The 'Eclipse' Film Thread

Weave

:( I think I'd do the same thing. Looking for a phantom sleeve! Is Kellan doing a movie right now with dark hair? I'm only used to seeing him like that in the Twi movies...

I am not sure peacefield, I think he is in the new 'Nightmare on Elm Street' film :D

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Facinelli is just to die for...that guy is gorgeous :( I must admit, I hated RP's suit, more so now that you've pointed out it matched Stephenie Meyer's. I don't think the red works.

Do you think RP and SM were like 'oh no, we clash' when they saw each other :D

I stand by my 'workin that suit', because he was working that suit :lol:

I stand by my 'workin that suit', because he was working that suit :lol:

There are some things that even our most beloved star can't make look good, that suit is definitely one :D It looked like it was a gorgeous suit especially as it was Gucci but completely the wrong colour! RP has the wrong skin tone to wear that maroon/burgundy colour, he might have got away with it just wearing the trousers with the colour away from his face but ultimately, no. Mr P, you got it wrong for once :(

As for SMeyer, I'm sure she'll be regretting that dress for a very long time :D

As for SMeyer, I'm sure she'll be regretting that dress for a very long time :(

Oh I think so :D we have all had moments like that, and speaking for myself, they stay with you for awhile :lol:

And ps ~ Workin the suit :D

I still have nightmares about the dress I wore to my older sister's wedding when I was 14 :lol:

:( Not workin' the suit :D

Oooh, Muse is the headline act at Glastonbury tonight and will be on BBC3 :D :D :D

Its my cousin's wedding for me :( I still shudder at the photos :D Oh I wll v~plus Muse tonight, thanks for the heads up Fi :lol:

Apparently Summit is sparing no expense for promotion this week as there will be a partial lunar Eclipse tonight over the Pacific Northwest. :( Talk about perfect cosmic timing!

Now that is what I call promotion :D thanks CaliLily :lol:

Now that is what I call promotion :( thanks CaliLily :lol:

I thought you would get a kick out of that, Paula. :D Hopefully it'll be a nice clear night out there for everyone to take advantage. I'm sure I already know the answer, but are you going on opening night?

I thought you would get a kick out of that, Paula. :( Hopefully it'll be a nice clear night out there for everyone to take advantage. I'm sure I already know the answer, but are you going on opening night?

You probably do know the answer :D I am going to the midnight advance screening on the 3rd July ~ next Friday!!!!! :lol:

Apparently Summit is sparing no expense for promotion this week as there will be a partial lunar Eclipse tonight over the Pacific Northwest. :D Talk about perfect cosmic timing!

They certainly are taking advantage, they're having special screenings of Twilight & New Moon with rumors that certain Cullens/Wolf Pack members may appear! And no, that's not RP, KStew or Taylor - unsurprisingly :(

Muse are taking to the stage around about 10pm apparently! Scissor Sisters are on a couple of hours before them, info from an old friend whose grandparents own the farm next to Michael Eavis and get free tickets in return for lending out a couple of fields :lol:

Muse will now be on BBC2 at around 10.30pm, wish they'd make their mind up! It's a headline set though so more than just a couple of songs :D

Edited by Fi

The perfect age for me then! That gorgeous long flowing hair does it for me every time :(

Yeah, I definitely think it's the hair :lol::D

Dead Weather are on Glasto after Muse, it's definitely an Eclipse artists weekend :D

Its 'Eclipse' week fellow fans!!!! and some of us, its 'Eclipse' week next week!!!, let's bask in his royal vamp~ness sparkly...er..sparkles? :D

1.gif1.gif

TeamEdward.jpg

1.gif1.gif

5 days to go, 5 days to go, 5 days to go! Woo hoo :D

I'll be offline/not anywhere near this thread/Facebook/Twitter from probably Wednesday, both to avoid any spoilers from them lucky things over the water and to travel to Yorkshire to stay with my best friend, we're having a party Friday night and watching Twilight & New Moon, along with Harry Potter 4 and Dread then heading to the cinema on Saturday at 1pm :) :) :D

OK Twi-Peeps, a question for you all...

I have not read the books, and wondered if I could watch and enjoy all the Twi films without having read them? What do you think?

The trailers for them have been rather enticing, and I wouldn't mind giving them a go.

Thanks. :D

You can definitely watch the films without reading the books! Whether you'll enjoy them though will be down to personal taste, friends who have seen the films but not read the books think the films are okay but nothing special. Of course, what you have to remember is that with Eclipse this will be the furthest they've strayed from the book storyline and made into a more action-like film with a "definite" love triangle - unlike the book :D So my answer is watch the films if you're not expecting anything amazing and have no inention of reading the books but if you're going to read the books, do so before you watch the films :) Hope that helps!

Personally I would read the books first. I prefer the books to the films as the characters are more fully rounded. I also find Edward more humerous in the books, it will also probably help your understanding of the films too. The books and films though are equally enjoyable but on different levels.

Woo woo happy Eclipse week, gang! :) Thanks for posting the sparkliness pic, Weave.

I'll be at the theatre tomorrow night and will undoubtably be outnumbered by screaming fans half my age! :D I will not be sharing any spoilers afterwards, Fi, so don't worry about me. Other than a brief 'OMG,' I don't want to ruin it for the rest of you guys :D.

Chrissy, you could see the films without having read the books, but obviously you'd only be getting half the story. If you're okay with that, then go for it! We'd love to have another member of the Twi-fold :).

I'll be at the theatre tomorrow night and will undoubtably be outnumbered by screaming fans half my age! :D I will not be sharing any spoilers afterwards, Fi, so don't worry about me. Other than a brief 'OMG,' I don't want to ruin it for the rest of you guys

Oh, I know you won't but you can guarantee that folks on Facebook/Twitter etc. won't be so nice so I'll just stay away from everywhere to avoid temptation :lol: And I'm already getting annoyed with the trade reviews that are coming out! Especially ones that are saying Bella's kiss with Jake is far sexier than anything with Edward and how she was going to choose him, not Edward :motz:I really want to swear now :D And this why I'm self-imposing internet blackout :)

If you could do what you did last time and put our minds at ease with whole Jacob thing though, that would be great - a lot of people are saying that the whole "triangle" is really prominent in Eclipse and ignores the whole Jake manipuation thing, makes it appear that Bella wants to be with Jacob but doesn't know how to let Edward go :) If that is the case I am dreading BD, they'll probably have Jacob stopping the wedding and then Edward kidnapping Bella and smuggling her out of the country to get her pregnant.....