Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that it's our Rory Gilmore Book List - challenge book at the moment might have something to do with it :giggle: Feel free to join us :irked:

Ohh okay. I don't follow that challenge, interesting as many of the books are, coz I'd feel like a fraud when I've never seen Gilmore Girls :smile2:

I might join ye for this one though, it's been a while since I last read it. :)

Ohh okay. I don't follow that challenge, interesting as many of the books are, coz I'd feel like a fraud when I've never seen Gilmore Girls :smile2:

I might join ye for this one though, it's been a while since I last read it. :giggle:

One doesn't have to follow the whole challenge in order to join a particular group reading of some book, we're just happy to get anyone who's interested in that particular book to join in on the reading. The more the merrier :irked:

Ohh okay. I don't follow that challenge, interesting as many of the books are, coz I'd feel like a fraud when I've never seen Gilmore Girls :lol:

I might join ye for this one though, it's been a while since I last read it. :D

We don't really talk about the GG much on the thread, we are just paying homage to Rory's impecable literary taste rather than following/discussing the show.

I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on Wurthering Heights.

I finished Indelible by Karin Slaughter last night and read 1 page of The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe but decided to go with Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris instead. I am now 60 pages into the book. :lol:

After a bit if deliberation I decided to start Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris last night. Have read the first two chapters so far and may get a bit more in before bed tonight. I do seem to keep getting in a muddle though as I am also watching series 2 of True Blood at the moment and not all the storylines of the characters overlap between the two.

Just finished Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay and absolutely loved it! I love getting more into the mind of Dexter than the show allows. Can't wait to read more in this series!

So glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! :D I have to tell you though, that the third Dexter novel was quite disappointing in my opinion at least (some others have felt the same way) but that the fourth books is supposed to be another great Dexter read :lol:

I loved The Magic Toyshop its one of my favourites of hers that and The Bloody chamber are excellent. I hope you enjoy it.

Yes, it was disturbing, but I enjoyed it.

Just started 'The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie' by Alan Bradley .. only 11 pages in but liking it a lot

Just started 'The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie' by Alan Bradley .. only 11 pages in but liking it a lot

Every time I pass this at the shops I think of picking it up, Poppy! I'm glad to hear you're liking it so far - you'll have to let us know what you think after you read more. It looks really good! :lol:

Read 36 tiny-print pages of Wuthering Heights, 70 pages of No Way To Say Goodbye and added to I, Lucifer it totals 149 pages today. Not too bad! Going to read a bit more of each before bed.

ETA: Read 52 tiny-print pages of Wuthering Heights, 117 pages of No Way To Say Goodbye, and the last 78 pages of I, Lucifer. Total: 247 pages :lol:

Edited by Nollaig

Shouldn't you be finished by now, from what I gather you're always reading at least 60 pages a day and now 100 so you must be near the end!

:D I just checked and I have 80 pages to go. I'm hoping to finish it today.

I'm thrilled that so many people are reading (or re-reading) Wuthering Heights. :lol:

I finished the first chapter of The Editor's Companion last night. I aim to read one chapter per day.

I think I might have to put The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath to the side. :yes: I've been reading about 2 pages per day, and while I'm enjoying it, I just don't feel that it's 'right' for me at the moment.

I finished Wuthering Heights today and received a Penguin Guide to Punctuation in the mail.

I'm going to focus on Sylvia Plath and my non-fiction book for the next few days, I think.

I finished Wuthering Heights today and received a Penguin Guide to Punctuation in the mail.

I'm going to focus on Sylvia Plath and my non-fiction book for the next few days, I think.

Be interested in what you think of the Penguin Guide to Punctuation as I'm looking for such a book. There are online guides, but the advice seems to vary somewhat which is confusing. I don't need extra confusion at the moment :lol:

Will do! I bought this after reading somewhere that it was highly recommended by a society of editors or something, so I figured it would be a pretty safe bet!

The problem I have with this type of book is that I know it will be so jam-packed with information that I will be wanting to bookmark absolutely everything. If I wasn't so against writing and highlighting in books, I would probably do that. Luckily I bought a whole lot of Post-Its recently, so they'll no doubt be getting a workout. I intend reading it from cover to cover too - not just as a reference tool to dip into and out of.

I've had a very quick flick through it and my initial impression is positive.

Just finished My Cousin Rachel, loved it - very dark and original. I like the way the ending leaves you guessing..

Unsure what to read next, will have to wait till I get home to have a little perusal of my shelves. I've just realised that won't be until tomorrow evening. I can't possibly go without a book until then! Hm, I would be inclined to see that as a perfect excuse for a new purchase, but I don't think I'll be passing any bookshops. Darn! :lol:

I read some poetry by Louis Carroll which really cheered me up!

Am looking through Amazon to see what I want to order this month and what can wait. I wish I could just buy everything but then there would be no room for me in the flat!