Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just finished The Mermaid's Purse by Katy Gardner. Really enjoyed it actually :friends0: Think I'm going to try Sherlock Holmes and the Brighton Pavilion Mystery by Val Andrews next

I've made some good progress on Moral Disorder today, plus I've collected two book reservations from the library.

Also found out Mark Kermode has a book out in a few weeks called It's Only A Movie which is now top of my wishlist (but only as I've removed Shades of Grey as I'm going to the bookshop to get it tomorrow :smile2:)

Was in town today and just had to visit the local bookshops, well you have to don't ya? :yahoo:

Bought:

Lover Revealed ~ J R Ward

Lover Unbound ~ J R Ward

Lover Enshrined ~ J R Ward

A Touch Of Dead ~ Charlaine Harris

I also got a copy of Bitten by Kelley Armstrong for a friend of mine and when I arrived home the postman had delivered Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris from Heather in the bookring. Happy days! :smile2:

Read the last 200 or so pages of When True Night Falls - BRILLIANT book! Can't wait to get onto the third now - this is already one of my all time favourites series.

I have heard the ending is a bit at odds with the rest of the story, so I'm a little worried, but we'll see!

I am now into chapter 2 of Bitten by Kelley Armstrong and loving it!

Philip is so dreamy!

I'm plotting a shopping trip to Barnes and Noble in a little bit. Not quite sure what to buy yet but I'll be going over my lists and allow myself a budget of 3 books. :smile2:

Another couple of chapters read of Eclipse....bit back and forward and not much happening at the moment. I assume it will pick up!:smile2:

Probably not. :yahoo: Sorry, I was underwhelmed with it really.

I am now into chapter 2 of Bitten by Kelley Armstrong and loving it!

Philip is so dreamy!

I'm SOOOO glad you're enjoying this one! I hope it lives up to your expectations. :D

I finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy this morning - an excellent read - and have started on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

I also did a little reorganising of my bookshelves and removed all of the non-fiction books as I've decided to segregate them from the fiction. It's a bit tricky though because, for example, Bill Bryson is non-fiction, but for some reason I can't bring myself to move his books. :smile2:

I also removed a whole lot of books to give away and I ended up giving a good chunk of them to my ex so that will reduce my TBR pile a little. :D

And I went to IKEA and bought another large bookcase to put downstairs so I can move some of my non-fiction books down there and keep the upstairs bookcase for fiction. Yay! I have a lot more room now. :yahoo:

Tomorrow I'll rearrange my books to fill the new gaps and I'll probably put together my bookcase. I believe my LibraryThing Early Reviewers book has arrived at my parents' place, so I'll also duck over there and pick it up.

I finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy this morning - an excellent read - and have started on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

I also did a little reorganising of my bookshelves and removed all of the non-fiction books as I've decided to segregate them from the fiction. It's a bit tricky though because, for example, Bill Bryson is non-fiction, but for some reason I can't bring myself to move his books. :smile2:

I also removed a whole lot of books to give away and I ended up giving a good chunk of them to my ex so that will reduce my TBR pile a little. :D

And I went to IKEA and bought another large bookcase to put downstairs so I can move some of my non-fiction books down there and keep the upstairs bookcase for fiction. Yay! I have a lot more room now. :yahoo:

Tomorrow I'll rearrange my books to fill the new gaps and I'll probably put together my bookcase. I believe my LibraryThing Early Reviewers book has arrived at my parents' place, so I'll also duck over there and pick it up.

Well done Kylie :friends0:I am really pleased you enjoyed 'The Road', it was an excellent read :D

Thanks Weave (I've almost typed Gyre so many times :yahoo:. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.) It was certainly an interesting journey and the ending wasn't too bad either.

You can call what you want Kylie :smile2: I liked the ending too :D