More football

Lilywhite

My aunties season tickets are really high up (obviously not in the away part though) and its awful sitting there because there's no barriers or railings to hold on. If you lose your bearings for a minute you feel like you're going to fall :D

Glad they enjoyed it Inver :smile2: I love the stadium, from the outside and inside it's really well done.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the nosebleed seats, i only ever sat in them once, my first time at Old Trafford, i hardly remember any of the match i was feeling too dizzy and ill :D

I used to get dizzy sitting in the raised stand they used to have at the Vetch Field, which is probably not even half the height/incline of the ones you get today :smile2:

If I went to a game and 'seats in the gods' were the only option I'd go home:lol:

I think thats more of a Leicester thing than a championship thing, watch swansea vs cardiff on saturday to see how the game should be played :smile2:

Who do you think will win on Saturday?

We are heading up to Scotland to see my b/f's parents so he is taking me to see Kilmarnock v Aberdeen which I think may be even worse that Leicester :D He is an Aberdeen fan and hasn't seen them play in ages.

We are heading up to Scotland to see my b/f's parents so he is taking me to see Kilmarnock v Aberdeen which I think may be even worse that Leicester :exc: He is an Aberdeen fan and hasn't seen them play in ages.

The way Aberdeen have been going, he will probably see them get beat. (Me being a Raith Rovers fan tell him...lol)

Rangers got beat by St Johnstone.

:yahoo: my boy Andy is happy....oh yeh...the score 4-1 St J and that takes them 4 pts above Aberdeen....:lurker:

It shows how much the British love their football.

It shows how easy it has been for Rupert Murdoch to take advantage of the national game too.

There are thousands of absolute diehard fans who 20-30 years ago would have followed their team such as Man Utd, Liverpool, Swansea, Leicester etc. to the ends of the earth, who these days will not go near the ground because of prices and the enforcement of all seater stadia which some will argue has gone someway to ruining the atmosphere at games; I cant see what difference it makes personally.

There is an argument that following lower league teams is actually more entertaining and more of a true supporting experience, which I actually think holds some weight. There is something special about watching your team on a cold Saturday in the rain with 4,000 fans whilst the glory hunters are in the pubs watching premier league highlights.

Man Utd have spawned their own 'lesser' team pretty much for those reasons as I understand it.

Football used to be the working mans pleasure, now the top grounds are full of executive boxes, etc. etc. and the everyday ordinary minimum wage working man simply cant afford to go.

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

Yeah, I went to a game at Fulham when I was travelling over there a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe how much it cost. Incredible prices for sporting events. People just wouldn't turn up over here.

Yeah, I went to a game at Fulham when I was travelling over there a couple of years ago and I couldn't believe how much it cost. Incredible prices for sporting events. People just wouldn't turn up over here.

I totally agree with you, the massive hike in prices seen over the last 10-15 years has totally changed the face of football. It used to be somewhere a group of ordinary working lads would go on a Saturday afternoon to enjoy themselves.

Now the bigger games especially are somewhere big execs take their clients to be wined and dined.

You have to bare in mind that the prices quoted on here are for relatively obscure teams in the Championship, to see the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd will cost you triple, it's crazy.

Bring back the 70's and 80's! :lurker:

I totally agree with you, the massive hike in prices seen over the last 10-15 years has totally changed the face of football. It used to be somewhere a group of ordinary working lads would go on a Saturday afternoon to enjoy themselves.

Now the bigger games especially are somewhere big execs take their clients to be wined and dined.

You have to bare in mind that the prices quoted on here are for relatively obscure teams in the Championship, to see the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd will cost you triple, it's crazy.

Bring back the 70's and 80's! :lurker:

Yeah I know. I remember Chelski-Arsenal was on when I was in London. I checked out the price and couldn't believe it. One ticket would have cost me more than the price of a season ticket for my rugby league team over here.

Fingers crossed. One of the Cardiff players (Burke I think?) was having a tantrum when they played Leicester!

Yea they dont like it up em Cardiff, dirty, nasty little team. Universally hated just the same as Leeds & Millwall causing trouble wherever they go.

You should see the police when they come to Swansea, it's unbelievable.

I'm still laughing at one of their players around this time last year being quoted in one of the welsh papers saying 'I want to be on a beach in Spain come May not playing in the playoffs' meaning that he was very confident of going up automatic. Well he had his wish anyway he was free in May :lurker:

" 'Ref-mobile to be introduced into football'

SAM ALLARDYCE last night gave the thumbs up to an amazing 'ref-mobile'.

The Blackburn boss believes the motorised two-wheeler will keep referees up to speed with the game's fastest players.

Football authorities have been secretly testing the Segways - and they will be used in the Blue Square Premier next season.

With players like Theo Walcott, Gabby Agbonlahor and Aaron Lennon capable of incredible speeds, it is hoped this new innovation will help refs keep up.

refs to keep up with them for a full 90 minutes, so this gives them a real edge.

"We can no longer say the referee was nowhere near the incident because, with this, he will be.

"Finally refs and managers are listening to each other."

Top referee Mark Halsey said: "Not only does the innovation help referees keep right up with play it will also mean older, more experienced refs will not be lost to the game.

"It's easy to move it round the pitch.

"This could be the biggest move forward in refereeing yet."

If the experiment works in non-league, the idea will be put forward to UEFA for it to be introduced all over Europe.

The suggestion came up at a brainstorming meeting between refs and managers at the start of the season.

Invented in New Jersey in the USA, Segway personal transporters can travel at up to 12.5mph and are easily manoeuvrable with just a slight sway of the body in the direction you want to move in.

The next meeting of the UEFA Refereeing Congress is a year today."

Taken from The Sun. What you reckon? innocent0009.gif