What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the huggage, Paula :friends0: I need them. Me bereft.

FAO Karsa, I'm prepared to have mixed feelings about S06 by the way - the friend who recommended Supernatural to me in the first place told me it should have ended 5 seconds before the end of Season 5, and not having seen how 6 pans out yet I reluctantly tend towards agreement. I thought that when

you see the flashback of Sam & Dean looking up at the stars and Chuck writes that beautiful line about them never being homeless

would have made a great ending;

Sam/Lucifer appearing in Dean/Lisa's garden felt a lot like a tacked on, desperate hook.

I hope I'm wrong though :) it's not like I want it to be over.

Supernatural s06e06 and just that one while I'm having dinner 'cos my essay beckons *grump*.

FAO Karsa - so far, I'm not sure about Season 6. It's definitely had its moments and Dean has surpassed himself in adorableness (who would have even thought it possible?), but so far I want to punch Sam in the nose. This normal?

Yeah, I think that's pretty normal :lol:

I completely agree with you and your friend that it should have ended at season 5, and with what you say regarding the ending. I think I'm right in saying that it was always planned as a five season show, so ending it at the point you mention would have been perfect. The ending they used, and everything since, feels tacked on and a pale shadow of its former self, imo. I hope it picks up again, though, I really do.

We're into the 5th and last season of The Wire. It only gets better.

I do wish I had a nickle for every profanity though, I'd be a rich woman. :D I'm considering counting. But I'd need a paper and pencil and only make hash marks. Couldn't concentrate on counting.....but it's so real, it doesn't truly bother me.

I'm watching extended coverage of the cyclone that's about to hit Queensland any minute. All those poor folks up there having to hide in their bathrooms until it passes (makes me wish we had underground bunkers like our American friends have). Everyone looks pretty scared and they're all expecting that they won't have a home to go back to tomorrow. :( They've prepared as much as they possibly can though, so hopefully that will limit the damage a little.

I'm watching extended coverage of the cyclone that's about to hit Queensland any minute. All those poor folks up there having to hide in their bathrooms until it passes (makes me wish we had underground bunkers like our American friends have). Everyone looks pretty scared and they're all expecting that they won't have a home to go back to tomorrow. :( They've prepared as much as they possibly can though, so hopefully that will limit the damage a little.

:friends0: :friends0: At least no one got hurt, that's the main thing. But it must be devastating anyways. :friends0:

Edit: oh yep, my own activity: I'm watching Biggest Loser, Australia! I'm not liking the new trainer, she seems a bit patronizing. :rolleyes:

Edited by frankie

I'm watching The Biggest Loser. Now I can compare with Frankie...I'm watching the one where Sharlene has a massive hissy fit. I understand what you mean about the new trainer.

I'm watching The Biggest Loser. Now I can compare with Frankie...I'm watching the one where Sharlene has a massive hissy fit. I understand what you mean about the new trainer.

The one where they did the weigh in? I was so annoyed at Sarah Jane or whatever her name was, she cried before, during and after the scales, and when she saw the other contestants, her first thought was that they had loads of make up on, "this isn't a beauty contest!!". Well sorry if other people like to make an effort... :rolleyes: You should've seen the first episode, the new trainer was more annoying in that one. The trainer's had to live with the families for a week and eat what they ate. Tiffini was crying to the camera at the end of the day, saying she'd always treated her body as a temple and now she'd treated it like a night club. "*sob sob* I'm sorry!!! *sob*" It's only for a week, and nobody's ever going to make you do it again, and you're not going to lose your body or fitness during one week, get over yourself. :irked:

I'm waiting for a new episode to arrive, at least I think there was an episode last night.

I have only seen the trailer for the USA version of 'The Biggest Loser', I don't encourage violence but if I was on that show, it would be so on between me and the trainer, I know she is trying to help the contestants and all but she seems really mean! :irked:

The one where they did the weigh in? I was so annoyed at Sarah Jane or whatever her name was, she cried before, during and after the scales, and when she saw the other contestants, her first thought was that they had loads of make up on, "this isn't a beauty contest!!". Well sorry if other people like to make an effort... :rolleyes: You should've seen the first episode, the new trainer was more annoying in that one. The trainer's had to live with the families for a week and eat what they ate. Tiffini was crying to the camera at the end of the day, saying she'd always treated her body as a temple and now she'd treated it like a night club. "*sob sob* I'm sorry!!! *sob*" It's only for a week, and nobody's ever going to make you do it again, and you're not going to lose your body or fitness during one week, get over yourself. :irked:

I'm waiting for a new episode to arrive, at least I think there was an episode last night.

OK then. I think we must be at least one episode ahead of you. You'll know what I mean when you see it. It's a woman from Shannon's team who has the break down. There are also trains in the episode. Let me know when you see it!

I'm watching the first episode of the new Hawaii Five-O. It's OK.

OK then. I think we must be at least one episode ahead of you. You'll know what I mean when you see it. It's a woman from Shannon's team who has the break down. There are also trains in the episode. Let me know when you see it!

I'm watching the first episode of the new Hawaii Five-O. It's OK.

Aa. Well Sharlene threw a minor fit during the episode I was talking about as well, so I didn't know if you were talking about that one :giggle: And you'll be always one episode ahead of me, because of the time zone and the fact that the episodes do not come out at the same time on different... media... :wink:

Coinkydinky, the Hawaii Five-O started here as well, I think two days ago.

I really should go and try going through one of the films I rented from the library recently ( have to be returned in 4 days ), but I'm just too tired.. I'm watching Starship Troopers instead. Not much thinking required. :cool:

We finished the 5th and final season of The Wire last night. Whoa!

The ending was a little too clean for my taste. Some should have gotten much harsher handling as far as I am concerned, but I suppose it was true to life. One death in particular really upset me, and

honestly, I wanted McNaulty to Go To Jail! The fact that in the end he brought that homeless man "home" was not sufficient IMO. I almost died laughing when the FBI profiler nailed the description of......McNaulty! Hah! I think that brought a lot home to the character, and started his process of downfall.

All in all it was a well written show, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The last season was probably my least favorite.

Edited by pontalba

No Superbowl-watching for me tonight! Although I do hope the Steelers kick those Packers out of the park ;).

I'm watching Bones season 5, the episode The Goop on the Girl. One of my faves!