In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just horrible. The worst thing is a lot of people saw all this stuff coming. All the people around Valero including his promoter and doctors failed him and more importantly his innocent wife and children.

Wonderful, isn't it? :motz: And very timely seeing as I'm reading a book about typos at the moment. I bet this one would make the next edition of the book.

I know there are one or two guys who follow boxing on here. Has anyone been keeping up to date with the Edwin Valero situation? Horrible stuff.

What's been happening?

What's been happening?

Its pretty horrible. WBC Lightweight champion Edwin Valero murdered his 24 year old wife on Monday before committing suicide in his jail cell. They had two children together.

Valero has a history of mental and substance abuse problems. They were well publicised and everyone was calling for him to be taken out of the sport and given professional help. Instead he was allowed to spiral out of control and now an innocent woman has lost her life and two young children both their parents.

Geez, that's terrible! I wish people would pay more attention to what's happening to others around them. It could have been averted. :motz:

Unfortunately boxing is full of very greedy people and he was making millions for some of them.

Except her son committed fraud. I know from my job that if she really pressed the issue, they would refund the entire amount as Facebook/Zynga didn't legally have the right to charge the card as her son was not the card holder. He broke the law by using someone else's card, pure & simple.

We don't know that she hasn't taught her son right from wrong. I would suspect that if asked he would admit that he knew that what he did was wrong so ultimately he has to be held accountable for is actions, not her & her credit rating!

She is the parent it is her ultimate responsibility to protect the cards. Her son is 100% wrong I agree but she is not deaf dumb and blind, rather than blame the child she seems to blame the people not refunding it. How can they know if its fraud or not if it was done by her son from HER house (thus her IP address).

on a side note, how amazing a paragraph is:

Recently Bulgarian councillor Dimitar Kerin, a member of the Plovdiv Municipal Committee, was removed from a key committee because he couldn't resist milking his FarmVille cows during important meetings.
:)

Well, the unfortunate thing is that what I have said, while flawed in logic, is actually true. For instance, if your partner uses your credit card/bank card to buy a pizza, for example, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from calling your bank & refuting the charges because it wasn't you that used the card. We've been stung by this at work far too many times & every single time the bank/credit card company has made us refund the transaction.........

Read somewhere this week that Stephen Hawking, famous Scientist; sorry, 'Applied Mathematician & Theoretical Physicist' to be correct, is strongly advising against humans seeking out extra terrestrial life forms. Leave well alone & remain inconspicuous was his advice!:)

Jim

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8646236.stm

oh no this makes me the blck sheep flamboyant free thinking but selfish..I quite like it although not the selfish part of course ;)

I find it quite scary! I don't think I even know my blood type... I wouldn't be very popular in Japan then. :)

I remember a woman I used to work with having a diet book based on blood groups, basically it listed what people of different blood groups should eat to lose weight, biggest load of rubbish I ever flicked through.

• 2 weeks later...