Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

I'm just about to finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. First Potter book i read and it was the last one. I'm a reading rebel :censored:

How on earth did you understand what was going on? ... have you seen the movies?

I've never thought of it before but does JKR assume that you haven't read any of the books previously and give you the right amount of background info ... I guess she does but I've never noticed it.

You are definitely a reading rebel .. now time for 'Return of the King' :no: .. unless of course, you've already read it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some of the movies. There was enough in the book so that i could understand what was going on but i think that it would have been easier to have started from the first book but i never like to make things easy for myself :censored:

I'm going to start The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays - Oscar Wilde, at some point today :no:

Heathcliff's come back after 3 years and he embraced the innocent naive Miss Linton in the garden, and Catherine, Edgar and Heathcliff had a huge fight. Now Catherine is staying in her bedroom, fancying herself dying. What a drama queen :censored:

Oh you're a good way into it! I'm not too far ahead of you. She is a bit, yes :no: Still prefer her to the Lintons though! Spineless creatures :)

I'm going to start The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays - Oscar Wilde, at some point today :)

Eeeee! :lol:

Read a few of Poe's poems but still can't find my mojo.

Started to read a bit of The Pickwick Papers but OH put the TV on and it all left my head.:censored:

I'm feeling a bit down at the moment so what I think I need is a book with a happy ending to make me feel all warm and fluffy inside. Any ideas?

Jane Austen's books always leave me feeling happy. Or you could try something that's humorous all the way through, like Bill Bryson or PG Wodehouse. I hope you find something to cheer you up real soon. In the meantime, have a :censored:.

Registered 4 books on Bookcrossing that were left on our OBCZ shelf at the Belmont Cinema cafe/bar yestereday.

3 children's books for World Book Day and a Mills and Boons type read.

Also started 'For One More Day' ~ Mitch Albom last night.

Edited by Inver

Jane Austen's books always leave me feeling happy. Or you could try something that's humorous all the way through, like Bill Bryson or PG Wodehouse. I hope you find something to cheer you up real soon. In the meantime, have a :censored:.

Thank you (I hope it was me you were talking to :no:) I've never tried PG Wodehouse - maybe I will give it a go.

I've seen some of the movies. There was enough in the book so that i could understand what was going on but i think that it would have been easier to have started from the first book but i never like to make things easy for myself :censored:

I'm going to start The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays - Oscar Wilde, at some point today :no:

Ah I see, but I think I would've taken issue with the shop assistant .. I reckon 'Goblet of Fire' is the best Potter book.

You can't beat a bit of Oscar Wilde for wit, happy reading :).

Also started 'For One More Day' ~ Mitch Albom last night.

I`m looking forward to reading this book, I`ll be picking it up from the library tomorrow. :censored:

Finished 'The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie' .. really enjoyable.

Have started .. or will start shortly ... A.S. Byatt's 'The Children's Book' .. going by it's reputation I think this one is going to be a struggle.

Finished 'The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie' .. really enjoyable.

Have started .. or will start shortly ... A.S. Byatt's 'The Children's Book' .. going by it's reputation I think this one is going to be a struggle.

It's a slow book but a great read, definitely one of her best.

Almost finished Neverwhere, what a fantastic book.

Edited by cosychair

Am now about 80 pages into Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. Am enjoying it more than Dead Until Dark so far and now it's the weekend I hope to get it finished in the next couple of days.

Thank you (I hope it was me you were talking to :censored:) I've never tried PG Wodehouse - maybe I will give it a go.

Yes, it was you I was talking to :no:

I'm going out a bit later and I might be sitting around outdoors for a bit so hopefully I'll get a bit of reading done. If it doesn't rain, that is.

I've had kind of a crazy week with not much reading done, but I'm about a quarter of the way through Pride, Prejudice and Zombies. Loving it so far! :censored: Hopefully I'll get more reading in this weekend.

I'm just over half way through reading Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I picked this book on my most recent visit to Amazon because of all the fabulous things I read about it on the internet. It's really rather good and I highly recommend it. I'm planning on finishing it this afternoon.

I'm on chapter six of 'The Childrens Book' and so far so good .. I'm enjoying it, she writes extraordinarly well, though you need total concentration when reading it (husband in the background trying to play Neil Young on his guitar .. not helping!!). I've had to make a list of characters on paper though so that I can refer back .. I expect there'll be lots more to add as I go along.

I bogged down a third of the way in The Land of Green Plums. Like most novels by Nobel winners, it's earnest, plodding and dull. So I quickly downloaded a thriller, Written In Bone,to my Kindle, read it in a day, a page turner :), or more accurately, a button clicker. :D

I'm going to try some more plums today.