Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot my intended novel today but luckily I had forgotten to take my Ereader out of my bag at the weekend and decided to start Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. I'm only on P.30 and I love it already, really excited to find out what happens.

I am going to be honest I have done barely any reading I have so much to do. I am still reading The HUnger Games by Suzanne Collins. I am liking it so far. Not read anything else like it. It is keeping me on my toes and I do hope that this week I can really have the time to appreciate it more.

CW.

Oooh, would you employ me? I'm good, I really am :) I mean, I was filling out a job application form last week and found myself correcting spelling and grammar mistakes in the application form template...!

I will keep you in mind if I get swamped with work! However I'm just planning on doing this separate to my full-time job. I don't plan on making it a full-time career. If I just get a couple of jobs for some extra pocket money I'll be very happy :roll:

I went to Fopp and Waterstones today and bought ~

After the Quake by Haruki Murakami

69 by Ryu Murakami

:)

I've read about 80 pages of Wuthering Heights today and I received The Editor's Companion by Janet Mackenzie in the mail. :) Hopefully I'll get through a few pages of Sylvia Plath's journals tonight because I've been making really slow progress with it.

Finished Angel's Rest by Charles Davis yesterday morning,started The Ninth Life Of Louis Drax by Liz Jensen last night. Bought Always The Sun by Neil Cross and borrowed Border Songs by Jim Lynch from t'library.

(Green, I love your avatar!)

I'm reading One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner at the moment. It's turned out to be a different read to what I thought it would be. I was expecting something much more edgy. I'm enjoying it though, and it's a very easy read.

Finished Sunrise by Rosie Thomas (only started it last night). Easy but quite a good read.

Think will be Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides next, as I still can't find The Rotter's Club (God knows what I've done with it!)

Middlesex is brilliant. I really enjoyed reading it :smile2:

Managed to read a nice chunk of My Cousin Rachel at work this afternoon, I'm now really engrossed and enjoying it.

I looove this book :giggle:

I've read about 80 pages of Wuthering Heights today and I received The Editor's Companion by Janet Mackenzie in the mail. :) Hopefully I'll get through a few pages of Sylvia Plath's journals tonight because I've been making really slow progress with it.

I read Sylvia Plath's journals years ago. They are rather chunky but worth a read :irked: I remembered I stopped a few entries towards the end though.

I started reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi picoult yesterday. I think this one will be a weeper!

I read Sylvia Plath's journals years ago. They are rather chunky but worth a read :smile2: I remembered I stopped a few entries towards the end though.

Wow, you got all that way and then stopped just short of the end? Goodness. Are you planning on reading those last few entries at any stage?

I'm reading The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander at the moment. I like his books: he has already written Rasputin's Daughter and the Kitchen Boy, this is the third in the series set around Revolutionary Russia.

I went up to Foyles yesterday and bought a beautiful copy of the Arabian Nights by Haddawy (an Iranian author who had the stories read to him when he was a boy and has translated them - beautifully).

Edited by SueK
sp.

I'm fearful of od-ing on reading - three books in three days - on my one week vacation. I finished Major Pettigrew's Last Stand yesterday. I just downloaded The Dream of Perpetual Motion to my Kindle. I'm intrigued by this steampunk angle, never heard of the word before Sunday, and I'm in the mood for new releases by first time authors. Also, on the authors site I discover he lives up the road from me in Princeton and wrote his PHD thesis on Joyce, Gaddis and Pynchon. So I'm expecting some good writing along with the steampunk.

I read a couple more chapters of Prisoner of Azkaban and also read Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher again.

I'm fearful of od-ing on reading - three books in three days - on my one week vacation. /QUOTE]

I think you have my mojo!!!!! :giggle:

Can I have it back now!

As for me, a grand total of six pages. Whoop whoop :smile2:

Finished 'The Behaviour of Moths' .. I really liked it.

Am going to start Angela Carter's 'The Magic Toyshop' later this evening.

I loved The Magic Toyshop its one of my favourites of hers that and The Bloody chamber are excellent. I hope you enjoy it.

I bought several second hand books today from the market in town, American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld, Life Swap by Jane Green, My fabulous Divorce by Claire Dowling, Small Island by Andrea Levy and The Beach House by Jane Green. I have also organised a book swap in which I will be receiving The Surgeon, so am very excited about that