What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched an excellent episode of Supernatural and a brilliant episode of Dexter. I love Monday nights!

And congrats Katrina. I believe your team won the Superbowl? :D

Edited by Kylie

We finished the 5th and final season of The Wire last night. Whoa!

The ending was a little too clean for my taste. Some should have gotten much harsher handling as far as I am concerned, but I suppose it was true to life. One death in particular really upset me, and

honestly, I wanted McNaulty to Go To Jail! The fact that in the end he brought that homeless man "home" was not sufficient IMO. I almost died laughing when the FBI profiler nailed the description of......McNaulty! Hah! I think that brought a lot home to the character, and started his process of downfall.

All in all it was a well written show, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The last season was probably my least favorite.

I think that's a pretty common reaction. I enjoyed the final season but - after the perfection of season 4 - it had a really hard act to follow. I found the end interesting ...

I thought it was great that Kima was the one who turned them in. It certainly did a good job of tying up loose ends, but it seemed almost mechanical in that regard - you could almost see them holding a checklist and ticking things off as they went. I also didn't like the fact that McNulty lost his job but that the implication was that he got his life back together with Russell. I know some people thought losing his job was enough punishment for him, because he lived for it, but I'm not so sure.

I was very happy for Bubs, but very sad and disappointed for Duquan. There was a lot of symmetry going on at the end: Dukie is the new Bubbs, Michael the new Omar, Sidnor the new McNulty and Marlo tries to be the new Stringer – the names change but everything else stays the same.

Must confess to a cheer when Slim shot Cheese - does that make me a bad person? :lol:

If the death you mentioned was Omar, then yes, I'm right there with you. He and The Bunk were probably my favourite characters. That was a real shock and very upsetting.

In short, my favourite tv series - along with The Shield :D

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I've just watched the first two episodes of "Outcasts" (Beeb 1, 9 - 10 p.m. Mon and Tues nights) Usually I find it a good idea to record the first two episodes of a new series and watch them through - but this time I got bored fast, and only watched to the end to try to give it a fair chance!

It's a bit disappointing, as usually I'm fond of sci-fi, and (with due respect to the American si-fi's) a British series is a pleasant change.

Maybe I'm judging too fast ... what do other viewers think?

I've just watched the first two episodes of "Outcasts" (Beeb 1, 9 - 10 p.m. Mon and Tues nights) Usually I find it a good idea to record the first two episodes of a new series and watch them through - but this time I got bored fast, and only watched to the end to try to give it a fair chance!

It's a bit disappointing, as usually I'm fond of sci-fi, and (with due respect to the American si-fi's) a British series is a pleasant change.

Maybe I'm judging too fast ... what do other viewers think?

I'm still undecided on this one. On some levels it is a fairly decent - if slightly slow and dull - stab at a big sci-fi story, but on the other hand several of the characters are unconvincing (the best one got shot at the end of the first episode), it’s slow and dull, and it seems to be recycling ideas from the recent incarnation of Battlestar Galactica.

I have a bit of an axe to grind with what I would term "high concept" science fiction stories that we make in the UK like this because they very rarely deliver.

If you look back over recent years we've had the likes of last year's The Deep, the appalling remake of The Day of the Triffids, the nonsensical Invasion Earth, the dreary and dull The Last Train and to a lesser extent the illogical Survivors.

A load of bobbins, the lot!

That explains it then - in the end I got bored with Galactica as well :lol:

I liked the original Battlestar Galactica, only saw a few pieces of the new one and opted out. Bleech.

We've watched House of Cards, and To Play the King, on hand for either tonight or tomorrow night is The Final Cut...last of the trilogy.

Love it. Love it. Love it!!

I'd only seen the first part when it played on TV here.

Did I mention I love it? :e010:

I liked the original Battlestar Galactica, only saw a few pieces of the new one and opted out. Bleech.

I thought the first two and a half seasons of the new version were great, then it proceeded to disappear up its own bottom :rolleyes:

Didn't watch much last night apart from Film 2011. I had made up my mind to hate the new version of True Grit without even bothering to see it (I'm a bit of a fan of the '69 version) but now I quite want to see it :blush::lol:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Didn't watch much last night apart from Film 2011. I had made up my mind to hate the new version of True Grit without even bothering to see it (I'm a bit of a fan of the '69 version) but now I quite want to see it :blush::lol:

You'll be doing yourself a great disservice if you miss the new True Grit, Karsa! It was superb :D. The Coen bros version is much truer to the novel of True Grit so you should really try and see it. The cinematography was spectacular, not to mention the cast and the score.

I'm watching the morning news, listening to the weather guy tell me it's -12 below zero right now. I'm trying very hard not to throw things at the TV!

Walking down memory lane and watching some episodes from Bones season 2 :D.

Talk about Bones: You must know the TV series Freaks and Geeks? Did you know that the guy who plays Sam (the geeky little brother of Lindsay) is also on Bones? He's grown up and quite nicely too ;)

I've been watching Freaks and Geeks today, along with the latest episode of Australia's Biggest Loser.