The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

I watched Misery and some episodes of Chrono Crusade :) Going to watch more with foods in a half hour :D

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamland. Arty little drama with John Corbett and Justin Long. I thought it was absolutely excellent, in a exaggerated, romanticized b-movie sort of way. It's definitely one of my favourite films now. It has some great lines, particularly:

"I guess I'm losing it, haha."

"Y'know, there's a fine line between losing it, and 'getting' it."

Love that film, Kylie! I saw it many, many years ago and remember it fondly :smile2:.

I watched Away we Go yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. John Krazinski (sp?) was hilarious, and Maya Rudolph was excellent. I enjoyed the music, and the story was just so touching. Plus getting to see small roles with Catherine O'Hara, Jeff Daniels and Allison Janney was icing on the cake!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - ah, sweet nostalgia..

followed by Re-Animator - sick, but more than enjoyable. Could have done without the overt, extensive usage of the Psycho-theme, though. There's hommage, and then there's outright plagiarism.. :D

^ Lordy, why?! Bill Nighy may have been good, but large parts of the rest of it were just so wrong! (Have you seen the BBC version? Okay, so it has rubbish effects and sets etc, but it is so much better as a story!).

^ Lordy, why?! Bill Nighy may have been good, but large parts of the rest of it were just so wrong! (Have you seen the BBC version? Okay, so it has rubbish effects and sets etc, but it is so much better as a story!).

It would have been a really fun film, had it not been an attempt at THGTTG. Visually is was pretty good, aside from Marvin who frankly looked ridiculous.

I adored the BBC version, because it rested solely on interpreting the books so was all about the words. When the story is that good, and the actors are into what they are doing it should be a perfect chemistry. :D

I adored the BBC version, because it rested solely on interpreting the books so was all about the words. When the story is that good, and the actors are into what they are doing it should be a perfect chemistry. :D

The TV series was more or less a straight remake of the original radio series (and has the same ending). The books aren't as good, to my mind!

I watched the first disc of season 1 of Bones, so the first 4 episodes I think :D. I'll send it back to Netflix today and will hopefully receive the next disc on Tuesday...