Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Bookbarn today (some poor kid was trapped in the lift. :smile2: He got out before I left, thankfully!) and I bought The Chrysalids by John Wyndham (I managed to get it in an old cover (from the 80s) that matches my copies of The Day of the Triffids and The Kraken Wakes :yahoo: )

My amazon basket (which I will order tomorrow since I know have money :smile2:) consists of:

*His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman

*The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

*The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stied Larsson

*The Heretics Daughter by Kathleen Kent

*Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

All of which amounts to

Finished Moral Disorder this evening - finally! Need to contemplate before writing review.

Picked up two books from the library yesterday, and both were brand new, never been loaned out before so it'll be just like reading my own copy :lol:

Bought a couple of books in Waterstone's, and those will have to be my last for a few months I think - may try and save some pennies for a while, so that when I've reduced the TBR shelves I've got a little pot to dip into and buy some lovely new books :lol:

I finished 'The Possession Of Mr. Cave' by Matt Haig tonight.

It is such a powerful read I feel quite drained now. It is the story of a father's descent into paternal madness made possible through his intense grief, guilt and tragic childhood.

This was a book recommended and reviewed by Weave, and I'm not sure whether to thank her or make her promise to never mention books to me again! Such a read, such a remarkable book.

To have read this following 'Therapy' by Sebastian Fitzek, the story of another grief stricken father the impact has been a little overwhelming.

I finsihed Sherlock Holmes and the Brighton Pavilion Mystery by Val Andrews this evening. Think Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel is next because it is a very in-demand library book

I bought The Chrysalids by John Wyndham (I managed to get it in an old cover (from the 80s) that matches my copies of The Day of the Triffids and The Kraken Wakes :lol: )

Yay for buying matching editions! And even better that you managed to find such an old edition.

Nice haul Frankie! I didn't know you were a fan of Golden Retrievers. I would love to get a dog one day, and it's very likely it would be a GR. Although I was watching Gilmore Girls last night and Paul Anka is just adorable. :)

I'm 50 or so pages into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's quite enjoyable so far, and I don't even think the story has really gotten going yet!

Yesterday I received my LibraryThing Early Reviewers copy of After the Fireworks by Aldous Huxley.

I also pulled everything out of the box to put together my new bookcase, then realised I don't have a hammer (and I'd just gotten home from the hardware shop :D).

Nice haul Frankie! I didn't know you were a fan of Golden Retrievers. I would love to get a dog one day, and it's very likely it would be a GR. Although I was watching Gilmore Girls last night and Paul Anka is just adorable.

I'm a fan of all dogs (although not that keen on poodles and terriers) but Labrador Retrievers are my favorite breed, they are such happy-go-lucky, funny and silly creatures! They are the hippie breed of dogs :) I think GR is another excellent choice Kylie! :D

Aww Paul Anka... But why would Lorelai get a dog? I've never figured it out.

I'm 50 or so pages into The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's quite enjoyable so far, and I don't even think the story has really gotten going yet!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!! I bought this for my Mum this Xmas but unfortunately she didn't start reading this one (so I could've borrowed it and read it myself =P), she went for the Chelsea Cain book instead. Will have to borrow it later. (I hate the English title, it's so confusing and I'm never going to learn the right order of the trilogy. It's Men who hate women both in Swedish and Finnish)

Still reading Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts. I'm going to head back to Joensuu in two hours and will continue reading it on the bus.