What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. It meandered a bit for me towards the end, and didn't seem quite as funny, but it was good enough to check out more in the Discworld series. :)

I just started One For The Money by Janet Evanovich, and I am not impressed so far. I get all the New Jersey jokes, because I was raised there, but the humor is very low-brow and not to my taste. This may turn out to be one of those rare books that I will not finish. I will read at least 100 pages, though.

Finished The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. It meandered a bit for me towards the end, and didn't seem quite as funny, but it was good enough to check out more in the Discworld series. :)

Although I liked this one well enough, I don't consider it one of his best, so if you enjoyed it, you are in for a right treat with the others! :irked:

In Waterstones I got:

The Winter Ghosts - Kate Mosse

The Picture Of Dorian Gray - this edition (I couldn't resist, it was all on it's lonesome and it's gorgeous!)

In the I.C.S. charity shop I got:

Light On Snow - Anita Shreve

Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow - Peter Hoeg

I is a happee bunnee :)

That's a gorgeous copy of Dorian, Nollaig. :)

I felt so guilty! The guy behind the counter was like, 'it's a stunning edition isn't it?' and I said, 'Yup, and I shouldn't be buying it because I have the book but it's too pretty to resist!'

I needed a new hardback reading copy anyway, my Norton isn't something I'd want to heft around with me, my 1925 is partically in a glass case and my leatherbound one stays in it's box.

I finished After the Quake, by Haruki Murakami this evening - a wonderful piece of writing.

Murakami is fast becoming my favourite author.

Glad to hear this, as have this months reading circle book arriving in the next few days. Might have to make it my next book to read.

I finished reading 'The Boy Who Loved Anne Frank' by Ellen Feldman, which was a good read and I am still reading 'The Wind~up Bird Chronicle' by Haruki Murakami :)

And I ordered from amazon today ~

'The Men Who Stare at Goats' by Jon Ronson

'The Heretic's Daughter' by Kathleen Kent

'Eva's Story: A Survivor's Tale by the Step-Sister of Anne Frank' by Evelyn Julia Kent

'I Am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President' by Josh Lieb

Edited by Weave