caught up on Sky's two newest short comedy series - A Touch Of Cloth and Moone Boy. The former, starring John Hannah, is a spoof cop drama penned by satire's own Charlie Brooker, and Moone Boy is a sort of recollection of Chris O'Dowd's childhood in rural Ireland in the eighties, but exaggerated and absolutely hilarious, and is also penned by and starring O'Dowd (as the young boy's imaginary friend).

Both shows are BRILLIANT. The only downside to them is A Touch of Cloth is only two eps long per series (though it has been renewed for a further two), and Moone Boy is only 6 eps long (but it too has been commissioned for a second series of 30 whole episodes!)

Both shows are absolutely hilarious. The Irish humour in Moone Boy, and the impeccably sharp wit of Brooker's writing in A Touch Of Cloth turning every cop cliché on its head - just brilliant. Highly recommended that people check them out!

Watched the X Factor last night. It took place in Greensboro, North Carolina where I currently live. Simon Cowell was at his best. There were 3 contestnats that were pretty darn good. There were also a number, as usual, of bummers. All-in-all, a good show.

Just this weekend I caught up on Sky's two newest short comedy series - A Touch Of Cloth and Moone Boy. The former, starring John Hannah, is a spoof cop drama penned by satire's own Charlie Brooker, and Moone Boy is a sort of recollection of Chris O'Dowd's childhood in rural Ireland in the eighties, but exaggerated and absolutely hilarious, and is also penned by and starring O'Dowd (as the young boy's imaginary friend).

Both shows are BRILLIANT. The only downside to them is A Touch of Cloth is only two eps long per series (though it has been renewed for a further two), and Moone Boy is only 6 eps long (but it too has been commissioned for a second series of 30 whole episodes!)

Both shows are absolutely hilarious. The Irish humour in Moone Boy, and the impeccably sharp wit of Brooker's writing in A Touch Of Cloth turning every cop cliché on its head - just brilliant. Highly recommended that people check them out!

Not seen Moone Boy but A Touch of Cloth was absolutely brilliant! It got every joke perfect and mocked the genre with every cliche possible. So many unexpected and outrageous gags. Can't wait for more.

• 2 weeks later...

The Vampire Diaries. I'm re-watching season 2. And Grey's Anatomy. I hate it though. But it's hard to stop watching it once you get a grip of all the drama. Oh , and also Two and a Half men season 9. I don't like it much, but they show it on TV when I have nothing better to do, so... :mellow:

Skyfall, Once it decided what it wasn't, It was fine. It could have worked as a thriller, If the stunts had been left out. You'll have to decide for yourselves .See it on a deal day.

Edited by dex

Imagine - Ian Rankin

Had to laugh when he got the automated PPI call: "F*** off! F*** off!!! I get hundreds of these calls!" laugh.gif

I was saying "Ian, just wait till the end of the message and press '9' for gawd's sake" :lol: