Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

I finished Misery and really enjoyed it. Although I think I'm weird because I ended up really liking Annie!

I've made a start on Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow, but I haven't got very far yet because I went to the pub instead!:blush:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't sleep last night so I finished Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot. I'm listening to A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett at the moment. Hoping to finish The Complete Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby later today

I gave up on 'The Family Tree' by Carole Cadwalladr over the weekend because it was such a bore! !

What a shame. It's a good few years since I read it, but I thought it was brilliant. I've always hoped she would write something else, but she hasn't done so far.

About 100 pages into A Song of Ice and Fire. Been PRETTY SLOW with reading this weekend. (Probs due to having my first taste of alchy-hol in about 2 months.) Also read another chapter of Wolf Hall, which I think I have now been reading on and off for about... 6 months. :|

I finished Shades of Grey - Jasper Fforde this morning before work, I really enjoyed the book and look forward to more in the series, although I don't think its as good as the Thursday Next series I would recommend it. I did find it amusing that they referred to the Munsell Colour chart as this is something we have used in work for years.

I read about 110 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows last night, definitely not anywhere near my favourite of the series, which I also felt upon my last read. A HP is never touching bad but it's not near the standard of pre OoTP :blush:

Went to the library after work. Before I joined this forum it took a lot longer to choose my books, I only got as far as the 'L' aisle and my rucksack was full.

I finished The Fourth Bear-Jasper Fforde and started Karin Slaughter- Skin Privilege, but that'll go on the back burner 'til I've got through this new pile.

I chose;

Jasper Fforde-First Among Sequels

Lynda La Plante-Deadly Intent

Lynda La Plante- Cold Heart

Paul Coelho-The Witch of Portobello

Tess Gerritsen-The Mephisto Club

Alastair Campbell-Maya

Now I have a dilemma. Pile of new books to play with or more undercoating the woodwork. Tough choice.:blush:

I finished Fallen by Lauren Kate and Merrick by Anne Rice over the weekend. I'm now about halfway through Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and so far so good :blush:

Over the weekend I finished Robin Hobb's Ship of Magic, which I found extremely disappointing (bit of a pain as I'd already bought the following two books), and read Cormac McCarthy's The Road almost in one sitting - amazing book, the definition of 'unputdownable'.

And I've just bought a couple more:

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds

:blush:

I've been to the library and came away with:

Dessen: Lock and Key

Sparks: True Believer

Hoffman: Incantation

Hornby: About a Boy

Murakami: What I talk About When I About Running

Green: Spellbound

Gaimon: M is For Magic

Cabot: Missing You

I love the library!

Last night I finished my Christopher Pike book and read the first 70 pages of The Lady & The Unicorn.

I'm excited for you, Noll! That's my favorite Chevalier you've got there :blush:.

I got about 50 pages into The World to Come last night and am enjoying it so far.

I read about 30 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows whilst walking to the supermarket :blush:

Got a text from the library to say Wicked had come in for me, but I forgot my purse when going to work so can't pick it up till tomorrow.

Have just under 100 pages of Head Trip left.

I read about 30 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows whilst walking to the supermarket :blush:

I do like people who can read and walk :lol: I saw a guy in Poland doing just the thing, I was impressed. I used to do it alot when I was younger, not so much now.

It is a difficult skill :lol:

I almost always walk into cars, trees, dogs, people, moving cars, curbs, it is like an obstacle course but never turn down the opportunity to read! :blush: