More football

Lilywhite

There was no footie last weekend. Today U'16's no game....Glendale did and managed to give away sharing a 0-0 in the lasts 5 mins. Only saw second half and apparently they could have had a few in the first half...same old story, not taking chances. Somebody missed a sitter from 5 yards and binned it over the bar!!!! Final score...lost 1-0.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football seems to be a thing a the past here.  A quarter of our pitch is underwater and one of our floodlight brackets has completely buckled in the storms.  The forecasters say that there isn't going to be any let up in the next week either. It's just one massive storm after another at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, some real football action.  Today we managed an epic 6-3 win in the Quarter Final of the Cornwall Senior Cup with not a drop of rain to be seen! :D

Edited by Sedge

Great win Sedge...on to the next round with winning ways I hope.

Andy had a bit of disaster last night, playing indoor footie and took a ball to the chin, which someone dislocated his left jaw, it felt weird when he got home then thought it had gone back in to place....we got it checked out at hospital but after eventually being seen after an hour suggested that he come back in the morning for an xray. We did that but he ended up not needing one as the doctor assessing it reckoned that he had put it back in to place himself somehow after it happened. Just to take it easy for 3-4 days, no contact sports etc. Ibuprofen to help swelling if any, but to be honest looks ok. He says he can clench his back teeth again, which he was worried he couldn't do last night. If he has an bother with it, like it starts to sound a bit squeaky to go back. Hopefully he won't need to.

Footie was on this weekend...Andy was coaching and not playing....Glendale beat again...3-2...U'16's had a good game, coming from 2-0 down after 10 mins, had a better 2nd half but couldn't quite get a point...so close with a result of 4-3...a case of nearly. They had a goal disallowed which was a shame.

Weather was good over the weekend too despite having had a soggy week.

They're getting closer Inver.

We managed to reach the quarter-finals of our other major cup competition with a great 4-1 win tonight.  Our league form isn't quite up to scratch (last Saturday's match was a 1-0 defeat), but maybe 2 cup finals could be on the horizon? :smile:

Good cup run for you so far then. Andy has the dilemma again tomorrow of to coach or play....his other new assistant coach has other commitments tomorrow...ho hum.

Sunny weather here today, fingers crossed for footie all round.,

Good luck Inver.  We're back in league action today against the team in 11th (we're 10th).  A win here will almost guarantee us a finish in the top half of the table.  Not quite up to the standards of last season's 4th place, but we've still got both cups to enjoy!

Dilema sorted itself out....Glendale had no game due to lack of a ref, so he happily got to manage/coach the U'16's. They put up a brave fight against near top of the leaguers and only lost 2-0. Their goalie got a knee to the head though and we think he was slightly concussed and taken to the hospital to get checked, but seems to be OK as is now at home.

Pardew will be watching from the stands for a while. I still can't quite get my head round why he headbutted (even if it was a pathetic one) a player. It gets hard to defend football as a sport when the participants act in this way.

I did wonder why Alan Pardew was trending on Twitter higher than Russia and Ukraine!

The mighty St Austell managed a 5-1 win this afternoon, so now there's clear air between us and the next team down. :smile:

I personally think the whole Alan Pardew thing has been blown way out of proportion, there was no headbutt, it was the kind of thing players do to each other week in week out. Yes it was silly and not setting a good example to the players but the fact he could get a 10 game ban or even these pathetic 'experts' saying he should get the sack is just ridiculous!! 3 match ban would suffice!

I personally think the whole Alan Pardew thing has been blown way out of proportion, there was no headbutt, it was the kind of thing players do to each other week in week out. Yes it was silly and not setting a good example to the players but the fact he could get a 10 game ban or even these pathetic 'experts' saying he should get the sack is just ridiculous!! 3 match ban would suffice!

I wonder what you'd be saying if, say, Ferguson or Mourinho or Wenger had done it to a Newcastle player.  Be honest! 

Id probably be saying the exact same thing, it was handbags!! My whole point was that its been blown up to be bigger then it actually was! Theres nothing wrong with a bit of passion & agression in football without going over the top obviously. And anyway if it was one of the above that done it to a Newcastle player i wouldnt be shouting about them getting the sack or 10 game bans, thats just going too far!

I think the thing that annoys a lot of the public is that had I done that at work I'd get arrested and almost certainly lose my job. Sportsmen from all manner of sports are often excused this kind of behavior. No matter now, the FA will deal with it as they see fit and they don't exactly have a history of being consistent with these matters, anything could happen.

So Andy and Glendale had a game today as did the U'16's. A loss of 4-0 for the 16's but played reasonably well, and the score as per normal doesn't reflect the effort put in.

Glendale actually won today....4-2...hoorah...long time coming have to say. Maybe because we weren't there today! Also Scottish cup matches played today. Raith Rovers v St Johnstone....bit of a conflict though...hubby and I support Rovers and Andy StJ....unfortunately it went in StJ favour...they won 3-1 and we are oot o the cup.

I reckon Glendale will go on a charge now Inver - good stuff!

We dropped 2 points thanks to conceding an injury time equaliser yesterday.  Some of the lads seemed a but tentative.  I think they were afraid of picking up an injury before Tuesday's huge Cup Semi-Final.

Edited by Sedge