What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Read - One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest by Ken Kesey (was a little disappointed with this one)

Currently Reading - Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier (I looooove Daphne Du Maurier so much :blush:)

Next - Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (cannot wait to read this. It seems right up my street)

I finished Dead until Dark a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it, you will love it if it is your sort of thing.

I was reading Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay but after picking up my reservations of Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris and Eclipse by Stephanie Mayer (Even though I have not read Full Moon yet) I decided to read Lving dead in Dallas first. I can't believe how much I want to read this book.

My OH was right, they can become quite addictive! Hopefully I can get this read by tomorrow night and I can get back to reading Dexter again.

I finished Dead until Dark a few weeks ago and I enjoyed it, you will love it if it is your sort of thing.

I was reading Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay but after picking up my reservations of Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris and Eclipse by Stephanie Mayer (Even though I have not read Full Moon yet) I decided to read Lving dead in Dallas first. I can't believe how much I want to read this book.

My OH was right, they can become quite addictive! Hopefully I can get this read by tomorrow night and I can get back to reading Dexter again.

:D They are so addictive! I would order the next ones in if I were you :lol:

I started reading the Bone Collector today and I am really enjoying it

First book in a great series joe, hope you enjoy it :blush:

I'M READING DRACULA!!!!

Thanks to the wonderful Charm, I have a copy of it on my shelf.

I'm in a olden sort of mood (!) and I really, really would rather have read this book prior to reviewing it's sequel when I get it next week from Lexie.

I think reading the two so close together will provide a new angle in my review, compared to those who either have not read Dracula at all, and to those who have read, loved, and mulled for years over Dracula. (Assuming there are reviewers falling into both catergories.)

I'm only a few pages in, but I'm already recognising a lot of place names and styles from The Historian - I feel like I'm better prepared for reading it this time.

It'll get me in a Halloween mood over the next couple of weeks too :blush:

ScarletBella, I'm excited for you to read The Lost Book of Salem! You'll have to let us know what you think :blush:.

I read a big chunk of Leeway Cottage today and am about 3/4 the way through now. I thought I was a fan of the main character, but she's really annoying me now :D. Hopefully she'll redeem herself before the end.

Don't worry too much just yet! One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favourite books. I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Ditto, Scarlette! I read this during college and I remember it being one of my faves as well. I bought it a couple years ago just to have since I know I'll want to read it again one of these days.

:lol: They are so addictive! I would order the next ones in if I were you :motz:

First book in a great series joe, hope you enjoy it :blush:

Next three are already on reserve Charm :eek:.

Unfortunately I was only able to read 60 pages as I am STILL getting over this god damn bug!:D I don't know what is wrong with me. I never have any energy :lol:

Finished reading Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood.

Slow start to the story but when the suspense begins to build up and the main characters develop I couldn't put the book down.Read it in two days.Looking forward to reading The Flood in the near future.Meanwhile I will be reading Drowning Man - Michael Robotham the second book he has written.His first book The Suspect was one of the best thriller books I have read recently.

I like Roxi's attitude. I think I might postpone my reading of Dracula the Undead to a time when I've recuperated my copy of Dracula from home and acquired The Historian: then I could read the fictional story of the legend, the legend & the sequel to the legend all in one go :blush: I've read and loved Dracula before but haven't picked it up in years; this is probably a good time!

I'm waiting for a lot of books in the post so hopefully at least one or two will turn up today; then tonight at seven, talk & signing of "The Gates" with John Connelly at Waterstone's Piccadilly - Giulia's Author-Meeting Quest continues! Sometime between the post and the quest I hope to get some Well of Lost Plots read, too (three of the books I'm waiting for in the post being Fforde books...).

Cool Giulia! I'm envious of all your author meetings. :blush:

I've been reading more of Enduring Love today, and adding books to various wishlists and watchlists (on ebay). :D

Edited by Kylie

I haven't read a book today, but have spent all morning reading the 50+ articles on the United Nations website concerning children's rights. And reports into what is working and not working regarding social workers in the UK :blush: I would much rather be reading Harry Potter :D