What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

Wish I could lend you my CD's :blush2:

That would be nice...but at least you reminded me of him and now I want to looks for some of his songs. I think I may have a cd or two somehere.....in the cellar....in my big boxes full of CDs I haven't listened to for ages. Times for some summer cleaning...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be nice...but at least you reminded me of him and now I want to looks for some of his songs. I think I may have a cd or two somehere.....in the cellar....in my big boxes full of CDs I haven't listened to for ages. Times for some summer cleaning...

If you find them, let me know which one's you have. I only had an LP of his Greatest Hits until today. I think I'm going to have to get Catch Bull at Four now. I Love O' Caritas

Recommended to me by a friend, who said it is one of his favorites. I'm liking this! :o

:o Only the closing song of the best album ever :o:cool::D

ETA: Why am I sitting here listening to it on YouTube when I own the cd?? :doh::giggle2:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

I got all nostalgic last night. Waaay back in 1980, a while before Romeo & Juliet was released as a single and the band's popularity exploded (and they subsequently went downhill, imo), this was my favourite song. The guitar solo at the end is still one of my favourites, gives me goosebumps every time (including last night) :wub:

IIRC, this was the first time I ever heard/saw Dire Straits, back when they were a proper band, before Knopfler fell out with his brother and drafted in a load of session musicians.

I seem to keep saying this - I was there that night! :D

Wow! Lucky you!

IIRC, this was the first time I ever heard/saw Dire Straits, back when they were a proper band, before Knopfler fell out with his brother and drafted in a load of session musicians.

This was the first song I ever heard of theirs, it would have been about the same time. I was at a party and someone had just bought the record. I thought it was Supertramp, which completely astounds me now :doh: They are still one of my favourite bands ever. The only song they made that I didn't really like was Twisting By the Pool. Knopfler's guitar playing is exceptional.

Supertramp! :lol: I really liked DS up to Making Movies. Love Over Gold is okay, but I can't stand Brothers In Arms (apart from the title track) and I never bothered with On Every Street.

Something a little different ...

Edited by Karsa Orlong