What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexter, Season 5, episode 7. *tears hair out* this is getting more intense every episode, on one hand I can barely bare to watch, on the other hand it's so good I wouldn't miss it for the world. I keep being blown away by how good the writing and acting is, this show is really something else.

Interestingly I acquired the first season of Dexter earlier this month and have been meaning to make a start on it ever since; your glowing recommendation seems to prompt me further.

After an insomniac's marathon, I am officially up to date with Dexter. Random thoughts: how beautiful, how sad, poor Dexter, can I have a Joey Quinn of my very own?

Argh! They're only airing season 4 over here. Specifically, I watched episode 7 last night. Still, I guess it's good to know that I have loads of great Dexter ahead of me. :D

Interestingly I acquired the first season of Dexter earlier this month and have been meaning to make a start on it ever since; your glowing recommendation seems to prompt me further.
'I know not "seems" ' (quot.) :lol:!

Seriously though, there's no two ways about it, it is an absolutely stunning series in every possible respect and you should start watching it yesterday. It takes a solid concept and makes it iron-proof with terrific scriptwriting, a real feel for setting and insanely good acting. It's beaten only by Supernatural (you're taking notes, I hope) in terms of being a show that transcends the whole Monster of the Week format to become a much grander parable about (in)humanity peopled with characters you laugh, cry, clap in glee and rip your hair out for. I'm happy when they're happy, sad when they're sad. No greater compliment exists, really.

Argh! They're only airing season 4 over here. Specifically, I watched episode 7 last night. Still, I guess it's good to know that I have loads of great Dexter ahead of me.

How darling of you, you're actually assuming I'm watching these on the telly :D /conspiratorial whisper.

Seriously though, there's no two ways about it, it is an absolutely stunning series in every possible respect and you should start watching it yesterday. It takes a solid concept and makes it iron-proof with terrific scriptwriting, a real feel for setting and insanely good acting. It's beaten only by Supernatural (you're taking notes, I hope) in terms of being a show that transcends the whole Monster of the Week format to become a much grander parable about (in)humanity peopled with characters you laugh, cry, clap in glee and rip your hair out for. I'm happy when they're happy, sad when they're sad. No greater compliment exists, really.

Right you've sold it, I'm starting as soon as possible. :lol: Will note down Supernatural also, seen as though I have complete confident in your taste of books, film, etc.

In other news I'm currently watching How I Met Your Mother Season 6 Episode 18, entitled A Change of Heart; the latest episode to air. I absolutely love this show, gets better and better.

How darling of you, you're actually assuming I'm watching these on the telly :D /conspiratorial whisper.

Actually, I thought you must have been watching DVDs. ;) My download limit is way too small to be able to keep up-to-date with various TV shows. :(

I have discovered the British original version of Being Human! I LOVE it :D. I enjoy the paranormal stuff (obviously) but this show is way more than that. George is hilarious, Mitchell is one hot vampire, and I love Annie too. I'm watching the first disc of the first season which has 4 episodes. I'll have to wait for Netflix to send me the next disc, but I'm looking forward to seeing more! How many seasons have aired and are they still making new eps?

They just started an American version of the show over here but it's on cable so I haven't seen it.

I have discovered the British original version of Being Human! I LOVE it :D. I enjoy the paranormal stuff (obviously) but this show is way more than that. George is hilarious, Mitchell is one hot vampire, and I love Annie too. I'm watching the first disc of the first season which has 4 episodes. I'll have to wait for Netflix to send me the next disc, but I'm looking forward to seeing more! How many seasons have aired and are they still making new eps?

They just started an American version of the show over here but it's on cable so I haven't seen it.

We are currently in the middle of the third season over here :)

We are currently in the middle of the third season over here :)

Cool, Weave! Do you watch the show can I ask?

I've finished watching those eps, so now I'm watching some random episode of 'Psychic Kids' :D.