Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read around 250 pages of Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz, in total today, which is pretty good going and it's rapidly turning into one of the best Alex Rider instalments yet.

So glad to hear you're enjoying BOE, Catwoman! I can never get enough Fforde :). I have The Fourth Bear on my TBR shelf, so hopefully will get to it soon.

I wasn't home much today so the reading I did in bed this morning has been my only effort so far. I'll do more though tonight before I nod off :).

These two seem to be calling to me :)The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini or The First Casualty - Ben Elton, both authors are new to me. :lol:

thank you :lol: I`ve got A Thousand Splendid Suns on the shelf as well, maybe I`ll go for that one! :)

Oh Pip! You have some great books ahead.. These were both so wonderful, IMO. I'm very excited for you. :)

I hope to get a few pages read before I go to bed.. probably start reading more of The Help in half an our so I'll have about an hr of reading time before time to sleep. :D

Read about 90 pages of Kiss Of Evil last night and it does seems good. It's keeping my mojo happy, which is always a good thing! :)

Glad to hear that your Mojo is back.

I am still not really getting the time to read, yet I will be reading tonight. So I am hoping to finish the book off As tomorrow I can take back three books at the library which is good as I have these three to pick up. :)

Betrayed by P.C. Cast & Kirstin Cast

Fever of the Bone - Val McDermid

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater

The copy of 'Fahrenheit 451' I had ordered ages ago finally arrived today! Phew! :)

I'll make a start on it tonight and hopefully ignore the world enough tomorrow morning so I can finish it and join in this month's Reading Circle discussions.

I'm still making slow progress with The Silver Chair but I hope to finish it tomorrow so I can start on Fahrenheit 451.

I gave my friend several books for his birthday today, including Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so I guess that counts as book activity. And I went to a bookshop but was very well-behaved and came away empty-handed. However, I just noticed that my favourite bookshop is selling the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for half price this month, so guess where I'll be going tomorrow? :)

Oh, and I've spent the last few days organising all of my ebooks, which were in a huge mess on my hard drive. It feels like quite an achievement to have finished!

Really? I found Misery very fluent and easy to get through! I have read it three times though, so maybe I am just used to the prose by now.

I finished the short story 'Secret Window, Secret Garden' by Stephen King and am now a couple of chapters into 'Under the Dome'. Mixed feelings so far! The opening was okay, i disliked the first chapter, it just didn't seem to mean much. I feel it will start to pick up now, the next section is more lively and vintage King :)

I had the most wonderful trip to my favorite secondhand bookstore today :) I stayed for over an hour, I found a lot of Swedish and German books in the English lit section and put them to their right sections, which made a lot of room in the English section so I could nicely do a little rearranging. Now it's all nice and organised :) The last time I went there I bought C. J. Sansom's Dissolution and had to leave the three other books in the series there because no matter how much I wanted them, I couldn't just buy 4 books in a series I've never read. But now I've heard from some of you guys that the series is great and I was so pleased to find the books still there in the store! So all in all, I got me these:

- C. J. Sansom: Dark Fire

- C. J. Sansom: Sovereign

- C. J. Sansom: Revelation

- John Fowles: The Magus (which is in 1001 Books You Must Read but which also sounded like a really fascinating read in it's own right)

- Jane Harris: The Observations (the blurb was really interesting)

I'm a happy puppy!! :lol:

I'm hoping to finish The Virgin in the Ice today, I've grown tired of it and wanted to start something completely different.

I have finished part one of Rebecca's Tale. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is the best book I read in 2009 so I thought Rebecca's Tale would be a good book to start on in 2010 and I'm really enjoying it. It's really good to revisit the old places and characters and it is written so well that I keep forgetting it isn't written my Du Maurier herself!

I have finished part one of Rebecca's Tale. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is the best book I read in 2009 so I thought Rebecca's Tale would be a good book to start on in 2010 and I'm really enjoying it. It's really good to revisit the old places and characters and it is written so well that I keep forgetting it isn't written my Du Maurier herself!

I took this book out of the library just before Christmas but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I loved Rebecca and re-read it last year - it was such a delight again. I then read Mrs De Winter by Susan Hill which I also thoroughly enjoyed. I'm glad you are enjoying Rebecca's Tale - I'll have to make a start soon before I have to take it back/renew it.

I bought two more books yesterday with my voucher (3 for 2 actually) so that

Although I'm supposed to be reading Moral Disorder at the moment, it wouldn't fit in my bag for work because it's a hardback, so I took Murder Most Fab by Julian Clary with me for my lunchtime reading. I love it already, and suspect it might take precedence over Moral Disorder this evening! :)

Added to that, I collected my reserved book from the library, Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, and I'm itching to start that as well now. :)