Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

Hooray! The second one is supposed to excellent, and I've had it on my TBR pile for a while. Maybe I'll read it with you. :D

It is excellent! Join frankie.

Lirael is already great. Going to read more now. Garth Nix is fast becoming one of my favourite authors.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading in bed - I like my night time read to be light and fluffy so am reading Yours, Faithfully by Sheila O'Flanagan. Am 100 pages in and am enjoying it. It is written better than I thought it would be and it has a good storyline :D

But I'm also skim reading the Harry Potter books for uni :D

How lucky are you! I wish I could read Harry Potter for uni :D

Finished Definitely Dead in bed last night and started the next in the series, All Together Dead, this morning

How did you find it Lucybird?

I've read about a third of The Virgin's Lover and loving it. It's from the point of view of Robert Dudley, Amy Dudley and Sir William Cecil at the court of newly crowned Queen Elizabeth I. Very interesting :D

How lucky are you! I wish I could read Harry Potter for uni :D

:D I'm doing an essay on the role of Severus Snape in Harry Potter :D It is my most interesting one though, and thanks to skim reading (and little info from the forbidden Wikipedia) I think I know everything there is to know about him :D

How did you find it Lucybird?

I enjoyed it but probably my least favourite in the series so far.

Not enough Eric or Alcide, although I enjoyed Quinn :D

The review is up on my blog and thread now :D

:D I'm doing an essay on the role of Severus Snape in Harry Potter :D It is my most interesting one though, and thanks to skim reading (and little info from the forbidden Wikipedia) I think I know everything there is to know about him :D

I'm so jealous! Imagine referencing........Rowling, J (2003) Order of the Phoenix etc :D

I know exactly what you mean Lucybird although I'm not a fan of Quinn myself (I think it's purely because he's not Eric! :lol:)

I'm so jealous! Imagine referencing........Rowling, J (2003) Order of the Phoenix etc :D

I know exactly what you mean Lucybird although I'm not a fan of Quinn myself (I think it's purely because he's not Eric! :D)

Don't get me started on the referencing. I don't mind writing the 3000 word essay, but I HATE the referencing. :D Yeah we could chose any children's book so I chose something I already know, cheating...maybe, but at least I enjoy it :D

I didn't mind Quinn at the start

but then he seemed to appear and disappear to quickly.

Plus like Nicola said, he's no Eric :lol:

I think my mental image of Quinn is what I really like...and, well, Sookie does help there...he's not the greatest character!

You're doing an essay on Snape Stephanie, I know a lot of people who would get excited about that!

I found a wonderful little hardbook copy of "From Larkrise to Candleford" a year or so back for 75p!

Oh this sounds like a lovely read. I sometimes watch the television drama and you got it at excellent value. I have found a new love in buying books from charity shops. :D

How did I miss that you picked up the Chabon, Frankie?! I loved that book so I'm excited you got it :D.

My reading of The Blackstone Key has slowed down, and I'm really not that thrilled about it! :D I only have about 50 pages left though so I can't give up.

Over the last couple of evenings have read 200 pages of Shutter Island. Really enjoying it so far and have about 80 pages left now. Will hopefully finish it tonight and then only 2 weeks before the film is released!

Over the last couple of evenings have read 200 pages of Shutter Island. Really enjoying it so far and have about 80 pages left now. Will hopefully finish it tonight and then only 2 weeks before the film is released!

Oh, i didnt even realise that was a book?! Let us know your final verdict when you finish the book as the movie looks brilliant.

I have today off so im going to head into town to get a few things and im giving myself a budget of 20euro to impulse buy a book ha so if anyone can recommend a horror/thriller/comedy book that is really worth buying let me know, im open minded. Doesnt have to be horror even, just after something interesting for my TBR list.:D

It's really fun isn't it? I think the ending lives up to the rest of the story too which in a book like that it often doesn't.

Maybe it's because I watch too many films but I found it quite cinematic so it should be interesting to see what the film's like.

This morning I've read another 50 pages of Lirael. It's soooooo good. Makes me squeak with excitement...that's not weird is it?

Payday today. Even though I only bought some last week I feel like taking a trip to Waterstones. Good bye money.

Currently read The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen and I'm quite enjoying it actually.

Hoping to read You Can't Hide by Karen Rose once I'm finished!

I found a rather interesting book this morning while paroosing the Barned and Noble website and impulsively purchaced it. Its called Heresy by S.J. Parris and looks like a rather intriguing read.

I've just been enjoying some more of Flowers for Algernon. I can already feel the urge to turn back to page one and begin again once I've finished.

I finished reading The Little Stranger last night. VERY good and probably my favourite book by Sarah Waters - it is so different to others that I have read.

I have read a few pages of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Yes, I'm in my 20s and the book is for 9+ but it just looks and sounds so good :D a nice easy read perhaps :D