What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

I've read only a couple of pages of my book so far today, but I should get some more reading in shortly. I also placed a book order with Amazon, seeing as the Aussie dollar is doing well at the moment. This means I shall shortly be joining the ranks of all you Sookie Stackhouse fans. :D And I've ordered a few others as well, which I'm very excited about. :friends0:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to finish The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue last night but kept nodding off(not 'cos the book's that bad!),finished it earlier this morn(fairies/changelings),and started The Bohemian Girl by Kenneth Cameron after.(Victorian London/crime)

Guest velocipede2288

Just finished, Whispering Wind. by Frederick Forsyth. A fantasy western, where a scout at the Little , Horn, escaping from pursuit, goes to sleep in a cave, and wakes up in 1970's. Crazy, but gripping.

About to start The Anatomy of Crime. by Joseph F. Dinneen. Based on the Brinks robbery of $2.500,000

Edited by velocipede2288

It's Robert Rankin meets Neil Gaiman. Simple as.
... *rubs hands together gleefully*!

My book activity of the day? HitchCon starts in about two hours! Am just about to don my jimjams, dressing-gown and towel and head off to the Southbank for a day filled with Pangalacticgargleblasters :friends0: on a sad note, my leatherbound Hitchhiker's did not make it here from the States in time... I just know it's going to arrive in the post first thing tomorrow :D!

There will be a full write-up upon my return :friends0: with piccies!

Hmm not sure if they're all as gory as The Bone Garden, I can't remember them being but it's been a while since I read them, but Tess Gerritsen used to be a doctor, so they all tend to lean more that way medically.

It makes a lot of sense hearing that she was a doctor, Lexie, since her writing is pretty medically-detailed :friends0:. I'll take a browse of her other books and see which might appeal to me, since sometimes I'm just in the mood for some good old suspense.

Hopefully my only book activity today won't primarily consist of packing them in boxes! I'll be sure to squeeze in a chapter or two before bed tonight :D.

Finished Untamed this afternoon, and have either The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong or Hunted by P.C. and Kristin Cast to follow on with, although I also have a book I've been asked to review to read as well, but it's a weighty beast and I can't face it at the moment!

I am nearing the end of Past Imperfect with only 100 or so pages to go. It really is a very long book, but I am enjoying it, even if I am reading it a little slowly. Not sure what I will read next, will have to check the TBR pile as usual.

Finished The White Queen by Philippa Gregory and am going to start The Lost Book of Salem tomorrow ;) I hardly read at the weekends :eek2:

I am going to be reading the Lost Book of salem soon, so look forward to reading your review.

Going to twatch the XtraFactor. I still can't believe I am liking the show as much as I am. I am then going to get some reading done.

Only just about returned from HitchCon; a short-novel-lengh write-up and link to photographic evidence should be available tomorrow :eek2: for now, let me just say I'm a shattered but happy hitchhiker!

Read 70 pages of Dracula so far tonight, and will read another 30 or so - plan to read at least 150 tomorrow and finish it on Tuesday, to begin it's sequel Tuesday evening. I'm now well past any point I ever made it to before and I do really love it - it's definately on the list of books I want to acquire an old copy of from the earlier half of the 1900's.

Today I ordered New Scientist - Does Anything Eat Wasps? for my boyfriend, and Ben Goldacre - Bad Science for us both to read, and pre-ordered P.C. & Kristin Cast - Tempted. Hoping my copy of Kelley Armstrong's Frostbitten arrives tomorrow too :eek2:

That's great Giulia :eek2:

I'm plodding slowly through The Glass Bead Game. I won't keep posting regular updates because I expect it will take me month or so to get through. ;)

That's great Giulia :eek2:

I'm plodding slowly through The Glass Bead Game. I won't keep posting regular updates because I expect it will take me month or so to get through. ;)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Kylie on 'The Glass Bead Game' :censored:

I am almost finished 'Sunshine' by Robin McKinley :)