Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading Eclipse again but my mum managed to get out to the bookshop and bought me Evermore by Alyson Noel, so i am goin to start it.

Ooooo, I want to read this one so I can't wait to hear what you think Kookie.

:D Enjoy!

Like kookie said, I did manage to get out! My clever hubby got the car up the lane at last, yay! It's absolutely baltic here, -11 degrees C, but at least now have stocked up and more importantly, I got to bookshops!! :roll:

Went to Waterstone's and bought:

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson

Dark Lover by J.R.Ward

The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent

Went around the charity shops too but there wasn't much I fancied, and any that I did were in a really bad state. I did manage to find Labyrinth by Kate Mosse though, which was lucky as I got Sepulchre by the same author before xmas in the same shop. They were actually having a sale so I got not one, but two copies, both in excellent order for 95p!! I couldn't make up my mind which one to take, so I got the other copy for my friend :jump:

As I have just said I want to read Evermore and The Heretic's daughter, and Dark Lover! God damn you!!!!

I am am looking forward to hearing what you think of Undead and Unwed.

When you told about Pedro the plant I immediately thought of Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite :roll: What an awesome movie :D I hope peacefield has seen it.

I got Helter Skelter today. I'm already really spooked, just by holding the book. Yikes!!

(I also went completely berserk at the stores and bought Gilmore Girls season 1 and La Femme Nikita season 1 :D)

Edit: Wow Charm, you already got The Heretic's Daughter, me jealous!

Oh wow! You have been spoked by Helter Skelter?! Jeepers! Well I hope you enjoy the book however spooked you may become!

Went around the charity shops too but there wasn't much I fancied, and any that I did were in a really bad state. I did manage to find Labyrinth by Kate Mosse though, which was lucky as I got Sepulchre by the same author before xmas in the same shop. They were actually having a sale so I got not one, but two copies, both in excellent order for 95p!! I couldn't make up my mind which one to take, so I got the other copy for my friend :D

I hope you like them, Charm! I read them both on consecutive summer holidays and enjoyed them as a light read with good page turning plots. :D

I had intended to read right now on my lunch break but when I opened my purse to get out the book I realized that I had forgotten to pack it! :roll: No reading today

Awfully bad luck :roll:

Peace, the Dude :D That's a great one! I hope your real-life Leon resembles the actor :D

Catwoman I'm sure I'll enjoy it :D May need to keep all the lights on in the apartment though, when I'm reading this :jump:

As for Book Activity right now, I can't decide whether to read and have a nice quiet night in, or to go for a few drinks with friends. It's -20 degrees so that would definitely suggest me staying at home...

It's probably just a different cover with same brill read. I hope you enjoy it, I must get that book soon as well! Good job getting it on a discount

That's just it, I'd already bought the undiscounted one! I'm sure you're right though, probably just a different cover.

It's a true crime novel about the Manson murders! Only a book that I've been dying to own and read for many many months now!

Oooh I shall look forward to hearing what you think of that, sounds very interesting!

I'm jealous too about Heretic's Daughter, Charm! I hope to read that one this year for sure..

I'm sure you will peacefield and I hope we both enjoy it!

Oh, and sometimes I call my car 'The Dude' after the Big Lebowski . My car guy however is named Leon and is very dreamy, so I like that name too .

My car is an actual Leon, a Seat Leon, we just call it 'The Leon'. Not very original I know :D

As I have just said I want to read Evermore and The Heretic's daughter, and Dark Lover! God damn you!!!!.

:jump: Sorry! :roll:

I am am looking forward to hearing what you think of Undead and Unwed.

It's my next read so I'll let you know as soon as I've finished :D

I hope you like them, Charm! I read them both on consecutive summer holidays and enjoyed them as a light read with good page turning plots.

thank you Chesilbeach! I had no idea if they were good or not, they looked good and I liked the covers but it's nice to hear I made a good choice :D

I can't decide whether to read and have a nice quiet night in, or to go for a few drinks with friends. It's -20 degrees so that would definitely suggest me staying at home...

That's a no brainer, stay at home and read girly! Crack open a bottle, put your feet up and stay at home in the heat reading!

Now that I say it, that sounds good! :roll:

I got Helter Skelter today. I'm already really spooked, just by holding the book. Yikes!!

(I also went completely berserk at the stores and bought Gilmore Girls season 1 and La Femme Nikita season 1 :lol:)

Great purchases, Frankie! :blush: I've officially added Helter Skelter to my wish list. I can't wait to see if you think it's as scary to read as it is to hold!

I've read the second part of Fahrenheit 451 and as much as I want to keep going with it, I also really want to get back to Dead Until Dark. I should really stop reading two books at once!

Read a couple more chapters of Under The Dome, thankfully it is picking up, as i knew it would.

That's just it, I'd already bought the undiscounted one! I'm sure you're right though, probably just a different cover.

Oh ********, I'd figured you'd gotten the discount version!

That's a no brainer, stay at home and read girly! Crack open a bottle, put your feet up and stay at home in the heat reading!

Well... let's say tomorrow I'll probably wish I'd done exactly that :lol::blush:

Kylie, nice to see you've added Helter Skelter on your wishlist ;) I must say, having read that other thread, I totally understand your feelings about that Mark Chapham book. Like totally. But I'm not a Beatles fan meself so I hope you don't blame me for being so curious about that book :lol:

Book activity tonight: I met a guy at a bar tonight and asked him which books he'd read recently, and he mentioned Chuck Palahniuk, which is his favorite author. Nicola will be pleased! I found out he's an English major at my uni and we talked about our English lit course books. He raved about Heart of Darkness! I told him to read A Tale of Two Cities and Running With Scissors. He wrote the titles down on his cell phone :lol: I wish I'd seen him later because I would've recommended him The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time as well.

Yay for book conversations with random people! I sometimes see people on public transport reading books that I've enjoyed or want to read. I might try to pluck up the courage to talk to someone this year.

I've read 50 pages of Dead Until Dark and am hoping to get through another 50 today.

Poor Gran :blush:

And Frankie, I don't blame you at all for being curious about the book. I have to admit I'm quite interested myself and may try to put aside my prejudice against 'him' to read it.

I finally had some time to read and so I read another 80 pages of Stolen and I am finally getting into it and it is starting to grow on me. I am finally liking Elena. The plot is good. so yeah finally I can kind of see what the fuss is about with this series. :blush:

Kylie I'm so glad you're enjoying Dead Until Dark!! :lol:

And Frankie, I don't blame you at all for being curious about the book. I have to admit I'm quite interested myself and may try to put aside my prejudice against 'him' to read it.

I know it must be hard on you, not wanting to read him or buy the book because you don't want him to get any attention, but still being curious about that book nonetheless. Especially as The Beatles is the thing for you :blush: I wish I'd never brought up the subject =/

I'm going to have a lovely quiet day today, I'm thinking I'll even switch off my cell phone and just enjoy a little TV and books :lol: I think I'll be able to finish Too Close to Home today, unless I get too tired and doze off.

Catwoman: Such great news about you finally enjoying Stolen!! :lol:

I know it must be hard on you, not wanting to read him or buy the book because you don't want him to get any attention, but still being curious about that book nonetheless. Especially as The Beatles is the thing for you :blush: I wish I'd never brought up the subject =/

I'm going to have a lovely quiet day today, I'm thinking I'll even switch off my cell phone and just enjoy a little TV and books :lol: I think I'll be able to finish Too Close to Home today, unless I get too tired and doze off.

Aww, no! I'm glad you brought it up, really! I do have a morbid curiosity about it all.

Enjoy your day Frankie! I hate it when I'm reading a really good book but just can't keep my eyes open. :lol:

I'm currently wasting my reading time trying to sort out what books I want to buy with my gift vouchers. Gosh, it's such a dilemma!

I started Bloodlust and Initiation last night by Alex Duval, it's the first two vampire beach novels in one book and I have already finished the Bloodlust book which is very good going for me - I really enjoyed it so think I will make a start on the Initiation book later on :blush: