What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on page 63 of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - the first three chapters were so-so, definitely not attention grabbing. Chapter 4 seems more promising.

It took me a long time to find it grabbing, but you do get into it... Eventually.

In the middle of "Dearly Devoted Dexter." and just bought two Inspector Morse books form a charity shop "The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn."and "The Remorsefull Day."

HOw are you finding Dearly devoted Dexter? Good I hope :D.

I'm about 2 thirds of the way through Let The Right One In and am finding it really good now. Its turning out to be quite more of a horror than I expected along side being a tale of friendship :friends0:

I hope you enjoy the rest of it Charm, the horror does play a part but as it goes on, the friendship wins out, happy reading hen.

I am almost finished 'A Confederacy of Dunces' by John Kennedy Toole:D

I hope you enjoy the rest of it Charm, the horror does play a part but as it goes on, the friendship wins out, happy reading hen.

Thanks Gyre :D When I first started it, it took me a while to get into, but I just reminded myself that you had loved it so it must be good and persevered! I'm glad I did :friends0:

Thanks Gyre :motz: When I first started it, it took me a while to get into, but I just reminded myself that you had loved it so it must be good and persevered! I'm glad I did :D

:friends0: Charm, it is a good read, and I know you will love it as much as I do :motz:

I finished just moment ago "The Yellow Lighted Bookshop" by Lewis Buzbee.

I don't know what I'm going to read next,but I was planning on reading The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli.

Yesterday I bought The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It was on sale so I couldn't resist. :friends0:

I'm about to start Verbal Judo: The Gentle Art of Persuasion by George J. Thompson, PHD. Its a book I have to read for school. Its supposed to help police officers communicate better. It sounds good, for a school book :D

I finished just moment ago "The Yellow Lighted Bookshop" by Lewis Buzbee.

I don't know what I'm going to read next,but I was planning on reading The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli.

Yesterday I started reading The Hobbit.

I was really looking forward to it, so far I've only read the first chapter but something tells me that this is going to be one hell of a read.

:friends0:

Just finished I Victoria - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. Never read any of her books before and it has been sitting on one of my book shelves for ages. Found it historically interesting as I knew very little about Queen Victoria,but will probably not read this author again.

Starting on Shatter - Michael Robotham. The blurb says it is a terrifying psychological thriller and is going to delve into the darkess recesses of my mind.:friends0:

Edited by pickwick