More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think about Chelsea's result? Wasn't too bad but they seem on edge with all the Cole and Terry drama recently. Cole and Cech are pretty big losses, but we've had a makeshift defence for at least a quarter of the season, so it's fair!

What do you think about Chelsea's result? Wasn't too bad but they seem on edge with all the Cole and Terry drama recently. Cole and Cech are pretty big losses, but we've had a makeshift defence for at least a quarter of the season, so it's fair!

I think they will be happy with the result, they have an away goal which is always a bonus. Cech will be a loss no doubt but if they want to prove they are a great team then they should be able to patch up and make do like United have done all season.

I think it will be a tight game, Villa are a great side and we have very little rhythm this season and still struggling with injuries. I think we will win it, but it will be a close game and possibly extra time, I think City was the biggest game of this tournament for us as we practically destroyed their season :D But this one has the prize at the end, so if they can get theirselves psyched for it, we have a huge chance of retaining it.

It would be funny :D

They could make the excuse of Tevez going awol, but if you look at how many first team players we've had out, it's crazy, we dealt with that crisis well, whereas they didn't. Now if Rooney got injured it might be a different story, I'm still not confident at all in getting the wins without him, Owen doesn't get even close to enough game time, Berbatov doesn't impose himself and Diouf is still a bit of an unknown quality. I don't see the harm in letting Owen and Diouf get more pitch time.

I'd give Owen a start over Berbatov any time, at least Owen moves and chases the ball, might take some of the pressure off Rooney, he is bound to feel it. Then again Sir Alex hasn't been the manager there for 25 years for nothing, he knows his players, he must see something in Berbatov that everyone else has missed. Either that or old age has finally sent him mad. Good news on the Anderson front though, he is out for the rest of the season, hopefully we'll get rid of him during the summer and never have to look at him in a United shirt again. Him and his crazy shots.

I think Berbatov and Owen have played well together, Ferguson says the problem is that Owen and Rooney play in the same area, which I don't see. Maybe he's using Owen sporadically this year and next year when he's fully settled and got his fitness back, looking for him to prove his place on the pitch, otherwise I have no idea what his problem with starting him is, what more can the guy do??

Good news on the Anderson front though, he is out for the rest of the season, hopefully we'll get rid of him during the summer and never have to look at him in a United shirt again. Him and his crazy shots.

:D

I don't know about Anderson. He can look brilliant and is full of energy but what he does with it is almost as frustrating as Nani messing about with the ball and getting nowhere. We paid a ridiculous amount for him, Nani, Hargreaves and Berbatov, people laugh at Benitez, but unless this lot proves something by the end of next season, Ferguson won't be applauded for these four players. Nani has got his act together a little and looks almost

I think the Berbatov situation is very similar to Veron, brilliant players but not in the right system. Forlan is unfortunately a great striker, just not for us apparently, Taibi is terrible, the less said about him, the better.

Anyone watching the Chelsea v Man City game? Wayne Bridge walked past Terry without shaking his hand at the start.

Bridge is a total media 'lady of the night' imo and is loving all this, he's probably hoping for a book deal. He's a professional footballer and has thrown away his chance to play in the world cup, something every football player and fan on earth dreams of doing; and for what? because someone else slept with his ex girlfriend. What a clown.

If he cared about getting past this and showing people how much he was bothered about all this media attention, he would go and have a great world cup, get his career moving again and cement his place down ahead of that other idiot but great footballer, Ashley Cole.

It had to happen one day - St Austell have suffered their first defeat since 31st October. Penryn beat us 1-0 in the Cornwall Senior Cup Quarter Final, so we have to give the cup back.:friends0:

We'll just have to make do with two trophies this season!

Thats Aaron Ramsey finished for a couple of seasons that was not pretty.

I find all the players standing round him crying like babies darkly funny though, he has broken his leg and will receive probably the best treatment from some of the best Dr's in the world! How would these players react in Afghanistan if one of their mates leg was blown clean off by an AK-47?

Bunch of jessies.

You can eat at the ritz every night but sometimes you just fancy a McDonalds :friends0:

:D I've never heard it put like that before

We went to the Leicester City v Nottingham Forest match. We were expecting a no score draw, but ended up winning 3 - 0 :lol:

That was a great result for Newcastle too, anything to keep Forest further and further away. Speaking of Newcastle - another win today :friends0: