In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it a few weeks backtoo. I am a pretty broad-minded person, but personally,I think it's pretty sick. And how sick a person do you have to be to agree to be a surrogate mother for that couple? I couldn't have a baby for someone, knowing that was the situation they'd be put in. It's grossly inappropriate.

It's not that uncommon for family members who have been apart from their early years to have sexual feelings for each other, it's a mixed up emotional message kind of thing, but this is too much.

You cannot help how you feel, but you can help what you do about it, and Granny here should be doing what's right for her grandson, and not allowing this to happen.

What does this woman have to offer a child? A few years at the most! How selfish of her. How is she going to cope with running after a toddler all day long? Or playing with her kid? Is she forgetting that a child needs care 24/7? And what about in 10 years' time, or so, if she is still alive? Does she care how her child will feel when she - an 82 year old - will turn up for parents' day?

• 3 weeks later...

2-y-o smoking 40-a-day

It sickens and digusts me that any parent anywhere in the world would think this is OK! Personally, I think this would go a long way to proving they are unfit parents and if it was the UK, this toddler would have been removed from the family by now.

There is only one word for this: - Yuck!!!

Oh my, I read this a few weeks ago, and there is so many issues, questions surrounding it and the most important person, the baby, how will he/she deal with the situation when he/she is older.

Oh my, I read this a few weeks ago, and there is so many issues, questions surrounding it and the most important person, the baby, how will he/she deal with the situation when he/she is older.

Endless hours of therapy, I suspect.

This was obviously the nmain focus of the days tv news. Such a horrible thing to have happened, and with no obvious 'cause'. From early reports the man who carried it out was a nice friendly bloke who had just become a grandfather. :blush:

I think the whole thing's really sad. I read a few years ago that there's a known tendency to sexual attraction for family members who are reunited after years apart. There were some interviews that were just hreatbreaking, including a woman who tracked down her son, only to have to walk away because of it. I have a feeling it's called genetic sexual attraction.

I have to deal with people like that on a daily basis. Sometimes I fluctuate between thinking it's a shame they don't have any help to they shouldn't be allowed anything unsupervised.

I just know I'm going to be like that in 50 years!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/17943/emergency+rescue+effort+is+launched+for+teen+sailor+abby+sunderland/

Personally, I could even FATHOM the thought of my underaged child attempting this. I do pray she is safe and they find her soon.

When is it okay to over-rule our parental judgement to allow our teenagers to follow their dreams...? I mean, I want our children to reach for the stars but is there ever a time when we give too much freedom?