Rory Gilmore's Book List Challenge

AbielleRose

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. I suppose I wouldn't like to know specifics; just whether or not it's worthwhile reading. At any rate, I'm happy with the way things are now - I suppose it's good to read bad books as well so you can appreciate the good ones even more. :lol:

I really want to read it but the size is a little daunting. :friends0:

If it is pretty big than I think I'll pass on it for now. It looks really good but I'll probably be working on GwtW well into March still. :lol:

Wurthering Heights is one I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into. I confess, I don't think I've ever actually heard of Rebecca so I'll have to go look that one up.

I just happened to read Ruth's reading blog and she's just read and enjoyed Valerie Martin's Property, which just so happens to be on Rory's book list. I didn't know what it was about until now, and it would go so nicely with the (my) current theme of GwtW, Uncle Tom's Cabin and To Kill a Mockingbird... I would so wish to buy this book now, there are no copies of it in the library :lol: Kylie, I think you've just bought the book but I'm not sure if you've read it already? I think Paula has read it as well and enjoyed it.

Haa! Now I figured it out while I was doing a bit of a Rory Books research. I confused Property with The Lottery, both of which are on Rory's List. You've bought The Lottery Kylie, am I right? I think Paula was also talking about The Lottery :smile2:

So... What do we all think about March? I think that since Abby is still reading GwtW it would be better if we'd postpone reading Kavalier & Clay til she can join us :roll: In the meantime, should we go ahead and try Rebecca or Wuthering Heights or should we wait for a bit?

Edited by frankie

I'd love it if we could do those polls and then we could just vote and read what the majority wants to read, like they always do with the BCF reading circles each month. However, since there aren't that many of us and we sometimes might be keen on reading more than one novel per month the polls might take over the forum? :smile2:

I say we read Wuthering Heights, and I suggest this purely because it's the shortest novel of the two. What say you?

Has anyone started reading Wuthering Heights yet? I haven't, I've been too engrossed in other books lately :D I am reading Rosemary's Baby though, that's on the Rory list as well. I've never seen the movie so I'm not familiar with the story and I have to say I'm really enjoying this one, it's very creepy and spooky!

Haven't got it yet, may try and get it when in town later (what do you think the chances are I come out with a whole pile of books?). I want to finish Pop. Co first anyway.

Well, knowing you're a member of a book forum and like them books as much as the next forum member, the chances are you'll be bringing so many books your arms will be hurting from all the carrying? :D It's still the early days of March and we didn't exactly agree on a deadline so it's all good :lol:

Abby, how's the GwtW coming along?

Abby, how's the GwtW coming along?

*Gulp* Oh, hai Frankie! You look lovely this morning... is that a new perfume? LOOK! Something shiny! *points and then runs off in the other direction to hide*

Its going a bit slow but I'm still working on it. Between work craziness and insurance craziness (yes, I'm still dealing with those bas****s.) I just haven't been finding as much time to read as I usually do. I've read Wurthering Heights and seen the movie so even if I don't get to read it with you guys I'll still be able to throw my 2 cents in. :D

I'm glad you're liking Rosemary's Baby so far. :lol:

*Gulp* Oh, hai Frankie! You look lovely this morning... is that a new perfume? LOOK! Something shiny! *points and then runs off in the other direction to hide*

Ah, glad you noticed I've showered this morning :) I know you've got a lot going on and don't have so much time to read so I totally understand, I just thought I'd check in on your reading. No pressure hun, you know that :D Did you like Wuthering Heights? I've been meaning to read it so long, I'm quite ashamed that I haven't already read such a classic like that :lol:

I'd definitely recommend Rosemary's Baby for anyone who's interested, I think it's quite a compelling read and when I pick it up I never want to put it down. I should be able to finish it soonish.

Ah, glad you noticed I've showered this morning :) I know you've got a lot going on and don't have so much time to read so I totally understand, I just thought I'd check in on your reading. No pressure hun, you know that :D Did you like Wuthering Heights? I've been meaning to read it so long, I'm quite ashamed that I haven't already read such a classic like that :lol:

I'd definitely recommend Rosemary's Baby for anyone who's interested, I think it's quite a compelling read and when I pick it up I never want to put it down. I should be able to finish it soonish.

What I have read of GwtW is very good so far. I have to admit, I'm sooo tempted to just rent the movie so I can just see what happens :(

I really love Wurthering Heights, it is one of my favorite books and movies. the story is so beautiful and the characters are just so well written and complex. I'm terrible at writing reviews, sorry. I have a good feeling you are going to like it.

What I have read of GwtW is very good so far. I have to admit, I'm sooo tempted to just rent the movie so I can just see what happens :D

Noooooo! Don't do it! I haven't seen it yet myself, so you must wait for me :lol:

I really love Wurthering Heights, it is one of my favorite books and movies. the story is so beautiful and the characters are just so well written and complex. I'm terrible at writing reviews, sorry. I have a good feeling you are going to like it.

I also think it's going to be one of those books I'll really like :( I just need to get reading is all :)

I plan on starting Wuthering Heights in the next couple of days. My reading has been going really slowly lately. I'm reading a short young adult book and it's already taken me days to read 80 pages. :D

I'm glad you're enjoying Rosemary's Baby, Frankie. I might have to bump that up my TBR pile. I think I've got the movie around somewhere too, although I've never watched it before so I don't know the story either.

I'm glad you're enjoying Rosemary's Baby, Frankie. I might have to bump that up my TBR pile. I think I've got the movie around somewhere too, although I've never watched it before so I don't know the story either.

It's only good that you haven't seen it before so you don't know what to expect :roll: I hope you enjoy it when you have the chance to read it!

And sorry guys for reading it on my own, I now recall it was on the list of the books we agreed we could all venture together, I just couldn't wait to read it when I happened to notice it in the library :)

I'm now on page 45 of Wuthering Heights and I'm enjoying it. However, as much as I like it, whenever I pick it up I feel I can't remember what happened in the last 10 pages or so and therefore I always need to browse through some of the previous pages to get the plot in my head again. It's rather annoying :cry2:

Please don't apologise for reading it on your own, Frankie! The list is in no way set in stone so you shouldn't feel like you have to wait for us. :)

Sorry you're having trouble with Wuthering Heights. :roll: I'm really enjoying it but I find it a little difficult to keep track of the characters and their relation to one another.

Please don't apologise for reading it on your own, Frankie! The list is in no way set in stone so you shouldn't feel like you have to wait for us. :)

You're right. All you others can still do a group reading on it and I can read something else at that point. The book was just too tempting!

Sorry you're having trouble with Wuthering Heights. :cry2:I'm really enjoying it but I find it a little difficult to keep track of the characters and their relation to one another.

I know what you mean, I had to draw a family tree for myself and I'm still a bit confused. And I'm mixing the surnames Linton and Earnshaw :roll: How is it possible when there aren't that many characters, it was easier to follow all the numerous Russian characters (with Russian names!) in Anna Karenina?!