The 'Eclipse' Film Thread

Weave

I would be happy to put your mind at ease about the 'supposed' love triangle, Fi! :D Hopefully we'll discover that the trailers have made it look a lot more triangle-y than in the film.

Woo for getting your movie companion! I forgot it comes out today/tomorrow. Must head over to Borders this weekend to pick it up!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could do what you did last time and put our minds at ease with whole Jacob thing though, that would be great - a lot of people are saying that the whole "triangle" is really prominent in Eclipse and ignores the whole Jake manipuation thing, makes it appear that Bella wants to be with Jacob but doesn't know how to let Edward go :D If that is the case I am dreading BD, they'll probably have Jacob stopping the wedding and then Edward kidnapping Bella and smuggling her out of the country to get her pregnant.....

What???????? I really hope that does not happen, one of the main factors of 'Eclipse' (well for me) was the fact that Bella finally saw how manipulative Jacob was!, it was bad enough in 'New Moon' with the whole 'let's feel sorry for Jacob' scenario, Bella always made it very clear about who she wanted and Jacob played on how upset she was!, Jacob Black grinds my gears! :) and also Melissa Rosenberg! :)

I'm with you Fi, if it does happen, goodness knows what BD will be like.

You can definitely watch the films without reading the books! Whether you'll enjoy them though will be down to personal taste, friends who have seen the films but not read the books think the films are okay but nothing special. Of course, what you have to remember is that with Eclipse this will be the furthest they've strayed from the book storyline and made into a more action-like film with a "definite" love triangle - unlike the book :D So my answer is watch the films if you're not expecting anything amazing and have no inention of reading the books but if you're going to read the books, do so before you watch the films :) Hope that helps!

I concur :)

I've been really good this time round but my pal Darcy has watched everything and read everything going. Apparently, in Eclipse (the film) they really do make it seem like Bella seriously considers breaking up with Edward and going to Jacob instead!!! We all know she doesn't do that, Eclipse is my favourite book as she finally sees her best friend for what he is - manipulative, moody and desperate! Jacob Black grinds my gears too, and seriously, if that's what Ms Rosenberg has done for the script for Eclipse I can't even think about the train wreck BD (parts 1 and 2!!!) are going to be, especially with the additional pressure that we get Bill :D Condon as the director!!!

I've been really good this time round but my pal Darcy has watched everything and read everything going. Apparently, in Eclipse (the film) they really do make it seem like Bella seriously considers breaking up with Edward and going to Jacob instead!!! We all know she doesn't do that, Eclipse is my favourite book as she finally sees her best friend for what he is - manipulative, moody and desperate! Jacob Black grinds my gears too, and seriously, if that's what Ms Rosenberg has done for the script for Eclipse I can't even think about the train wreck BD (parts 1 and 2!!!) are going to be, especially with the additional pressure that we get Bill :D Condon as the director!!!

Blimey :) 'Eclipse' is my favourite of the series too and I am really looking forward to the movie, a scene I saw already, kind of bugged me ~

The school car park scene where Jacob tells Bella that Victoria is after her, and then Bella just zooms off with Jacob, which did not happen in the book, and plus Bella would never do that to Edward! (I know, I am a saddo)

I think with the movie they have to focus on the action more because in the book, Bella is not there, and since its from Bella's perspective, she does not see it but in the film, it has to seen, I want to see it and I don't want to be a scary fan but I will be disappointed if the 'love triangle' is played out that way, sorry I am rambling :)

You ramble away hen, I'm glad I'm not the only one! That's the one clip I saw, I could have cried!

There is no way she would have gone with Jacob, leaving Edward heartbroken like that - the look on his face was horrible :D I get that they need to fill out the film and honestly I'm looking forward to all the action - especially seeing Riley in action :) but what I don't like is the fact they seem to be making Edward more & more stalker-y, weird and possessive whilst completely ignoring the fact that Jacob is just as bad, if not worse, because he's manipulative along with it, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't want to be a scary fan either but I think especially since Eclipse started filming, that Summit are really pushing Taylor Lautner as a huge star and therefore he must be more prominent in the films, making the decision between spending equal time with best friend & with boyfriend into some sort of lurid love triangle instead :D

Blimey :lol: 'Eclipse' is my favourite of the series too and I am really looking forward to the movie, a scene I saw already, kind of bugged me ~

I think with the movie they have to focus on the action more because in the book, Bella is not there, and since its from Bella's perspective, she does not see it but in the film, it has to seen, I want to see it and I don't want to be a scary fan but I will be disappointed if the 'love triangle' is played out that way, sorry I am rambling :)

Edited by Fi

You ramble away hen, I'm glad I'm not the only one! That's the one clip I saw, I could have cried!

There is no way she would have gone with Jacob, leaving Edward heartbroken like that - the look on his face was horrible :D I get that they need to fill out the film and honestly I'm looking forward to all the action - especially seeing Riley in action :) but what I don't like is the fact they seem to be making Edward more & more stalker-y, weird and possessive whilst completely ignoring the fact that Jacob is just as bad, if not worse, because he's manipulative along with it, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't want to be a scary fan either but I think especially since Eclipse started filming, that Summit are really pushing Taylor Lautner as a huge star and therefore he must be more prominent in the films, making the decision between spending equal time with best friend & with boyfriend into some sort of lurid love triangle instead :D

You know I am surprised that Stephenie Meyer is allowing it to happen, I understand they have to fill out the film (hence more Bree Tanner) but there must have been other way to do it, as I mentioned (sorry for repeating myself), I really hated the scene I saw and I know a few other people who hated it too because it would never happen.

Oh and definitely Summit are pushing Taylor Lautner forward, they want their next big star and I could be wrong but I feel that TL is more, how can I put it?, more easily manageable :)

You know I am surprised that Stephenie Meyer is allowing it to happen, I understand they have to fill out the film (hence more Bree Tanner) but there must have been other way to do it, as I mentioned (sorry for repeating myself), I really hated the scene I saw and I know a few other people who hated it too because it would never happen.

Exactly, which is why I think it's all down to the fact that they're trying to push Taylor Lautner forward as a major actor and therefore Melissa Rosenberg wrote Jacob's part in the film to reflect that :D

Oh and definitely Summit are pushing Taylor Lautner forward, they want their next big star and I could be wrong but I feel that TL is more, how can I put it?, more easily manageable :D

I read an article about this somewhere, I may have it bookmarked but as I have literally thousands of Twilight articles bookmarked it may take me a while to find! It was along the lines of RP wanting to be an actor but TL just wants to be a star, summed it up perfectly :)

I read an article about this somewhere, I may have it bookmarked but as I have literally thousands of Twilight articles bookmarked it may take me a while to find! It was along the lines of RP wanting to be an actor but TL just wants to be a star, summed it up perfectly :D

I think I read that Fi (thanks for reminding me), I know TL's next movie is a bit of a shoot em up, at least he's honest but its not fair on people who actually want to be actors/actresses. RP is happier in roles that have some substance (yes even as Edward) and TL is just a wee karate dude wanting to be a big screen karate dude :)

I think I read that Fi (thanks for reminding me), I know TL's next movie is a bit of a shoot em up, at least he's honest but its not fair on people who actually want to be actors/actresses. RP is happier in roles that have some substance (yes even as Edward) and TL is just a wee karate dude wanting to be a big screen karate dude :D

Can you imagine TL doing Bel Ami??? He'd get laughed out of production but that's the sort of thing that RP wants to do and is (hopefully) good at :)

Isn't TL doing Stretch Armstrong or something like that?

Can you imagine TL doing Bel Ami??? He'd get laughed out of production but that's the sort of thing that RP wants to do and is (hopefully) good at :)

Isn't TL doing Stretch Armstrong or something like that?

I just spat out my tea but it was totally worth it, I think its a shoot em up, well Stretch Armstrong or shoot em up, he will no doubt be doing flips or something (I am so mean, sorry everyone :D)

I just spat out my tea but it was totally worth it, I think its a shoot em up, well Stretch Armstrong or shoot em up, he will no doubt be totally flips or something (I am so mean, sorry everyone :))

Sorry about the tea :D:) And not mean at all, we just appreciate the finer things in life, don't we Paula?

Sorry about the tea :D:) And not mean at all, we just appreciate the finer things in life, don't we Paula?

No, no, no, its fine Fi, I just kept picturing TL in a top hat :):D and yes, yes we do appreciate the finer things :lol:

TL in a top hat??? Ewwww, not something I want a mental image of :D

Just got an email from my friend in San Diego - she works in LA doing some sort of PR or something, she might get to meet my boy Jackson in a couple of weeks:motz:I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous..... Oh who am I kidding!!! :D:) :)

I bought my friend and I a wee gift for Friday night ~

1.jpg

^I know, its so naff :D

And I also bought these, well, because they were there and I was there...you get the picture :)

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

:) you're jealous :D, hopefully she can get you an autograph hen :)

I did think about hatching an elaborate plot to "borrow" him but think it might be too obvious :D

And hey, less of the naff please! I have that exact same bracelet :):lol:

I did think about hatching an elaborate plot to "borrow" him but think it might be too obvious :)

And hey, less of the naff please! I have that exact same bracelet :D:)

Good times!!! and thank you, of course its not naff :D

Good times!!! and thank you, of course its not naff :)

Definitely not naff, Darcy & I have t-shirts saying "I *heart* vampire boys" that we're trying to build up the courage to wear on Saturday :) Think I might stick with the bracelets and the charm on my bag :D

Good times!! you should wear it if you want to, or under something, if that makes you feel better hen. :)

:D:blush: I have a Team Edward t~shirt:blush: which I don't have the courage to wear, and also my sister will complain! :) (that's if she comes of course:roll:)

I think I shall probably wear mine under a cardi unless it's still hot, not brave enough to wear it without anything as it's rather figure hugging :)

And to get us back on-topic, I'm going to switch off the pooter and go & start my Eclipse re-read so I'm all set for Saturday :D See you later hen :D

PS. Your sister can't complain, she's Team Jacob - how embarrassing (for her :) ) is that???

I think I shall probably wear mine under a cardi unless it's still hot, not brave enough to wear it without anything as it's rather figure hugging :)

And to get us back on-topic, I'm going to switch off the pooter and go & start my Eclipse re-read so I'm all set for Saturday :lol: See you later hen :D

PS. Your sister can't complain, she's Team Jacob - how embarrassing (for her :D ) is that???

Very, take care of you :)

OK Twi-Peeps, a question for you all...

I have not read the books, and wondered if I could watch and enjoy all the Twi films without having read them? What do you think?

The trailers for them have been rather enticing, and I wouldn't mind giving them a go.

Thanks. :D

I always refer to my fountain of all filmic knowledge in situations like this ... Dr Mark Kermode! He has never read the books, and he likes the films, so that's recommendation enough for me that you'll be fine to watch them without opening the book.