In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so sad and awful and soul destroying that this is how it went with him.

Two children killed a little boy, and every effort appears to have been made to 'help' the two. One seems to have done so much better than the other. How terribly sad for all concerned.

Wow, we have a change in leader today. Our Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, has stood aside for our first ever female Prime Minister, Julia Gillard.

Women are finally starting to get all the top jobs in this country; we also have our first female Premier in NSW and the first female Governor-General. Good times. :D

:D Thanks Roland. I'm a bit sorry Rudd has gone - he was pretty good as PMs go (high praise coming from me). I think Gillard will be good too, but I hate it when political parties have internal problems and start turning on their own members. It creates such instability.

My parents were nearly "ten pound Poms". Just think, I could have been that annoying neighbour you've always hated ...

you don't have to go to Aus to be that guy :D

My parents were nearly "ten pound Poms". Just think, I could have been that annoying neighbour you've always hated ...

I don't believe that for a second Roland. I think you would be a lovely neighbour to have. :D Wow, your life could have turned out so much differently.

Wow! Never too late, indeed! Sounds like an interesting story, actually - I might have to get hold of a copy! :D

ETA: I've just added it to my Amazon wishlist! :)

Edited by Kell