Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

Maybe Barnes and Noble will do something with it. I noticed last time I was in there that they have several new leatherbound classics and are expanding into more modern classics. There's hope! :blush: I only own 3 of the leatherbound editions, The Complete Works of Jane Austen, The Divine Comedy and The Complete works of Edgar Allen Poe.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush: No idea :D

I finished LJ Smith's The Struggle and while the lead character is totally and utterly annoying, I need to know what happens in the rest of the series so will be in the que at HMV tomorrow purchasing the next book and saying goodbye to my hard earned money :lol:

;) That's what happened to me, struggled through the first book, the second was OK, I enjoyed the third and the fourth was just OK again :cry2: bit inconsistant :lol:

*grovels humbly* you know I'd love you forever - even more than I already do - right? *resumes humble grovelling* :blush::D:lol:?

Just let me know what you would like. I have a large suitcase and tend to pack lightly :lol: If you enjoy Poe I highly recommend his collective works because the edition is GORGEOUS

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Complete-Tales-and-Poems-of-Edgar-Allan-Poe/Edgar-Allan-Poe/e/9781435106345/?itm=1&USRI=edgar+allan+poe+complete+tales+and+poems

:lol: That's what happened to me, struggled through the first book, the second was OK, I enjoyed the third and the fourth was just OK again :lol: bit inconsistant :blush:

I suppose we can be thankful that they put two stories into the one book.....I don't feel quite so ripped off that way! I heard book 5 was out soon too (if it isn't out already ;)) You were totally right about the Damon parts being the best bits. If it weren't for his cheeky, witty and slightly scary banter I would probably give up :D Definitely Team Damon!

Ill have to admit i feel a bit deprived having never been to a Barnes and Nobles store in my life, i thought that Waterstones was the best bookstore ever, (this is coming from a small island girl who got all her books from local bookshops, one of which closed down last year :blush: )

Anyway as for book activity hmm i have now read up to chapter eleven of No Time For Goodbye, a tad slow at the start ill admit, but gripping so far. i really want to find out what happens next! (At this rate ill read it late into the night!)

Am now about halfway through Gone With the Wind (which is 500 odd pages) and just started volume 2.

Great progress Lucybird! :) I think you're almost at the part that I was ranting about in the GwtW -thread, I'm not sure. You'll be able to read the spoiler soon me thinks :roll:

I read about 100 pages of GwtW yesterday, am going to read another huge chunk today.

@ Abby - you misunderestimate me, I've got the link favourited just so I can look at the prettiness on a regular basis and drool :roll: I shall compile a shopping list for your fantabulously resplendent self, though I should warn you now: you should probably state a maximum volume limit before I get carried away, you might have no space for socks if you leave me to my own devices!

@ BookGeek - sadly neither have I, they only have them in the States; they used to have free international shipping on everything while I was growing up though, so me and my family would spend quality time circling everything we wanted in the catalogue before placing the biggest orders ever...! Good times.

I was so desperately into reading my book this morning I ran late and had to get dressed and into the car in 5 minutes not to be late for work..and now I am on here another busy day then..:roll:

My reading mojo may be absent, but my book buying mojo is more than active.

I have ordered, 'The Earth Hums In B Flat' by Mari Strachan and 'Being Dead' by Jim Crace from Amazon marketplace. I also discovered two books had by complete accident, dropped into my trolley in Tesco, 'One Day' by David Nicholls and 'Black Lands' by Belinda Bauer. :roll:

Will people please stop mentioning books I then have to buy! I mean, what do you think this place is? A book forum or something? :)

I read One Hundred Strokes of the Brush Before Bed at the weekend, totally ****!

Have read some more Poe, The Pit and the Pendulum was good reminded me of a nightmare I once had about a giant gaping hole in the floor.

Have started Bitten by Kelley Armstrong and I like the way she descibes being a wolf.

@ Abby - you misunderestimate me, I've got the link favourited just so I can look at the prettiness on a regular basis and drool :roll: I shall compile a shopping list for your fantabulously resplendent self, though I should warn you now: you should probably state a maximum volume limit before I get carried away, you might have no space for socks if you leave me to my own devices!

Buhahahaha... I don't wear socks in the summer! :) I once backpacked through Mexico on 30.00 and a handfull of clothes, you can't scare me with suitcase volume!

You and I must be soul sisters because I have several books from B&N.com 'favorited' too so that I can go back and look at them. :)

I forgot my books today when stuffing my backpack full of computer/notebooks. :) No reading until I get home, I guess.

I read One Hundred Strokes of the Brush Before Bed at the weekend, totally ****!
Agreed - quite apart from the 'plot' and supposed truthfulness of it all, it's just so appallingly written isn't it? I couldn't even finish the thing.

you can't scare me with suitcase volume!

I'll hold you to that, soul sister :):roll:!

Actual book activity of the day: am up to page 39 of Neil Gaiman et al.'s Don't Panic: Douglas Adams and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's flowing nicely and seems to be gently prodding my mojo, so I'll try to squeeze a bit more in around the events of the day.

I am also bidding on more eBay prettiness (someone please restrain me... actually, please don't :)) I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Agreed - quite apart from the 'plot' and supposed truthfulness of it all, it's just so appallingly written isn't it? I couldn't even finish the thing.

I only finished it because it was really short anyway. I've read sexier books about aliens! :roll:

Finished vol2 of The Vampire Diaries yesterday. I have the next 2 volumes here to read. I'm a bit meh about the series though!

I am starting to worry about reading these. My friend lent them to me, and I have still not read them. I hope they are good, as my friend absolutely love them :roll:

as for my reading activity I have done nothing so far, because of the OH being here. |He is however out tonight with friends so I will get soem reading done while he is out, I hope to finish Breaking Dawn.