The Last DVD you watched?

Kreader

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix..

Great, as always. :lol:

I must say that is one of my favourite Potter adaptations - it takes a bloated, drawn out book and turns it into a tightly paced and exciting film – good stuff!

Ocean Waves

The most recent Studio Ghibli DVD release, and surprisingly entertaining for someone who isn’t part of the target demographic. You have to feel sorry for the lead male character in it, he spends a large part of the film doing the right thing only to get the shitty end of the stick each time – I laughed lots at his misfortune!

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched The Informant! tonight and it was pretty good. Unfortunately not that interesting, but it had it's funny moments. It didn't really feel like a Soderbergh film either, but what do I know? :(

Last night we watched Brazil, way out there, and absolutely terrific. Dystopian farce is the closest I can come to describing it. :lol:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Tonight we watched Butterfield 8. Disappointing to say the least. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053622/

North by Northwest

Loved it, only thing wrong with it as far as I am concerned is that James Mason didn't have enough screen time. :lol:

Last night we watched Brazil, way out there, and absolutely terrific. Dystopian farce is the closest I can come to describing it. :)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Ooh, I'd love to see that!

Loved it, only thing wrong with it as far as I am concerned is that James Mason didn't have enough screen time. :D

Nah, give me Cary Grant any day. He's just brilliant in everything he does. He's so great at comedy. :lol:

Good film. Have you seen To Catch a Thief?

Yes! It was the first Hitchcock movie I ever saw. That one is due for another viewing very soon I think. :lol:

I adore To Catch a Thief! Jewel thieves, fabulous cars, the South of France, Grace Kelly and Cary Grant, beautiful fashions - what more could anyone want!

Isn't Grace Kelly just gorgeous? So beautiful and elegant. And Cary Grant...<sigh>

I don't think I'll ever tire of watching Hitchcock films. I love every one of them! :lol:

My friend and I watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix tonight. I hadn't seen the HP movies before now so over the past few months we've been working our way through the DVDs. Only one left, then I finally want to see a HP movie in the theatre! It was good, but to me kind of confusing. I can't imagine being a little kid and being able to understand every little bit! Although I haven't read the books either... I enjoyed it though, and adore Gary Oldman.

I've never been disappointed by a Hitchcock movie, although the one made in the 70s set in London with the rape scene was pretty horrible (Frenzy, I think it was). The rest of the movie was good though.

The Lady Vanishes is one of my special favourites. I have two DVD collections of his really old movies, which I've barely begun to watch yet! I really should stop re-watching the ones I love (which is all of them) and get on to watching the rest.

I think if you've read the HP books you'll be able to follow the movies better. The movies leave out bits and pieces and assume that the audience has read the books. You might find a lot of questions answered once you read them. :lol:

Nah, give me Cary Grant any day. He's just brilliant in everything he does. He's so great at comedy. :lol:

Oh, there's no getting around it, I think Grant was the tops, but James Mason is a definite favorite of mine. :D

We watched Good Night and Good Luck tonight. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433383/

Wowee, great film, but a little to narrowly focused. I was a young child during that time frame, and remember very little of the 'mood" of the time, even though I've heard about it all my life.