Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am planning on using my charming cloth bookmark with this one. I've been waiting for the right book to come along, and I think that this is the one. :)

How lovely! It's always nice to use a new bookmark :D Nice to hear the inkling of a mojo there too!

Well I've read nowhere near as much as I meant to today. On page 232 of The Historian.

How are you like this? I hope you're enjoying it, it is actually well worth reading :(

No mojo, no reading for me again :lol:

How are you like this? I hope you're enjoying it, it is actually well worth reading :lol:

No mojo, no reading for me again :D

I'm off work this week so should really have done better. Also I hope I didn't make it sound like I had read 232 pages just today!

I am really enjoying it. There are still some bits that drag but just as I think I'm getting bored something exciting happens such as

Helen looking like the protrait of Vlad!!!!!

Now I have finished my waffles and chicken so I should get back to it until The Mentalist comes on. I hope you get your mojo back soon. Sometimes it's good to take a rest. I might take a day off after I finish The Historian. I think I'll need it.

Planning to get Tim Winton's 'Cloudstreet' next based on Kylies comment :D

That's excellent news! I'll look forward to reading your thoughts.

I haven't gotten much reading done in the last couple of days, but I've managed a few pages of How I Live Now.

I abhor wasting money but today i bought a second copy of The Road because the cover was so cool-it was one of those indented words cover with a review of the book by a famous critic, i already have the book from a few months back but the cover was a bit dull- an image from the recent movie. Now at least i have a cool cover!!

After a long week at work have had a pretty good Reading session tonight. Have read about 110 pages of The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent. Have about 140 more pages to go now so should finish it over the weekend. Have to say I am finding it pretty hard going so far.

I bought and started Tuesdays With Morrie ~ Mitch Albom

nearly finished it, it`s so good.

Also picked up Third Degree ~ Greg Iles, from the library. :D

Are you enjoying The Historian, Steeeve? I can't get enough of Kostova's writing.

I think I'm in the same boat as you, Charm. :D I finished my other book a few days ago and there just isn't anything I'm in the mood to start!

Im on chapter 10 of Dearly Devoted Dexter and loooving it! So far it's just as good as the first book and just as good as the show.

I just got back from seeing Shutter Island, awesome movie! I'm thinking about reading the book...anyone read it? thoughts?

Im on chapter 10 of Dearly Devoted Dexter and loooving it! So far it's just as good as the first book and just as good as the show.

I just got back from seeing Shutter Island, awesome movie! I'm thinking about reading the book...anyone read it? thoughts?

I read the book a couple of weeks ago. Review is in my reading blog. I thought it was excellent and gave it 10/10 with the ending a real surprise. Can't wait to see the film when it comes out over here next week.

I got an email saying the Coldfire trilogy has been sent so I'm hoping it gets to me tomorrow rather than next week so I'll actually be in.

It did not arrive with the post :D Which means it'll come when I'm at work so it'll be too big to fit through the letter box in which case I'll have to arrange to get it redelivered and have to wait a whole day longer(!!!) or they'll leave it outside my door all day with the risk of it being stolen. Tsk.

Also I wanted it to be the next book I started.

Are you enjoying The Historian, Steeeve? I can't get enough of Kostova's writing.

For the most part Im enjoying it a lot. Even though I find it drags a bit I look forward to reading it so I must like it. On page 349 now. There's a lot of detail and facts in there and I'm not sure I'm taking them all in. Would be nice to go back and read it again straight after so I can see everything I missed but I won't do that.

I am really enjoying it. There are still some bits that drag but just as I think I'm getting bored something exciting happens such as

Helen looking like the protrait of Vlad!!!!!

Yay! Glad you're liking it :D

After a long week at work have had a pretty good Reading session tonight. Have read about 110 pages of The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent. Have about 140 more pages to go now so should finish it over the weekend. Have to say I am finding it pretty hard going so far.

It's definately not a light read is it, but very interesting and thought provoking. Will look out for your thoughts :)

I think I'm in the same boat as you, Charm. :D I finished my other book a few days ago and there just isn't anything I'm in the mood to start!

Since we're in the same boat, let's sail off to mojo land and see if we can pick up something sparkley to light up our mojos! :(

:lol: I'm uberpleased you like this! It's my favourite of the series! ;)

It did not arrive with the post :lol: Which means it'll come when I'm at work so it'll be too big to fit through the letter box in which case I'll have to arrange to get it redelivered and have to wait a whole day longer(!!!) or they'll leave it outside my door all day with the risk of it being stolen. Tsk.

Also I wanted it to be the next book I started.

Weeeeeeeee!!!! They came. Got sent with some other company I had never seen them use before. I am happy :D See. Not only do I have three new books but I get to start filling a new shelf in my bookcase.

Edit: My excitement is about getting the Coldfire trilogy. Forgot to mention that bit.

Edited by Steeeeve

Started 'The Crimson Petal and the White' - Michel Faber. I have read Under the Skin by Faber and found it a very engaging read and 'The Crimson' seems to be the same. Faber is a gripping writer! :D

I didn't plan on reading The Crimson yet but I read the first two pages which were fantastic and I couldn't stop, so I plan on reading at least 50 pages a day (as some days I am tired from work and my mind is on other things) that way I should have it finished in at least 17 days :lol: That said i've already read 87 pages and plan on reading more today!!!

I am at a crossroads with Shogun, about 200 pages in and was falling asleep when I read through 2 chapters earlier today.

There is a hint of the kind of writing I dont like where the author goes off on a tangent and describes everything and anything that has happened in the previous 300 years regarding a stone or window that the main characters come across on their travels.

If he doesnt quit it soon this could be heading for the same fate as The girl who kicked the hornets nest - being thrown under a car.

Started 'The Crimson Petal and the White' - Michel Faber. I have read Under the Skin by Faber and found it a very engaging read and 'The Crimson' seems to be the same. Faber is a gripping writer! :D

Under the Skin was really gripping wasn't it, the story unfolded itself slowly and the more I got to know about what was going on the more creepy it was. A very great read indeed! I'm glad you're enjoying The Crimson Petal and the White as well, I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you've finished it. It's quite a long read, aye? :lol: I have it on my TBR but the size of it seems really daunting.

Under the Skin was really gripping wasn't it, the story unfolded itself slowly and the more I got to know about what was going on the more creepy it was. A very great read indeed! I'm glad you're enjoying The Crimson Petal and the White as well, I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you've finished it. It's quite a long read, aye? :) I have it on my TBR but the size of it seems really daunting.

Yeah, Under the Skin was great :( I loved not knowing what was going on as many other books are too easy to work out whats going on or who did what etc. I'm up to page 109 of The Crimson Petal and the White atm and still reading. Yes its a big book, over 800 pages and any book that size is daunting but this is so easy to read imo (so far) so it should go faster than other books of similar size..maybe :lol: Some bits are making me chuckle too, one bit about the name Caroline as my mum is called Caroline and about the modern athiest christian. Some of his descriptions of things are amusing and different to the norm as well. :D

I am going to start Hells Belles by Paul Magrs although I am still Reading Noctures By John Connolly thats a light and bright morning book as its so dark.

Yeah, Under the Skin was great :D I loved not knowing what was going on as many other books are too easy to work out whats going on or who did what etc. I'm up to page 109 of The Crimson Petal and the White atm and still reading. Yes its a big book, over 800 pages and any book that size is daunting but this is so easy to read imo (so far) so it should go faster than other books of similar size..maybe :) Some bits are making me chuckle too, one bit about the name Caroline as my mum is called Caroline and about the modern athiest christian. Some of his descriptions of things are amusing and different to the norm as well.

I agree about UtS, I had no idea at the beginning of the novel what it would all turn out to be. It was freaky but freakishly good ;)

TCPatW must be really good if you're making faster progress with it than with a book with fewer pages, I think it's very encouraging to hear. Happy reading! :D

Just starting The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale today. :lol:

I hope it's good and you'll enjoy it, that one's on my TBR :(