Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

My book activity has been non-existant, and this whole month has been a disaster. My mojo is just GONE. Gah. I've bought some books lately though, like Stephen Gately - The Tree Of Seasons and I want a Scarlett Thomas book I saw in Dublin - I'd never heard of it nor can I remember the title (black and gold cover) but I looked for it in the Waterstones here in Cork - no book. Annoying.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly on Thursday night and loved it. I started Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow yesterday, not all that impressed with it so far but that may have been down to me not being in a great mood so I will try again from the beginning later on today. Also read some of The Elements of Pantheism last night and have read some more of Perdido Street Station by China Mieville today.

I finished the first section of Your Face Tomorrow Vol 3. It's a long book so I'm going to sneak in The Twin by Gerbrand Bakker, the first Dutch novel I've ever read.

.I started Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow yesterday, not all that impressed with it so far but that may have been down to me not being in a great mood so I will try again from the beginning later on today.

It took me quite a few pages, but I am totally into Miss Smilla again now. :(

I want a Scarlett Thomas book I saw in Dublin - I'd never heard of it nor can I remember the title (black and gold cover) but I looked for it in the Waterstones here in Cork - no book. Annoying.

Was it called 'Out Tragic Universe' only cover that is black and gold/yellow?

9781847670892.jpg

It took me quite a few pages, but I am totally into Miss Smilla again now. :(

Thats good to know Ooshie :D I do think i'll like it once into it..well hope

Edited by chrysalis_stage

My book activity has been non-existant, and this whole month has been a disaster. My mojo is just GONE. Gah. I've bought some books lately though, like Stephen Gately - The Tree Of Seasons and I want a Scarlett Thomas book I saw in Dublin - I'd never heard of it nor can I remember the title (black and gold cover) but I looked for it in the Waterstones here in Cork - no book. Annoying.

n163250.jpg

that the one you're looking for?

I read a few more pages in Burned today and plan on going to the bookstore a bit later to pick up Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. Boarders sent me a 40% off coupon and I fully intend on taking advantage of it :(

plan on going to the bookstore a bit later to pick up Dear John by Nicholas Sparks.

I just ordered that :( looking forward to reading it.

I got The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, and The Makioka Sisters by Junichiro Tanizaki through the post today. Wow, for some reason I never expected TCoMC to be such a thick book!

Once I've finished reading Raven: Blood Eye by Giles Kristian, I might start one of those two. Knowing me though, they'll probably be on my TBR pile for weeks.

Yesterday I went to Chapters and picked up the hardcover of Armageddon in Retrospect by Kurt Vonnegut for $8. I love the discount section. Now im trying to decide on what to read next :(

Update: So I decided to start reading Armageddon in Retrospect. Figured it would be a nice change from all the fiction i've been reading. So far I'm enjoying it. Kurt is very amusing :D

Edited by whitegold

I've read about 200 pages of Lover Mine today, so I'm afraid The End of Mr Y is on hold :(

Well you have to have a bit of fun Vampire action in the middle of a serious book, hope you enjoy, I am now up to date with the whole series but am debating preordering Crave.

I hope you like the Count, Lemon Crisis! It's one of my all time favorite books :D.

I read quite a bit of my Charlaine Harris today, and luckily it's grabbing me, woo! :(

Went to the library today, just to return some books, and purposefully didn't even look in the direction of the shelves.

I'm feeling so daunted by the amount of books, yet to be read, at home that I've made myself a promise that I won't bring any more books into the house, until I get the pile down a bit (famous last but I'm going to try and keep to it for at least a month).

Read about a quarter of 'The Colour Purple' .. it's excellent, but harrowing.

I took all my books back to the library today but also picked up one by Lind Howard, and one by Keri Arthur a new one by Kim Harrison arrived in the post Black Magic Sanction and thenI went into Waterstones nd bought Jasper FForde's Shades of Grey I did have to resist the temptation to buy the New John Conolly The Whisperers but I don't knoe how long I will be able to hold out for.

I bought from Tesco's tonight ~

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey:lol:

I got The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, and The Makioka Sisters by Junichiro Tanizaki through the post today. Wow, for some reason I never expected TCoMC to be such a thick book!

The Count will probably go quicker than you realise because it's such an absorbing book. It's one of my favourites. :lol:

I guess I was in a real reading mood today, because I've already finished Club Dead. Must be a new record for me! Now to post a review and choose something new to start...