Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read about 120 pages of The Shoe Queen by Anna Davis today, and I'm so pleased ii recommended it, as I absolutely adore it so far! Will try and finish it this evening if I can.

I'm reading Can't Be Arsed 101 Things not to do before you die by Richard Wilson. It's pretty funny so far.

I got that for Christmas! Good to hear it's funny so I can look forward to reading it now :)

Is this book any good? I've read some of her books and ive been debating about whether to buy this one or not....Let me know your thoughts on it :)

You can read all my thoughts on books read this year on my review thread :lol:

I finished Tess Gerritsen - Girl Missing last night, then I started Dean Koontz - The Taking :D

Finished Dime Store Magic today! :) Need to go collect my thoughts and post a review now...

Can't wait to read what you thought of it! :D

I finished The Vanished Man and am now on to Undead And Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson :lol:

A sad day for reading for me today. Grabbed 10 minutes in my lunch break to read a few pages of 'Let the Right One In' (currently reading lots of vampire novels)

This was one of my favourite books of last year jankensan, I hope you're enjoying it too! :)

Only 70 pages left of Stolen, but I have a really bad Ear infection, I am struggling to read it, even though I am enjoying it.

Aww so sorry to hear you have an ear infection, they're horrible! I hope it eases soon catwoman :):lol:

I am pleased you are liking Stolen in the end though ;)

I've not had time to read today (reviewing documents for work really doesn't count!) so am just off to bed to read another chapter of 'Belching Out The Devil' by Mark Thomas - all about The Coca Cola company and very interesting reading so far.

Ohhhhh, that does sound good

Weel, I finally managed to find some proper time to read the very short 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury. I read this years ago, and had almost completely forgotten the text. It was good to read it again, although I still have a ghostly shiver of "Oh dear, some of this is too close to home society wise!".

I am pondering what to read next, as I have too much from which to choose. I love being able to say that! :lol:

I just finished Fahrenheit 451 too. For such a short read, it sure took me a long time, but I kept getting distracted by other books.

I'll be concentrating solely on Ella Minnow Pea now.

I am pondering what to read next, as I have too much from which to choose. I love being able to say that!
I agree :lol: it's hard to explain to the non-biblioholic, though. If I return home with new books, OH will say 'but you've got a shelf-ful of them already', and I need to explain how it's all a matter of choice - if I only had one book on Mount TBR, it would inevitably never be the book I want to read when I finish the one I'm working on the time. You wouldn't have a DVD collection made up of a single film you haven't seen, would you now?!

I read over 120 pages last night, hello mojo! Planning to finish that book (Black Sun Rising) tonight and start the second in the trilogy (When True Night Falls) tonight/tomorrow. Still also reading through my Oscar Wilde book, which I'm nearly finished.

Ohhhhh, that does sound good

I agree that does!

As for me well, I could not get an appointment with the doctor but she did call and there will be a perscrition waiting for me. Whooo Hooo :lol:. I stll had to go up the village anyway as my copy of Stolen had to go back today as it was already a day late. So I went to the coffee shop and finished it. I LOVED IT! Finally I know what all the fuss is about ;)

I looked in the charity shops and I found no books, a first for me I think. I did however pick up a couple Horrible Histories magazines for my kids.

Not sure what to start next, due to not feeling well I think I will start with a easy and fairly quick book; I am going to start Witch Child by Celia Rees. It is only 235 pages long with pretty big writing! So I think this is going to be a real quick read! :)