Rory Gilmore's Book List Challenge

AbielleRose

I have a stack of short, light reads that I was planning on reading during April because I don't feel as though I've done much reading lately, but I can probably be persuaded to join in on The Crimson Petal and the White. :lurker:

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a stack of short, light reads that I was planning on reading during April because I don't feel as though I've done much reading lately, but I can probably be persuaded to join in on The Crimson Petal and the White. :yahoo:

Haha consider yourself persuaded!

Oh, and I just ordered my copy :lurker:

Edited by Kate

Just ordered mine too! :lurker:

I hadn't been sure if I would try the whole challenge, but I have just checked the list and found I have already read 46 and own another 17 that I haven't read yet, so count me in!

Any idea when you are getting your copies, Ooshie and Kate? And when you might actually be starting to read it? I have mine already but I'd rather read my nostalgic YA books at the moment and start when you're starting as well :)

And Kylie, have you by now been completely persuaded to read the book as well? :D

Oh and Lucybird, have you checked out your library in case they have copies of the book?

Yeah you should get it out the library Lucy if you can :)

I got an email saying it was dispatched today so hopefully in the next couple of days. I was thinking of starting it when it arrives

Sounds good to me, Kate :)

On another note: Abby and Kylie and me were discussing about the novel Wicked in Abby's reading blog and we thought it would be nice to read that one as well, soonish. Anybody else up for that one? :D

Edit: Oooops! I meant to say that we'd be reading Wicked in May.

Sounds good to me, Kate :)

On another note: Abby and Kylie and me were discussing about the novel Wicked in Abby's reading blog and we thought it would be nice to read that one as well, soonish. Anybody else up for that one? :D

Edit: Oooops! I meant to say that we'd be reading Wicked in May.

I am up for that too!

And Kylie, have you by now been completely persuaded to read the book as well? :motz:

I'm still torn :lol: If I don't read it now I might let it lapse for a long time. Maybe I could read it because I'm reading so many light, short reads this month that I can fit in a chunky read at the same time. OK, you've sold me! :lol:

I am up for that too!

Cool! :D

I'm still torn :) If I don't read it now I might let it lapse for a long time. Maybe I could read it because I'm reading so many light, short reads this month that I can fit in a chunky read at the same time. OK, you've sold me! :lol:

I think you just persuaded yourself :motz: I'm reading light YA novels at the moment as well, one of my favorite series from when I was a teen and it's really nice and nostalgic, and quick to read too :lol:

I think I noticed in the Book Activity -thread that Ooshie has just received her copy of TCPatW? :blush:

If anyone is still after it Cavilar and Clay is on 3 for 2 at waterstones at the moment

Ah the joys of living in the UK ... :D

Where's everybody at with The Crimson Petal? Or have you already been talking about it in the appropriate book thread? I haven't started the book yet myself but I'm planning to start in tomorrow :lol: How's everybody enjoying it so far?

There has been a bit of chat on the book's own thread, but not too much yet. I enjoyed it so much I only took a few days to read it, and I'm still missing the characters and that world. I have ordered The Apple to enjoy them for a wee bit longer... :D

There has been a bit of chat on the book's own thread, but not too much yet. I enjoyed it so much I only took a few days to read it, and I'm still missing the characters and that world. I have ordered The Apple to enjoy them for a wee bit longer... :D

Wow, that was really quick for such a long novel, I'm impressed! :lol: So there's a sequel? I wonder if Emily ever got that far ... :D

I'm about 300 pages in. I haven't done any reading in the past few days, but I'm hoping that will change tomorrow. It's quite an addictive read, Frankie, so I think you will get through it quickly as well. :D

Wow, that was really quick for such a long novel, I'm impressed! :lol: So there's a sequel? I wonder if Emily ever got that far ... :D

Nothing else was getting done at all, I was enjoying my reading time so much! :D

From Amazon, it looks like The Apple isn't a sequel as such, but short stories continuing the story for some of the characters, and giving back story for some others. Opinion in the reviews seems divided between it being a worthwhile read or not, but I know not to expect an in-depth novel, and I couldn't resist the chance to spend more time in the characters' company. :(

This month just seemed to fly by! As May is now only a few days away I wanted to see if any of you lovely Roryites (heh :irked: ) would still be interested in reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire with me? It will be a bit different tone from the books that we've been reading thus far in the challenge.

Thoughts? Comments? Random unintelligible blurts?